2016 civic lx steering wheel sticking

toddfw2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
So my steering where has been sticking off and on. I can be going around a turn on the freeway and let go of the steering wheel and it will hold the turn and not roll back to center. its frustrating driving in a straight line because the steering isnt smooth. when I adjust the steering wheel to maintain a straight bath it sticks which makes me use more force then I over compensate. Anyone else have this problem. I have 22,000 miles. I took it to the dealership and they couldnt recreate it so they did nothing. It also isnt throwing out any codes
Sponsored

chokesmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic LX Manual 2016
Country flag
This look like there might not be enough or too much air in your tires and maybe a bad alignment. Mine is fine on the highway since I checked my tire pressure. It used to do that before for me.

Keep in mind that there is a system called straight assist. It help you anytime you are trying to stay straight or when you are in a long turn so you don't have to hold it.

OP
OP

toddfw2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
This look like there might not be enough or too much air in your tires and maybe a bad alignment. Mine is fine on the highway since I checked my tire pressure. It used to do that before for me.

Keep in mind that there is a system called straight assist. It help you anytime you are trying to stay straight or when you are in a long turn so you don't have to hold it.

Ok that makes sense. I wonder if you can turn off straight assist. Will check my tire pressure

OP
OP

toddfw2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
As far as I know it is part of the VSA so you would need to disable it to disable straight assist. I would not recommend to disable VSA.

the thing is it doesnt happen all the time. I wish it did, that way the dealer could see it happening

Tsnyder

First Name
tanice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag
Did you get this issue resolved finally? I’m having the same issue on my 2016 Civic 53,000 and I am about to trade my car in I do not want to deal with this more...
Sponsored