2016 Civic LX Kenwood Audio Receiver Install

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
So there's two brown and two yellow wires on the RR Speaker. Are both of the yellow positive and both of the brown negative?
Sponsored

Deleted member 3091

So do you have to have the adapter for the controls on the steering wheel if you have the metro wiring harness 70 1731 for it to work? I don't want to buy another adapter if I don't have to

Deleted member 3091

So do you have to have the adapter for the controls on the steering wheel if you have the metro wiring harness 70 1731 for it to work? I don't want to buy another adapter if I don't have to
When someone has a chance, can someone answer my question about this? It would be very helpful. Thank you.

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When someone has a chance, can someone answer my question about this? It would be very helpful. Thank you.
Sorry, didn't even see it. Yes, there is a separate harness for the steering wheel controls. I can't remember the number though.

OP
OP

CBMCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
COSMIC BLUE METALLIC CIVIC
Can this play DVDs while in motion? Just curious. My son would get a kick out watching Beavis & Butthead in the car.
Yes it can if you wire it correctly, however it likely would not be safe

OP
OP

CBMCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You should be good, those things are pretty universal. Your only talking 0.05" anyway. Might be a slightly snugger fit is all.
The 6.95 is the size of just my screen. The actual face is 7'

OP
OP

CBMCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, didn't even see it. Yes, there is a separate harness for the steering wheel controls. I can't remember the number though.
The harness that I purchased from quality mobile video had the steering wheel control harness prewired. You still have to buy the aswc-1

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes it can if you wire it correctly, however it likely would not be safe
Oh, I wouldn't be watching it, but it would help keep my son occupied on the 1 hour drive to his Grandpa's house.

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The harness that I purchased from quality mobile video had the steering wheel control harness prewired. You still have to buy the aswc-1
That's it, that's what I was trying to think of. Thanks.

OP
OP

CBMCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you still use the feature where you hit the button on the steering wheel and say a name to make a call?
Yes, the phone control buttons work as well. Remember, though if you want to use the factory microphone like me, remember to wire the extra pins like I did

Last edited:

Deleted member 3091

I am going to have it installed by a professional at Custom Sounds here in Missouri. I have taken my car up there to get the windows done and they did a great job in the past.

I have the Pioneer 41000 NEX, Metra 95-7812B Faceplate, AXXESS ASWC-1, Metra 70-1731 Harness, Metra 40-HD11 Antenna Adapter.

It will be installed on 7/21/2016. Wish Me and the installers luck! :)

Deleted member 3091

I am going to have it installed by a professional at Custom Sounds here in Missouri. I have taken my car up there to get the windows done and they did a great job in the past.

I have the Pioneer 41000 NEX, Metra 95-7812B Faceplate, AXXESS ASWC-1, Metra 70-1731 Harness, Metra 40-HD11 Antenna Adapter.

Well the professionals did a good job getting the radio working correctly including the controls for the up, down, left right and source. The only problem I had trouble with is that the dash kit has to be modified in order to take the face off and put it back on correctly. So the guy at custom sounds is working on doing that for me since I ordered a 2nd dash kit on accident anyways.

Other than that they had to flash the steering wheel controller a few times to get it to start working correctly. Everything works well including Apple car play!

Love it!!!

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic LX Kenwood Audio Receiver Install radio

Tama74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger, Civic, Xterra
Well the professionals did a good job getting the radio working correctly including the controls for the up, down, left right and source. The only problem I had trouble with is that the dash kit has to be modified in order to take the face off and put it back on correctly. So the guy at custom sounds is working on doing that for me since I ordered a 2nd dash kit on accident anyways.

Other than that they had to flash the steering wheel controller a few times to get it to start working correctly. Everything works well including Apple car play!

Love it!!!

radio.jpg
Modifying the dash kit for the Pioneer radios is super common. It has to do with how the motorized screen opens. It first goes up then out and the little slide (button? switch?) you have to move to take out the faceplate almost always gets caught on dashes. Also the radio looks like its sitting back in the kit in your picture. I havent done a radio yet in the new civics so I can say how easy it is to modify the kit (I think it should be simple, just a little dremel work around the inside edges) at least thats how it has been on any of the kits with pioneer radios Ive done so far.

Tama74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger, Civic, Xterra
Also, name brand radios are universal sizes. If its a double din radio (the full size radio with a screen) then they will have the same outside dimensions. The differences between radio sizes will be with how far forward or how far back they "sit" some radios have screens that stick out maybe 1/4"-1"2" so they are easy to make them sit flush in a mounting kit. But some radios (pioneer mostly) have radios that have screens that are almost flush with the body of the radio so they tend to sit back when mounted in a dash kit.

As far as powering the backup camera with a "switch" to turn it on while driving be very careful. You dont want to turn on your reverse lights too. You would need to find the wire that actually powers the camera (idk if the camera gets acc power or only gets power when in reverse, I havent worked on the new civics yet) and only turn on the camera. Also be sure it takes 12v to power the camera. Some new cars (mostly toyotas, im not sure with hondas) take 6v to turn on the camera itself.

And please people dont bypass the parking brake on aftermarket radios. Its against the law almost everywhere for a video to be playing while in view of the driver. you could get a ticket or worse, cause an accident.

i10v3am7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic coupe lx
I have a question. I might change my stocker out for an aftermarket, but I need to know this first. The ONLY reason I wanna change it, is to improve the phone call quality. The radio part is fine to me, no more than I listen to music anyway. During calls, people can hear me just fine, but on my end it sounds like they had their hands over their mouth. Know what I mean? I tried lots of different calls, and it's always the same. My previous Honda sounded very clear. So my question is, how much improvement did you get in phone call quality on your end? Do calls sound alot clearer, or close to the same? Thanks.

Also, I wonder if I could achieve my goal with just changing out the front door speakers for some good replacements? But I don't think the speakers are the issue, because the USB music sounds awesome and clear through them. I'm not sure though.
Sponsored

Last edited: