Civicguy19

First Name
Cooper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Coupe
Country flag
Replacing stock LX 5” head unit with Pioneer DMH-220EX. New HU said put the parking breaks on. While trying to get the steering wheel controls to work, the after market HU stopped working. Plugged stock back in and it receives no power either. USB does not charge phone either. I changed the audio fuses and no luck. I saw somewhere about older civics Anti Theft somehow locking the HU but couldnt find anything about Anti-theft for the 2016 civic. I also unplugged the battery and nothing different happened. The stock head unit was working fine until I tried to upgrade. I will attach fuse boxes incase anything looks out of the ordinary.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic LX no power to head unit 1

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic LX no power to head unit 2

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
In the underhood fuse box, on the right bank of fuses in your pic, above the green 30A fuse, check the 10A red and 15A blue just above the green 30A. Those are the audio unit power fuses.

If the accessory power outlet/cigarette lighter does not work, check fuse B29, a yellow 20A fuse in the underdash fuse box. Top row, the 3rd one from the left.

Stop letting all the smoke out of the wiring, its hard to get it back in there. :slap:

WhiskeySport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport
Country flag
Any update on this or figure out what it was. Same thing happened to me. Although the fuse under the dash #29 was fine as well as the “audio” 15a under the hood. Only one I don’t check yet was the 10a.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Don't forget the fuse on the actual HU itself on the rear panel.
Sponsored