CaptK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru XV Crosstek
I'm coming from a leased 2014 Fiesta ST and I'm looking forward to the Civic because of more space (new baby) and better gas mileage while hopefully not sacrificing too much power. The Fiesta ST is a fun car though and I have mostly positive things to say about it for the ~2 years I've had it.
It's tough with a new baby, i was in the same situation not too long ago. One silver lining of these cars getting bigger over the years is more room for the baby while still keeping your toy :)
Sponsored

EmperorHondus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Accord, 2002 Mazda Protege
I'm coming from a leased 2014 Fiesta ST and I'm looking forward to the Civic because of more space (new baby) and better gas mileage while hopefully not sacrificing too much power. The Fiesta ST is a fun car though and I have mostly positive things to say about it for the ~2 years I've had it.
I appreciate your input. Indeed, I've read that it's nearly impossible to fit a rear-facing infant car seat in the Fiesta. The other issue is that the FiST is based on a model that was released in 2008, which in car years is eons ago. It was of course updated in 2014. But still, the Civic will be all-new and cutting edge. I just hope it isn't too grown up and bloated.

10GenCVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe EX-T
I appreciate your input. Indeed, I've read that it's nearly impossible to fit a rear-facing infant car seat in the Fiesta. The other issue is that the FiST is based on a model that was released in 2008, which in car years is eons ago. It was of course updated in 2014. But still, the Civic will be all-new and cutting edge. I just hope it isn't too grown up and bloated.
The Fiesta ST for a baby car seat is a real tight fit. You have to move the passenger seat forward a little such that a 5'9" or shorter person would fit and a little more upright than would be considered comfortable for a trip. I am looking forward to the hatchback version, hopefully it is a bit shorter than the Civic Sedan so it's probably a bit bigger than the Fiesta ST but shorter than the Sedan.

As far as interior electronics, I have to say that the voice recognition for the My Ford Touch with Sync is better than any other car I've ever tried. I'm hoping the Civic has a good microphone with noise cancellation because Siri isn't good at voice recognition even with a noise-less environment.

iamjack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
If the Civic X increases in size and the interior space isn't improved it will be disappointing. Mfgs are finding ways to slim the exterior and interior materials for more leg/shoulder room even as the overall vehicle size increases.

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Anyone have an idea what these events will be like? Closed to the public I'm guessing? Will it be broadcast online like a lot of companies do now? I'm thinking the LA one will be at the US HQ, not sure about Detroit though.

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
Anyone have an idea what these events will be like? Closed to the public I'm guessing? Will it be broadcast online like a lot of companies do now? I'm thinking the LA one will be at the US HQ, not sure about Detroit though.
Tried emailing to see if it was even open to the media, haven't heard back yet. I'm sure it's by invitation only, like when they do media drive events for new product.

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Well I'm hoping they can give us regular fans a live streaming video to watch it all unfold. The post coverage is never as good as seeing it live.

nade shot

Threads
Reaction score
That's my only issue too. That it's gradually moving into the space that the Accord used to occupy. Then again there was never an Accord Si or Type R, so we'll at least have those.

Well I'm hoping they can give us regular fans a live streaming video to watch it all unfold. The post coverage is never as good as seeing it live.
If not, I'm sure someone attending will feed it live via Periscope.

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
While we shoot the shit as we await the revelation of this model, does anyone have any contingency plans in case it's somehow disappointing? Though I'm obviously a huge enthusiast of Honda, I've been tempted by cars like the Fiesta ST, and even the WRX on the more expensive side of the spectrum. I don't mean to commit blasphemy, just making conversation.:)
Really hope it doesn't disappoint. I'd hate to leave the Honda family but there's nothing else in the brand I'd want over the Civic right now.

OP
OP
administrator

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Looks like Honda's teaser silhouette for the sedan reveal was pretty much accurate to life. :)

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic Sedan silhouette teaser from Honda {filename}
Sponsored