2016+ Civic Led Projector Headlight from TRS

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue '18 Si Coupe (Toy), White Orchid Pearl '16 Accord Touring V6 Coupe (Daily)
Country flag
Can't wait to see night shots!
Solid cut off line, unfortunately the passenger headlight aiming tool doesnt work so is a bit lower than the adjusted driver side. Bright light tho and that cut off line is crazy.

IMO these headlights are for aesthetics only. I plan to retrofit my oem headlights now.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016+ Civic Led Projector Headlight from TRS 1945849E-C4CA-4726-AFC1-8D94362A65F9

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016+ Civic Led Projector Headlight from TRS 69586B09-8698-4573-A5E0-01B5D30A3DAC

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue '18 Si Coupe (Toy), White Orchid Pearl '16 Accord Touring V6 Coupe (Daily)
Country flag
Besides the passenger headlight not able to aim higher everything works solid.

The sequential turn signals have broke a few necks on the road :)

63blackseries

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
Besides the passenger headlight not able to aim higher everything works solid.

The sequential turn signals have broke a few necks on the road :)
I think i am going to pull the trigger on this now

kvnhmmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
Solid cut off line, unfortunately the passenger headlight aiming tool doesnt work so is a bit lower than the adjusted driver side. Bright light tho and that cut off line is crazy.

IMO these headlights are for aesthetics only. I plan to retrofit my oem headlights now.
Are you going to RMA the side with the broken adjuster?

So far I've seen the issue with your adjuster, as well as an issue with the DRL not working correctly. This is pushing me away from buying these jewel eye headlights. I'd also hate to spend $1,300 on headlights and have them perform less than the 4 Morimoto H1 retrofits that I've done in the past. I live in an area surrounded by forests and deer. Well performing headlights take priority over aesthetics in my case.

Since I have a Touring, it's going to be much more costly to retrofit Morimoto H1 projectors, but I think that's the route I'll take. Disappointed to lose the Touring's LED turn signal bar though.

63blackseries

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
I just ordered them hopefully they come without problems, i mean that's how it should be right?? Also got the morimoto fogs.

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Are you going to RMA the side with the broken adjuster?

So far I've seen the issue with your adjuster, as well as an issue with the DRL not working correctly. This is pushing me away from buying these jewel eye headlights. I'd also hate to spend $1,300 on headlights and have them perform less than the 4 Morimoto H1 retrofits that I've done in the past. I live in an area surrounded by forests and deer. Well performing headlights take priority over aesthetics in my case.

Since I have a Touring, it's going to be much more costly to retrofit Morimoto H1 projectors, but I think that's the route I'll take. Disappointed to lose the Touring's LED turn signal bar though.
Yup going to RMA passenger headlight once holidays are over since TRS seems to be short staffed. i literally have two headlights aimed to the ground. its annoying me a lot.

if performing headlights takes priority over aesthetics, i dont think these are the lights for you.

mcbacon

First Name
Vinney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX w/Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dang. Well thanks for keeping us posted. There's a group of us here anxious to see how these headlights perform.

I just finished installing MH1 7.0s in my wife's Ford Explorer (3rd time performing an MH1 retro) and they are beautiful. So I'm torn between whether to purchase these Morimoto LED housings for my Touring, or trade them for OEM halogen projector housings and perform a 4th retro. Love the aesthetics of the Touring lights, especially the turn signals but not the beam pattern. Tired of getting flashed.
I'd be quite happy to swap with you for a pair of OEM halogens off my 2016 LX if you're still interested and pay shipping. I'll eventually be performing a retrofit but that's not in the cards with a newborn!

mcbacon

First Name
Vinney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX w/Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Apparently, it's not that big of a stretch to get the MD2S projectors in there. It takes modifying the adapter bracket slightly, but they're a 2.5" like our halogens and the MH1 and then you have the plethora of D2S bulbs at your disposal. Once I do my full retro, it'll probably be with the MD2S 5.0, Denso or Matsushita ballasts, and Osram CBIs.

FK7Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Apparently, it's not that big of a stretch to get the MD2S projectors in there. It takes modifying the adapter bracket slightly, but they're a 2.5" like our halogens and the MH1 and then you have the plethora of D2S bulbs at your disposal. Once I do my full retro, it'll probably be with the MD2S 5.0, Denso or Matsushita ballasts, and Osram CBIs.
The md2s is a 3" projector you'll have to modify the shroud aswell. The bracket is made for the mh1 which has a different mounting pattern than the md2s

kvnhmmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
I'd be more interested in retrofitting the D2S 5.0 over the MH1 7.0 are the D2S 5.0 also a simple modification of the retro-quick adapter? Similar to the MH1?

The md2s is a 3" projector you'll have to modify the shroud aswell. The bracket is made for the mh1 which has a different mounting pattern than the md2s
Unfortunately guys, the Civic Touring model doesn't have halogen projectors. They use an LED array with reflectors. So I'd have to swap the Touring's headlights for the halogen projector housings found on the other trim levels.

I'd be quite happy to swap with you for a pair of OEM halogens off my 2016 LX if you're still interested and pay shipping. I'll eventually be performing a retrofit but that's not in the cards with a newborn!
I think I'll be interested in doing this towards the end of 2019. We'd both have to find adapters since the LED housings and Halogen Housings use different connectors.

mcbacon

First Name
Vinney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX w/Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd be more interested in retrofitting the D2S 5.0 over the MH1 7.0 are the D2S 5.0 also a simple modification of the retro-quick adapter? Similar to the MH1?
/
Unfortunately guys, the Civic Touring model doesn't have halogen projectors. They use an LED array with reflectors. So I'd have to swap the Touring's headlights for the halogen projector housings found on the other trim levels.
/
I think I'll be interested in doing this towards the end of 2019. We'd both have to find adapters since the LED housings and Halogen Housings use different connectors.
Looks like I was wrong. The MD2S is 3" now, which would lead to needing to modify the headlight slightly to get things to fit.

According to HIDPlanet, the only aftermarket 2.5" are the 4TL-R and FX-R 3.0, both available on TRS and Lightwerkz. Both are good projectors from what I know.

Comparing the 4TL-R and the MH1 7.0, I kind of prefer the MH1 for a drop-in. The 4TL-R seems like it would have a massive foreground and the MH1 has more width. Note image is negative to easier compare the entire beam. The highs are similar (there wasn't a 4TL-R high shot but it's based on the MD2S 3.0, just scaled down 0.5" so I'd imagine the huge high beam hotspot shrinks slightly).

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016+ Civic Led Projector Headlight from TRS upload_2018-12-27_17-14-11

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016+ Civic Led Projector Headlight from TRS upload_2018-12-27_17-17-21

Wiring harnesses to convert from the halogens to the LEDs can be bought premade, but for the price, I'd rather find the pinouts and make my own! Hell, if I was swapping permanently, I'd just repin my harness.

http://hardtopguy.com/store/2016-20...ng-only-.html#product-details-tab-description

Until I gather some more funds, I'm just going to H9 swap my low beams for now for a cheap, easy, large increase in light. They'll come in tomorrow and I'll take some pics if anyone is interested. Less than $20 ordered through Amazon. I picked up my X on the 24th and noticed quickly that the stock H11s are crap.

By the way, have y'all heard of a group called Headlight Junkies on Facebook?

Pics found here:

https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/fo...381230-the-hyyuge-projector-full-beam-gallery

mcbacon

First Name
Vinney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX w/Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good catch on the projector size. It's been a while since I looked at them and was going for memory. Thanks!

The bracket is slightly different, but I imagine you should be able to modify it. Also, with the proliferation of 3D printers, finding someone to make one shouldn't be difficult either. A lot of Maker's Spaces have them as well.

Please excuse my crappy finger writing on my Surface.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016+ Civic Led Projector Headlight from TRS mh17

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016+ Civic Led Projector Headlight from TRS md2s5_LI (2)

Last edited:

mcbacon

First Name
Vinney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX w/Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ll try to get some output shots later, though it’s hard to get a true representation of it through photos. I’ve been very pleased with the output so far. Sharp cutoff line. I don’t have a Touring so these were definitely an upgrade. Those light saber squirrel finders aren’t as noticeable in person, I think the photos exaggerated them. You can only really notice them when, let’s say, you park right up to a wall.
Any chance you get get some front shots from in another car (or at the same level) to see if the squirrel finders create glare for oncoming drivers?
Sponsored