Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
So, per another thread, this all but rules out a 1.5T on the Si unless:
- The Si is automatic only (unlikely)
- The Si is delayed to MY2017 (unlikely)

Fingers crossed for a 230-250 HP 2.0T.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic Si rumored to have around 200HP {filename}
Sponsored

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
So, per another thread, this all but rules out a 1.5T on the Si unless:
- The Si is automatic only (unlikely)
- The Si is delayed to MY2017 (unlikely)

Fingers crossed for a 230-250 HP 2.0T.
I wouldn't read too much into this.

IMO it probably has more to do with getting the EPA certification on the 1.5T+MT setup.

Although, worst case scenario, you could be right if the Si were to be 1.5T:puke: this would definitely delay it.

But hey, who in their right mind would think the Si would get crippled by a 1.5T???

HondaGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
The Si will definitely arrive next year. Honda has not finalized which engine will bless the Si chassis. That being said, if indeed the manual 1.5T is delayed until 2017, expect the Si to continue with a new K series or go 2.0T with 6 speed of the Type R.

I expect the Si to be revealed at the NY Auto Show next April.

OP
OP
05 Si

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
Maybe even as early as the Detroit show in January? Since the coupe will have its reveal next week that clears the auto show schedule for the Si if they chose to reveal it earlier than April.

Detroit gets the most attention by far of any US auto show so perfect place to get the Si lots of love.

Emina

Threads
Reaction score
The Si will definitely arrive next year. Honda has not finalized which engine will bless the Si chassis. That being said, if indeed the manual 1.5T is delayed until 2017, expect the Si to continue with a new K series or go 2.0T with 6 speed of the Type R.

I find it surprising that they haven't finalized the engine yet. It seems like a clear choice unless they have a new powertrain in development or they are figuring out how aggressively tuned it should be offered with a warranty.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
LOL they've definitely "finalized" the engine. They just haven't announced it yet.

Just imagine the amount of retooling, supplier negotiations, and testing required for a last minute powerplant change. :)

OP
OP
05 Si

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
LOL they've definitely "finalized" the engine. They just haven't announced it yet.

Just imagine the amount of retooling, supplier negotiations, and testing required for a last minute powerplant change. :)
+1 no way it's still undecided. It was decided long ago and has been in testing no doubt.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

After testing the 1.5 Turbo, which is kick ass good, it's exciting to imagine what 200+ will feel like. The Civic Touring is very tight.
Sponsored