Country flag

apete06

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex L
My stealership just told me that they’d use my Mobil 1 oil, but refused to use my Mobil 1 filter!!!! They said they had a fram blow off and cause $8k in damages... such a terrible Honda dealership to get 7 “presidential awards”. Hope the a2 Honda oem will hold up for 5k miles.

sirwired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CR-V
My stealership just told me that they’d use my Mobil 1 oil, but refused to use my Mobil 1 filter!!!! They said they had a fram blow off and cause $8k in damages... such a terrible Honda dealership to get 7 “presidential awards”. Hope the a2 Honda oem will hold up for 5k miles.
Many mechanics/shops do not allow you to provide your own parts; it's a pretty standard policy, and avoids arguments over if any subsequent failure was due to your parts or their installation. (And, of course, parts markup is part of how they make money.) I always ask a shop before supplying my own parts. If that Fram that "blew off" was the near-identical A02; well, the dealer might spend a bit of time arguing about if it was the filter or the install, but those arguments would be with Honda HQ, not you.

The A01 version of the OEM filter is really quite good, and you can get it for a good price on Amazon if you get a bag of 5. (And they also have consistently decent prices on oil.) I don't even waste time trying to hunt down the latest oil/filter specials any more. (AAP's have started to really suck, AZ's have always been terrible, W-M has decent oil prices, but a lousy filter selection)

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag

Not surprise from a car dealer , they must use original parts and oil .
Small mechanic in your home town may accept. You don't need to go at a Honda dealer for oil change. Keep you bills

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Stealership, I like that. That's what ill call my last dealer. They took a 15.00 royal purple filter from me when they did my last oil change and said they put it on,put that on the paperwork. I changed my own oil a few days ago,and the lying bastards didn't use it. So,they over filled it, bent the sheild and didn't put it on right and used the wrong screws. Stealership fits them perfectly.
Sponsored

Last edited: