RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One reviewer website had said either the EX model or the base model would be within $200 of its 2015 counterpart's starting price. Current LX is $18,490.
Yes, they were referring to the "base" EX, meaning the 2.0L version EX being within $200 of the current EX model.
Sponsored

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
My guess is not very :) That's a pretty specific price they have but unless I see it in a leaked document no way a Honda rep just casually mentioned that specific of a price to someone at the media drives or another event.
The people that attended the press drives already have tech specs but they can't publish them until the embargo is up on the 19th. They could possibly also have been provided the 2016 pricing and this outlet is just leaking it despite the embargo. Of course this assumes that 1) pricing info was given out at the press drive and 2) this outlet attended the drives.

H_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Si
I bet specs leak before the 19th which is still some time away. Sounds like a lot of people were invited and there's gotta be one loose mouth.

s2ker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000
I bet specs leak before the 19th which is still some time away. Sounds like a lot of people were invited and there's gotta be one loose mouth.
Also likely to leak are dealer training guides. There's even more dealers than people invited to the press drive ;)

///Mookster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag

hothatchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf Mark5
Has Honda said anything at all about pricing? even a hint of it being priced aggressively?

PirelliPZero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EJ6, CBR
Has Honda said anything at all about pricing? even a hint of it being priced aggressively?
Not that they wouldn't price it aggressively, but yes, the executive vice president has said that the pricing should remain near that of the current model.

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot, 2004 Honda CRV, 2006 Honda Civic
I really like grey interior and this Steel Metallic and the Burgandy will be my two choices. Again everything says wait a while on a new model but this is the first time I want to ignore than and get one asap.

hothatchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf Mark5
Not that they wouldn't price it aggressively, but yes, the executive vice president has said that the pricing should remain near that of the current model.
Well that's definitely good news and if it does remain near that of the current model to me that is pricing aggressively. With all the talk of a complete redesign I thought we'd be seeing $500-1000 increase across the board.

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
Funny all this talk about pricing and how members here are afraid of a steep price hike. Probably goes to show how much an improvement we're all perceiving on the new model from the styling, specs, and feedback given so far.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This week is crawling... but only 4 more days!

Amazed no specs leak yet.
Slightly shocked as well... no spec leaks... price leaks... we haven't seen or heard anything about the coupe for weeks now... Still nothing of any substance about the Si variants... LAME...

4 more days... 4 more days... haha

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
Slightly shocked as well... no spec leaks... price leaks... we haven't seen or heard anything about the coupe for weeks now... Still nothing of any substance about the Si variants... LAME...

4 more days... 4 more days... haha
Every day I remind my wife in 6 days, in 5 days, in 4 days etc... hahaha. She isn't too pleased.

Emina

Threads
Reaction score
This week is crawling... but only 4 more days!

Amazed no specs leak yet.
Bet there's a leak the day before. Someone is bound to try to get a jump on this juicy info. I'm hoping no major surprises for pricing and it is in line with the small increase thats been mentioned.
Sponsored