2016 Civic interior rattle videos

Dead Pool1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (Black on Black)
Ive

2 and a half minute cold start night drive.

Interior rattle between 1500 and 2000 rpm and going over slight to rough pavement.
Seems like its coming from behind of the instrumentation panel or behind the center screen, or behind the steering wheel. Definetly somewhere in those area.

I JUST WANT TO BREAK APART MY DASH AND FIND THIS DAMN RATTLE!!!
got to say that sounds like crap. My touring does not have this sound nor would I feel comfortable with it. Keep posting.
Sponsored

hondasevilmonkey

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
*may need to raise the volume. Recorded on a iphone

Currently 740ish miles on the car.

Hey guys i know there is already a thread on the interior rattle issue but I just wanted to share some videos of the rattle for those who are having the same issue.

*notice im continously reving between 1000-2000 rpm to produce the rattling noise.

I have a appointment with my honda dealer this friday to resolve this issue. I'm going to bring up some of the potential solutions I saw on this forum.

Also as soons as I get a video of the notorious start up grinding noise im going to show them that as well.

Again sorry if some of you guys are annoyed of new threads with the same topic. Just wanted to share.
Don't be suprised if Honda fixes your issues with court-proof excuse. It's called "It's just the characteristics of the car" (aka. "It is what it is now f**k off") and Honda has fixing issues with this excuse for years now. They fixed my issues with it. Wonder if they will fix yours with it too....lol. Oh and don't bother fighting that new Honda fix...you will lose. It's been tried and tested true in courts. Just thought you'd know.

WOPcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I have a rattle similar to these while driving as well, try reaching your hand in under your steering wheel at the very bottom and shift the cables around a bit. That temporarily fixes my problem at least, maybe it could help too.

Civicx2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
these are both driver side floor vent rattles try pushing or pulling on it with your right hand one you figure out where it is it goes away the pipe rattles all the way to the center dash

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i have a noise from the dashboard trim left of steering wheel on cold days,it stops if i press on it but comes back soon. i will fix it when i have time, its just the thin silver part of the profile that vibrates against the other piece

NooKieBoY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage, 2017 Honda Civic EX
I'm hearing the exact same thing when pressing the gas pedal and accelerating, hope to get more information if yours was fixed. Thanks!

FK7_VAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Have this exact same noise and even have videos. Usually does it when accelerating even if I rev the car a bit while I'm stopped.
Took it to the dealer for this and because it vibrates a bit on idle and they did nothing about it since they couldn't duplicate it.

First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Got it! I had the same buzzing noise happening in my 2016 EX for about a year now. The hum sounded like it was coming from the center pillar. It would happen between 1700 and 1800 in drive and I could get it to do it around 2700 in park. Took it to Honda 3 times and they said it was because of a pair of glasses sitting in the center console… Well, no that wasn’t the issue. Anyway, it was the bracket for the shift cable underneath the car that vibrated against the floor making it sound like it came from inside. The bracket is directly below the center column. I had to pull the plastic shield and the heat shield to get to it. When I found the bracket, it was missing a nut at the U-shaped end of it. I added a nut for the bolt there. The cable has rubber insulation where the clamp is supposed to hold it. However, there is no insulation for the small metal piece in between. I taped that part up a little in case somehow the clamp shifted. Also, the clamp part of it that holds the cable has nothing holding it tight yet there’s clearly a spot to add something, so I found a short bolt and nut I had laying around. Put all the shields back up nice and tight and I haven’t had a problem since. I fixed it about a week ago and I haven’t heard anything. Hope this helps someone out there!
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic interior rattle videos shift cable bracket 2
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic interior rattle videos shift cable bracket

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A pillars-----> stick a namecard between pillar and dash----->done until next service
Sponsored