First Name
Ravitheja
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Ex-T
Country flag
Hello,

I recently got my LKAS system recalibrated because i had a windshield replacement. But after the recalibration, the LKAS did not work. So i took it back in to the service and they said they would take another look. They tried some dynamic calibration and now even features like ACC, AEB, collision mitigation are also disabled along with LKAS. I wasn't told that all these systems would also be disabled if the calibration didn't work. Now I am out of money as well as out of features and that is very frustrating. The service guys are saying the only way to fix it is to get OEM windshield and then recalibrate again. I want to know if anything else could be done before going for another windshield replacement as that is going to cost me a lot. Any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Thank You
Sponsored

Jmillerohio

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R Champion White
Country flag
I work for a Honda dealer and unfortunately No...aftermarket windshields do not calibrate properly. We have dealt with this for years. Install an OEM and it will fix your issue. Don't know why this is the case but has always worked. Let your insurance know and Honda even has information available via TSB that aftermarket windshields may cause this issue.

OP
OP

dsravitheja

First Name
Ravitheja
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Ex-T
Country flag
I work for a Honda dealer and unfortunately No...aftermarket windshields do not calibrate properly. We have dealt with this for years. Install an OEM and it will fix your issue. Don't know why this is the case but has always worked. Let your insurance know and Honda even has information available via TSB that aftermarket windshields may cause this issue.
Damn.
I knew after market would cause issues and that is why i didn't want to get it recalibrated at all. have been driving without that for months. I would have been happy if the dealer had told me that reason and not did anything. What caught me off guard was, they went ahead and did something, even after they knew mine was aftermarket glass and they didn't warn me about other systems getting disabled. Especially i didn't understand why camera system issue would knock of cruise control, which is radar based. That is just some bad engineering. both systems should be independent. there should be some kind of fall back i assumed

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
This is not a fun exercise and needs to be done by professionals. My car got stuck at a body shop for over 2 weeks cause they couldn’t get the Honda sensing properly. Go to your Honda dealer.

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
x2. OEM Honda glass only. After trying to calibrate my first aftermarket windshield and fighting the HDS I always check for OE glass now. We still get body shops that screw it up from time to time.
Sponsored