2016 Civic Sedan Trunk Warning Alarm on Uneven Terrain

nathanfay1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Hi everyone,

I'm a long time lurker and first time poster on CivicX.com! You guys helped guide me toward a 2016 Touring model, and what a great car it has been! The only two issues I've had with the car are:

1) The subwoofer rattling on medium volumes (advice?), and

2) My "trunk open" alarm triggers whenever the car is slightly agitated. I've created a video as proof:

I verified after making the video that the trunk was indeed shut. The alarm triggers over some bumps in the road, and almost always when driving over highway lane-markers. The car's sensitivity to shock seems to increase with time, as I might hear is 40 or 50 times in a half-hour drive now. I haven't come across this issue elsewhere on the forums, however I hope this video serves as evidence to anyone having a hard time gathering enough to prove their case for Honda.
Sponsored

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I'm a long time lurker and first time poster on CivicX.com! You guys helped guide me toward a 2016 Touring model, and what a great car it has been! The only two issues I've had with the car are:

1) The subwoofer rattling on medium volumes (advice?), and

2) My "trunk open" alarm triggers whenever the car is slightly agitated. I've created a video as proof:

I verified after making the video that the trunk was indeed shut. The alarm triggers over some bumps in the road, and almost always when driving over highway lane-markers. The car's sensitivity to shock seems to increase with time, as I might hear is 40 or 50 times in a half-hour drive now. I haven't come across this issue elsewhere on the forums, however I hope this video serves as evidence to anyone having a hard time gathering enough to prove their case for Honda.
First ive heard of this.. Go to dealer... Bad sensor or not installed correctly..