Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
themzlab.tumblr.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2013 Prius 5,2003 Jetta TDI
Country flag

I read somewhere that Honda's got a volume knob back in the works - it's been pretty maligned by every reviewer out there professionally.
yes, I read that as well, but of course that will be for the new models. Good news for Honda and for people that waited. Doesn't help the early adopters very much.

I haven't looked for this yet, but I hope at least that the head unit has different volume levels for different sources. That will help when I switch between music and audiobooks.
Sponsored

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I also hit 1000 miles during the week, and my civic's the same color as yours! I haven't experienced any rattling, but the headunit has glitched on me once. I was making a right turn, so the camera went on. However, it stayed on and would not go back to Apple maps until i restarted the car. The tires are extremely noisy on choppy roads. The majority of my miles were freeway. Lane keep and adaptive cruise control were perfect. The seats need lumbar support.

Maybe you hit the button on the lever (which is the blind spot camera). I did that once or twice making a right hand turn. I just grabbed the lever and accidentally hit the button and screen showed blind spot camera even after completing turn. I just had to depress the button at the end of the turn signal lever. Lol.

y5x007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Ex
Country flag
Rattles: Light rattle coming from passenger side pillar near seatbelt - drives me nuts.
Front passenger side seat belt looks very lose, every time I make turns it will make noise.
These Electronics buggy me so much!!!
Thanks for your review

goodra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T sedan
Country flag
Maybe you hit the button on the lever (which is the blind spot camera). I did that once or twice making a right hand turn. I just grabbed the lever and accidentally hit the button and screen showed blind spot camera even after completing turn. I just had to depress the button at the end of the turn signal lever. Lol.
I honestly did not know there was a button like that. I probably did hit the button lol, thanks for informing me!

JNK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
Just curious, what do you keep your climate control set to? I see you're in CT, so I assume your outside temperatures are around the same as mine down in NYC.

In my civic, I'm finding that I have to set the climate to at least 5 degrees lower than the temperature I actually want. I set it to 65 for a comfortable cabin temp of 70. Verified through a couple weeks of driving around with an instant read meat thermometer, and the cabin temp always ends up 5-7 degrees above what I set the climate control to. So i've been keeping it around 62-65 in general, depending on the weather and what i'm wearing on a given day, but planning on complaining to my dealer when I get some time.

Haven't heard a lot of feedback about people having issues with auto climate control temps, but really wondering what everyone's using for their temperature settings or if it's just me.
I keep mine set to 69 or 70 for the most part, and it seems to be pretty accurate. I prefer it cooler, and it does not appear to be warmer than the setting on my car.

OP
OP
mno86

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Follow up thoughts: back up camera becomes utterly useless in any kind of rain or inclement weather. Definitely don't remember my 2013 being this touchy. Feel like it took a ton of snow or salt to cover it. Rain never impeded it.wuality is also extremely grainy in low lighting.

whaaaaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L, Black w/ Ivory interior
Country flag
Follow up thoughts: back up camera becomes utterly useless in any kind of rain or inclement weather. Definitely don't remember my 2013 being this touchy. Feel like it took a ton of snow or salt to cover it. Rain never impeded it.wuality is also extremely grainy in low lighting.
True about the rain, but not sure what honda could really do about that short of putting an unsightly hood over it that juts out a bit from the trunk. Rain was equally problematic in my 2013 for sure.

Low light conditions are indeed grainy, but still good enough visibility for its purpose. Absolutely better than my 2013 for low light conditions. Whether that's attributable to the camera itself or just the better display screen, not really sure.

OP
OP
mno86

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
True about the rain, but not sure what honda could really do about that short of putting an unsightly hood over it that juts out a bit from the trunk. Rain was equally problematic in my 2013 for sure.

Low light conditions are indeed grainy, but still good enough visibility for its purpose. Absolutely better than my 2013 for low light conditions. Whether that's attributable to the camera itself or just the better display screen, not really sure.
I think a part of it is I didn't have Navi on my 2013, so the camera was in the iMid area, which was much smaller. It was also center mounted (where our trunk release button is), so I've had to adjust a bit on this one. The car is definitely wider, and I find myself parking too far to the side sometimes!

I also really would give anything for intermittent wipers- the rain sensing ones bother me more than they help me- moving too fast even at low speeds and barely any rai on the windshield.

Just had to put a few gripes in. other than that I'm super happy with the car.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
There is a thread somewhere here about how disconnecting the battery will "reset" most of the systems on the car.

This fixed a majority of issues (transmission surging, insane auto-wipers, touchscreen issues) - give it a try.

Quite ironically, my auto-wipers were working flawlessly until I pulled the battery to install glove-box light. After the reset they are a bit more finnicky - will have to do it again sometime lol

Phenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly did not know there was a button like that. I probably did hit the button lol, thanks for informing me!
I was going to suggest the same thing. I discovered the camera button by accident one day. I accidentally pressed it and wondered why the camera stayed on so long. It's actually pretty convenient. I use it to turn the camera off when I'm sitting at a stop light in the turn lane and want to access my AA or radio functions.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Maybe someone will figure out what to swap to install intermittent wipers from one of the other models.

OP
OP
mno86

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Little update:

It's in the low 50s today in Milwaukee. Was driving around running errands, car had been running for a bit. Turned off and ran into the store. Came out 30 minutes later. Then I turned the ignitio on, there was a horrific rattle/grind oise as the engine turned over. I didn't hold the power button, just pressed it. This is deeply concerning, as my 2013 Si exhibited the same thing but only in cold weather. As others have called it, it sounds like when you hold the ignition into "start" for too long. It's only done it once and didn't do it again after that.

There's also an obnoxious rattle coming from somewhere on the drivers side. Can't tell if it's the instrument panel or if it's by my legs/feet but that's gonna need to get fixed.

Still loving the car, but first year problems are definitely coming to a head at 1,300 miles. All of these will be dealt with post haste when I get to the dealership next time.

Krispin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic EX-T
Country flag
I am about 700 km (430 miles) into my new civic and I quite like it. A really well built car other than the infotainment system, which Honda needs to fix the software or replace it, and I am not really happy with the road noise.

I am also quite surprised with the dearth of info about various mods you can do to eek out an extra couple horsepower from your vehicle. I have to say the aftermarket mods for Subaru seem to be much more available.

Krispin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic EX-T
Country flag
Interesting. I live in one of the rainiest places on earth and I thought it was really good.

jaboop35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
So I'm looking into moving from a money guzzler of an Audi to a new Touring and gotta say that this thread in particular has started to make me second guess. Going for a test drive next week. I've heard great things about the car and financially and personally it makes huge sense for me but I definitely don't want to dump money into a car if it's still somewhat flaky. Sounds like there's a lot of people experiencing issues as they get to higher mileages on them.
Sponsored