Alj888

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic touring
Country flag
My civic is causing me issues and I need to know if anyone has anything similar happen. It all started about 2 weeks ago. I started my car, drove down the road, and about a quarter mile down the road by car had no power. I would floor it and it wouldn’t go past 10 miles per hour or 2,000 rpms. I’ve taken it to two Honda dealers, Penske Honda in Carmel Indiana. They schedule me right before they closed and basically told me nothing is wrong with the car. Anyways it’s happened 9 times. 9 times. I feel like I can’t trust the car. When it happens I let it sit for 5-10 hours and when I come back it works perfectly fine. The engine light flashes when it happens. I have had all maintenance done on time and I baby the car. Honda wants nothing to do with it. The second dealer I took it to was fishers Honda and they told me nothing was wrong as well. I contacted Honda myself and they told me to take it to a local dealer. Well I’ve done that and nothing has been resolved. I’m considering just selling it and getting a wrx, gti, or a type r. The customer service has been awful. I can’t believe it cause I’ve never ever had any issues with Honda before. Has anyone had a similar issue or any advice? I appreciate any help.
Sponsored

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
sounds like ur car went into a limb mode, and there could be many reasons. you should get a reader, or at least take it to a nearby auto store to read the code while it is happening next time. if engine light goes off, there should be some kinda codes.

good luck.

My civic is causing me issues and I need to know if anyone has anything similar happen. It all started about 2 weeks ago. I started my car, drove down the road, and about a quarter mile down the road by car had no power. I would floor it and it wouldn’t go past 10 miles per hour or 2,000 rpms. I’ve taken it to two Honda dealers, Penske Honda in Carmel Indiana. They schedule me right before they closed and basically told me nothing is wrong with the car. Anyways it’s happened 9 times. 9 times. I feel like I can’t trust the car. When it happens I let it sit for 5-10 hours and when I come back it works perfectly fine. The engine light flashes when it happens. I have had all maintenance done on time and I baby the car. Honda wants nothing to do with it. The second dealer I took it to was fishers Honda and they told me nothing was wrong as well. I contacted Honda myself and they told me to take it to a local dealer. Well I’ve done that and nothing has been resolved. I’m considering just selling it and getting a wrx, gti, or a type r. The customer service has been awful. I can’t believe it cause I’ve never ever had any issues with Honda before. Has anyone had a similar issue or any advice? I appreciate any help.

OP
OP
Alj888

Alj888

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic touring
Country flag
sounds like ur car went into a limb mode, and there could be many reasons. you should get a reader, or at least take it to a nearby auto store to read the code while it is happening next time. if engine light goes off, there should be some kinda codes.

good luck.
Both dealerships told me there was no code stored.... they said it is very rare that that happens. Which you would think after 9 times it would at least store one. I appreciate it! I’m hoping I’ll figure it out cause I love the car but it has to get me from point A to B everytime I need it too.

Royalz_2o9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Touring Sedan
Country flag
Both dealerships told me there was no code stored.... they said it is very rare that that happens. Which you would think after 9 times it would at least store one. I appreciate it! I’m hoping I’ll figure it out cause I love the car but it has to get me from point A to B everytime I need it too.
Happened to me in previous car, i had to reset the on board computer. Cant quite find the method i did but it had to do with disconnecting the pos and neg wires of battery and touching them together for 15 mins so all the power drains from computer in car and all electronics. After that drive normal not aggressive for a few miles and it basically relearns all the shift points and how to function properly.

Hope this helps!

OP
OP
Alj888

Alj888

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic touring
Country flag
Happened to me in previous car, i had to reset the on board computer. Cant quite find the method i did but it had to do with disconnecting the pos and neg wires of battery and touching them together for 15 mins so all the power drains from computer in car and all electronics. After that drive normal not aggressive for a few miles and it basically relearns all the shift points and how to function properly.

Hope this helps!
Already tried this! Sadly it didn’t solve my problem. I appreciate the help tho.
Sponsored