EmperorHondus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Accord, 2002 Mazda Protege
I'm not feeling it so much. I don't like the rear quarter-windows, as they seem to elongate the car. It just looks way too large for a Civic. That said, I require four doors, and the hatch sounds like it will debut much later than the sedan.
Sponsored

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
I agree with this^
That quarter window definitely adds to length in a bad way.

From reading comments online I think most people feel the car looks too big for a Civic and I have to agree. I REALLY liked the rear quarter view of the coupe spy photos so I'm hoping the truncated rear makes as big of a difference as it looks.

M1160

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of Uber
Us enthusiasts aren't really looking at or interested in the sedan anyway. I bet 99% of us are here for the coupe and return of the hatchback! Am I right guys?

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
Us enthusiasts aren't really looking at or interested in the sedan anyway. I bet 99% of us are here for the coupe and return of the hatchback! Am I right guys?
It depends on how many doors the hatch has. I like having four doors, way easier when you have more than one friend. :)

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The hatch will have 4 doors. (or 5 technically) as thats the only one sold in europe. They dropped the 3 door model when the 8th gen ended.

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
The hatch will have 4 doors. (or 5 technically) as thats the only one sold in europe. They dropped the 3 door model when the 8th gen ended.
Just because they dropped it doesn't mean it can't make a return. That said, I'm assuming it will be a 5-door, which would make the sedan uninteresting to me.

Tap Out

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 CRV
I agree with this^
That quarter window definitely adds to length in a bad way.

From reading comments online I think most people feel the car looks too big for a Civic and I have to agree. I REALLY liked the rear quarter view of the coupe spy photos so I'm hoping the truncated rear makes as big of a difference as it looks.
I'm split on the looks. On one hand it looks sleeker and nicer than current one but then it also looks bigger and maybe too 'mature' like a luxury sedan. It lost some of its Civic-ness. Then again these are just renders for now so maybe production one will be the perfect mix of everything. :bow:

M1160

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of Uber
Renderings had it really close since they had patent images to work off of!

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic Sedan Renders Based on Patent Drawings {filename}

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic Sedan Renders Based on Patent Drawings {filename}