2016 Civic Touring: 1,000 Mile Review

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This may be a dumb question, but I've seen it talked about several times. Does the upper models not have a volume switch on the steering wheel? Just curious. I prefer a volume knob too, but most of the time I use the switch on my steering wheel more.
It does. It's both a rocker and a slider. For incremental changes you can press up or down, for larger changes you can swipe up or down. You can also mute by swiping from the top to the bottom all the way.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mno86

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Got it on video this afternoon. In a way I'm glad it's starting to do it more frequently. I hope a personal video is enough to convince the dealership to take a look at it rather than going through the torturous battle of getting them to replicate.

Please try not to share this video too widely- I have it set to Private on YouTube because my license plate is in it and I don't know how to blur it out. Needless to say, this noise is horrifically embarrassing not to mention extremely problematic on a brand new car.

I find it only does it when its left out in the hot sun. It never does it when I start it up in the garage in the morning. After getting to work at 8ish, I leave for lunch around 11:30 and it often does it - almost always does it when I leave work for the day (when this video was taken).

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think I hear something like that sometimes, not sure what it is.

nicoled985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan
Country flag
My car does it as well. I almost think there's nothing wrong with it just something that makes a weird noise in the engine that's harmless

OP
OP
mno86

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
My car does it as well. I almost think there's nothing wrong with it just something that makes a weird noise in the engine that's harmless
Be that as it may, it's very loud and it's drawn attention from passerby more than once. I intend to get it looked at. A new car shouldn't be making this noise. My 2013 si only made this noise when starting in subzero temperatures, but before that I've never had a car make a noise like this at start up, ya know?

nicoled985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan
Country flag
Be that as it may, it's very loud and it's drawn attention from passerby more than once. I intend to get it looked at. A new car shouldn't be making this noise. My 2013 si only made this noise when starting in subzero temperatures, but before that I've never had a car make a noise like this at start up, ya know?
You're right. Hopefully Honda catches on

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a car that did a similar noise, but it turned out it was the idler pulley vibrating/shaking on start up. Shouldn't do that on a new car though.
Sponsored