dangng009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My touring is 12-24 Vin shows it was produced in Canada FC1F97GH632644. I have no clue where my car stands in as its 632644.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
If anyone wants to compute or validate VIN check digits, PM me. I have some Excel VBA code that can do that.

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
The most recent revision seems to be missing the Indiana plant (E) right before the "sequential" production number.

GoPackGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Energy Green Coupe
Here's a VIN from a coupe a local dealers says is coming soon. It's an LX-P in Green

2HGFC4B03GH300502

so we can fill in the blanks somewhat for the coupe

canad-IAN.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Hi all, thanks for sharing the VIN Translator information. I just picked up my 2016 Civic Touring Sedan and I could not be happier. With a new vehicle comes a new car policy and I thought I would share my experience in case others are having the same issue.

The VIN on my vehicle specifies the equipment trim level as a Touring (8th Number = "9"). The quote, application, and temporary slip provided by my broker (Inova) aligns with this system. However, the official policy documents from the insurance provider (Scottish & York), the trim has been changed to an LX. This is on all of the documents including the certificate and car slip.

My broker has reached out the insurance provider to clarify and they were told that the trim cannot be changed as is it automatically generated using the VIN number. They reassured me that it has been notated on my file and that my documents should work as they stand. Is this something I should be concerned about? Any insights, recommendations or a advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Is this something I should be concerned about?
If they have the correct VIN but they don't know how to correctly decode it, that's 110% on them. I wouldn't worry it for a second.

ajacks101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Koz McBloo 2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
If they have the correct VIN but they don't know how to correctly decode it, that's 110% on them. I wouldn't worry it for a second.
Is there any way to determine the month of manufacture from the VIN?

HondaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Hi all, thanks for sharing the VIN Translator information. I just picked up my 2016 Civic Touring Sedan and I could not be happier. With a new vehicle comes a new car policy and I thought I would share my experience in case others are having the same issue.

The VIN on my vehicle specifies the equipment trim level as a Touring (8th Number = "9"). The quote, application, and temporary slip provided by my broker (Inova) aligns with this system. However, the official policy documents from the insurance provider (Scottish & York), the trim has been changed to an LX. This is on all of the documents including the certificate and car slip.

My broker has reached out the insurance provider to clarify and they were told that the trim cannot be changed as is it automatically generated using the VIN number. They reassured me that it has been notated on my file and that my documents should work as they stand. Is this something I should be concerned about? Any insights, recommendations or a advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

This may possibly be a concern, as if the vehicle is totaled, they may try to base your value on the LX pricing and not the touring!

I would send them a copy of your window sticker and have them change it!

You insurance rates could possibly go up though!