2016 Civic Owners-Biggest Surprises/Disappointments so far?

LBug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
The LX model lacks an external trunk release, included on "higher" models. On the LX, you've got to use the key or the internal release.
I have a touring and wasn't even aware of an external trunk release. Not sure why id use that over the key button. I always use that or internal release anyway.
Sponsored

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I have a touring and wasn't even aware of an external trunk release. Not sure why id use that over the key button. I always use that or internal release anyway.
Put your hand under the lip on the trunk, press on the rubberized buttons, tada it opens if you have your smart key on you

kirkhilles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Cosmic Blue
The EX-T has everything I could want minus a few things: Blindspot Warnings and a Home Link (garage door opener) is about the only reasonable things I'd want to see added.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The EX-T has everything I could want minus a few things: Blindspot Warnings and a Home Link (garage door opener) is about the only reasonable things I'd want to see added.
Even the touring does not have blind spot warnings, I dont think any Hondas have that?

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Even the touring does not have blind spot warnings, I dont think any Hondas have that?
Odyssey Touring, Pilot Touring and top Ridgeline trim does have BSI, and Acuras.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Odyssey Touring, Pilot Touring and top Ridgeline trim does have BSI, and Acuras.
I find it amusing that someone buys a base model car, then complains because it does not have top of the line trim options lol
Civic is still considered a basic model, even the touring trim does not have the same goodies the higher end models of Honda has. So don't expect them.

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
I find it amusing that someone buys a base model car, then complains because it does not have top of the line trim options lol
Civic is still considered a basic model, even the touring trim does not have the same goodies the higher end models of Honda has. So don't expect them.
I think they were just contradicting your statement:
I dont think any Hondas have that?

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think they were just contradicting your statement:
I meant some of the other people posting who are complaining about the lack of features the car has, like the one who wants blind spot warning in an EXT, The Touring does not even have that? The other one who wants the touring style trunk release on the outside on an LX model on and on they want the top of the line features on the basic model trim or the same features are Honda's top of the line models, on their most basic model car the Civic. Blows my mind.

kirkhilles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Cosmic Blue
LOL, look. I spent Months and Months researching the car (as well as here), so the only possible "surprises" or "disappointments" for me would be for an unexpected failure or costs. I was just stating more of a "nice to have". I love my EX-T.

TheCodifier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
On the other end though, many compact cars from the competitors does have the traditional blind spot monitoring.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
On the other end though, many compact cars from the competitors does have the traditional blind spot monitoring.
If they have all the stuff Civic Touring has AND have that too, it probably costs more too

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
If they have all the stuff Civic Touring has AND have that too, it probably costs more too
It doesn't...lol.

Elantra Limited is far better equipped and it's equivalent to the Civic.
The Civic does drive a tad better though.

Anyway, competition exists for a reason!
Sponsored