2016 Civic EXT Liquid Wrapped

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
Yayyyyy! Like minds make a happy home! If you do it, post a billion pics so we can see all of the color shifts. :spaz:
will do..The current plan drop of my car on the 14th..I changed the original color to something else..Figure if going do it might as well do it up..Lol..Oh well I know I like the color or colors I chose..so that's all that matters..:p:D:rolleyes::cool:;)
Sponsored

Civic_Honey627

Can't hide from the cops in this one!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe Energy Green!!!
Country flag
will do..The current plan drop of my car on the 14th..I changed the original color to something else..Figure if going do it might as well do it up..Lol..Oh well I know I like the color or colors I chose..so that's all that matters..:p:D:rolleyes::cool:;)
This is so exciting! Lol Congratulations :spaz:

Hondadude88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
The basis of it is to protect the original paint and be able to change your car color to anything pretty much under the sun.. I had to do research about it because there are several different types of "wraps" some of them more durable than others. Autoflex, which is what I plan on doing is the most durable you can get and mimics oem paint. For some, the beauty in it is that you can change the wrap whenever you want. However that is not something I will do. Meaning I'm not going to keep paying to rip it off and do another wrap..Ha no that's for peeps who can do this themselves or have no end of money.. One time is all I'm doing and can go back to the original paint whenever. Autoflex is the way liquid wrapping is going. It's quite interesting when you research it. Autoflex when done properly looks like oem paint. I've seen it in person, I was blown away. I understand your skepticism though. I think the same when peeps go out and spend a lot of money doing superchargers and so on and so on..Seems crazy to me since speed limit is 70-75mph..Just something fun and different. Besides, Skittles will always be green.:D;)
Good point. What's the difference if you add a performance mod or a wrap. Changing your color, while protecting your car is a added bonus. Sure your civic will look great regardless. :thumbsup:

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Good point. What's the difference if you add a performance mod or a wrap. Changing your color, while protecting your car is a added bonus. Sure your civic will look great regardless. :thumbsup:
TY:D:)

tcl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T SOLD June 2016
Vehicle Showcase
This is a dangerous thread. Now I'm thinking about doing it. Almost every time I find what I think is the best car for my needs it's never offered in a color that really appeals to me. The Autoflex product looks more practical than repainting a new car. I need to get more information about how touch ups are done and whether they can be done by the consumer before going with it.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would imagine you cannot touch up AutoFlex, but don't take my word for it. I have no experience with AutoFlex.

I can tell you that dip will not chip like paint tho. I've taken a really good size rock to my hood and it didn't even leave a mark.

Reactions: tcl

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is a dangerous thread. Now I'm thinking about doing it. Almost every time I find what I think is the best car for my needs it's never offered in a color that really appeals to me. The Autoflex product looks more practical than repainting a new car. I need to get more information about how touch ups are done and whether they can be done by the consumer before going with it.
Lol....yeep...and I thought the only other cosmetic mod was going to do was a body kit of some sort..Lol..:p:banned:

Civic_Honey627

Can't hide from the cops in this one!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe Energy Green!!!
Country flag
Lol....yeep...and I thought the only other cosmetic mod was going to do was a body kit of some sort..Lol..:p:banned:
You're my she-ro.....you know that right???? Lol

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
I was thinking of wrapping mine in a 3M vinyl wrap. I have been reading up on this autoflex stuff. It seems pretty cool might go that route. What do you guys think? 3M vinyl or AutoFlex? i am new to this kind of stuff so what are some pro's and con's of each and do i have to call my insurance and registration now that the vehicle is a diff color?

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
AutoFlex hands down. 3M vinyl is good, but it will develop swirls and scratches over time. Autoflex is buffable.

Second reason I'd go with Autoflex is you have near limitless color options. There is some things that vinyl can do that dip can't do, but it's almost strictly chromes and holographic effects.

Price for both is very similar also.

As for insurance companies... You would only have to let them know if you plan to have your Dip/Wrap insured. Otherwise, they couldn't care less.

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok...Just dropped off Skittles at CB3 Customs....Next time I see her she'll be a new girl:p:rolleyes::D

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag