2016 Civic LX Kenwood Audio Receiver Install

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
I have a question. I might change my stocker out for an aftermarket, but I need to know this first. The ONLY reason I wanna change it, is to improve the phone call quality. The radio part is fine to me, no more than I listen to music anyway. During calls, people can hear me just fine, but on my end it sounds like they had their hands over their mouth. Know what I mean? I tried lots of different calls, and it's always the same. My previous Honda sounded very clear. So my question is, how much improvement did you get in phone call quality on your end? Do calls sound alot clearer, or close to the same? Thanks.

Also, I wonder if I could achieve my goal with just changing out the front door speakers for some good replacements? But I don't think the speakers are the issue, because the USB music sounds awesome and clear through them. I'm not sure though.
I have had zero issues with calling in this car. I would take it to your dealership and let them fix the issue under your warranty.
Sponsored

i10v3am7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic coupe lx
I have had zero issues with calling in this car. I would take it to your dealership and let them fix the issue under your warranty.
It works fine though, it's just the sound quality. I tested 2 other LX models, and it sounded the same. Honda's new settings must just suck or something. My previous Honda's had very clear sound. It's nothing they can fix, it's just how this new unit is made. Other people might think it sounds ok, but it is definitely worse than my previous Honda's.

edwardtory5pr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 LX
Im install my look really good all work. Exect the back up cam I cant figure the wire that give the signal

josiah786

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6spMT 2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Hate to revive this but I'm doing an install on my LX (kenwood ddx9903s) and I'm interested in keeping my stock mic. Do you remember how you connected the pins on the mini jack side? I've got the extra wires in pins 6, 22, and 23 like your picture showed and not sure how to solder it to the mini jack connector.

boston_george

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Hatch Sport, 91 Crx Si , 94 Del Sol Vtec
Country flag
Hi Everyone, have a general question regarding illumination dimming... I always drive with my headlights on, and in this thread it was suggested to run a wire from the taillight to trigger the illumination dimming. Based on my habits (with always having my headlights on while driving), my radio would always have dimming active... I was wondering if anyone knows or has looked into using the factory dimmer sensor that is mounted in the center of the dash next to the windshield? If that was used, the dimming functionality would work like OEM, where dimming would only trigger if it's actually dark... Thanks in advance.

boston_george

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Hatch Sport, 91 Crx Si , 94 Del Sol Vtec
Country flag
Thanks CBMCIVIC for this writeup. I knew when I bought mt 2017 Sport Hatch, that the headunit would be the first thing to go. Your detailed instructions and the specifics you added regarding wiring the factory phone mic were spot on. Everything works great, and I also ran into the issue of the steering wheel control not auto programming, but after about 20 minutes of progtamming, all controls work. Thanks again
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic LX Kenwood Audio Receiver Install 20161217_213422

spanky34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Everyone, have a general question regarding illumination dimming... I always drive with my headlights on, and in this thread it was suggested to run a wire from the taillight to trigger the illumination dimming. Based on my habits (with always having my headlights on while driving), my radio would always have dimming active... I was wondering if anyone knows or has looked into using the factory dimmer sensor that is mounted in the center of the dash next to the windshield? If that was used, the dimming functionality would work like OEM, where dimming would only trigger if it's actually dark... Thanks in advance.
Reviving this.. Did you figure this one out ?

thump3r22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic hatchback Lx CVT
Country flag
i want to know if the 3 backup camera multi view angles still work??

thump3r22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic hatchback Lx CVT
Country flag
can i get some install info on the aswc-1? do i use the 3.5mm mic input from it? i want to keep my factory mic.

Tonarinojim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i want to know if the 3 backup camera multi view angles still work??
I installed a pioneer nex 4200. Love it but only have one view on the camera and it's a little wonky. If anyone found a way to maintain all three views I'd be super interested. Also is there anyway to adjust the stock camera manually?

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic LX Kenwood Audio Receiver Install IMG_2667.JPG

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
I'm almost certain that the three views are generated by the headunit itself. There's nothing in the wiring diagrams showing any sort of signal wire running back to the camera to tell it which view to send. Plus if you look at the edges of two of the views, you can see where it's distorted. So I think the factory headunit just warps the image to give two of the views.

Tonarinojim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm almost certain that the three views are generated by the headunit itself. There's nothing in the wiring diagrams showing any sort of signal wire running back to the camera to tell it which view to send. Plus if you look at the edges of two of the views, you can see where it's distorted. So I think the factory headunit just warps the image to give two of the views.
Thanks Josby.
I got the reverse lights hooked up to the head unit and it magically looks a lot better, and my guide lines showed up. Go figure.

RocketsAllDay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport | 2006 Saabaru
The different views are generated by the camera itself. When the camera receives a signal on the CAMERA_BIT0 or CAMERA_BIT1 lines from the factory harness, it modifies the signal. It's not a 12V signal, though. I think it's like 4V. With no signal on either, you get the normal view.

Daneko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback - Sport
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic LX Kenwood Audio Receiver Install 84w9Sgx

This thread has been immensely helpful thanks for all the info you posted @CBMCIVIC, I'm just about done prewiring most of the connections. Will be done installing the Sony XAV-AX100 probably by the end of this week.

All that's left is going to be grounding the parking brake wire, connecting the illumination wire to the rear brake lights, and connecting the reverse wire to the reverse lights.

Does anyone know which wires in the back lights are the positive connection (if they're color coded)? Would save me from tapping both. Also shoutout to @Tonarinojim and @spanky34 for helping me out over PM.
Sponsored