First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We put 2 gallons on a CRZ.. seemed like enough product for such a small car. We did it before winter and it was on until 90degree hot summer days. Fonzee at DipyourCar.com makes it look way too easy. Haha Its a learning process. They make a dip desolver but we never tried it. Our biggest learning curve was the peal when wet spots.
2 gallons definitely wasn't enough dip. You want a minimum of 6 full wet coats of dip.

Fonzie definitely makes it easy, but it wasn't until recently that he actually got good at spraying. Until he started selling AutoFlex, his spray technique was pretty bad. BUT it was plenty good enough to spray dip. There is definitely a learning curve, but it's not hard. Especially if you're just shooting a flat color, no pearls or pigments. One way you can fix texture is to fill your spray gun with naptha and give your car a light coat of naptha on your second to last coat. This will help level out the dip so the last layer goes on really smooth. My dip doesn't look like paint from 1ft away, but it looks pretty good. You're not going to have zero texture with dip unless you're spraying AutoFlex.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EXT Liquid Wrapped {filename}
Sponsored

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Civicgal's dip job looks absolutely fantastic. It looks like there is no texture at all. I hope my next dip job comes out half this nice.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EXT Liquid Wrapped 20160715_171405-

OP
OP
CivicGal23

CivicGal23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXT
Vehicle Showcase
I thought wrapping was different from plastidip? I would only wrap because I thought that was more durable than plastidip.

Anything you can spray on (Plasti-dip or Halo EFX) is essentially called "liquid wrapping". Halo EFX is actually different than Plasti-dip in that they are different formulas and brands. HEFX also gives off a different feel, but essentially serves the same purpose in being a peal-able and workable medium for pearls, flakes, etc. Halo EFX is a bit more expensive, but it was also my only option that CB3 said they could do because of the weather. They let me know they couldn't shoot dip on any of the cars while the weather was both hot and humid as we've been having 100+ degree weather here in Texas, and that they could only shoot Halo EFX which can be shot and cures in any temp weather. All of this stuff was new to me too, which required me to do a lot of research once I contacted CB3. They thoroughly informed me of all the types of removable paints and coatings and the options for what I wanted. For Plasti-dip, high humidity can alter the way the dip cures; it can get cloudy or it can partially dry as it comes out of the nozzle leaving a gritty texture. Halo EFX also doesn't have a matte finish clear like PDS (plasti-dip spray) as their "Halo EFX Real Clear" already comes as a mix of gloss & matte giving a satin finish as with PDS, you would need to mix the two (pds clear & pds glossifier) to get the satin finish. The shiny & reflective/'like real paint' feel that you were mentioning would either be achieved through AutoFlex or its counterpart/competition Halo EFX's "True Gloss" product.

I think what's awesome though about all of this stuff is that it's 100% removable and makes any car its own unique entity (if you will).
Nonetheless, thanks so much for everyone's input, especially Snoopy! You guys are awesome!

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ya, Autoflex is on an entirely different level. I would love to take a stab at spraying that stuff, but without a paint booth I'm sure it wouldn't come out great. That pearl is like $175/25 grams. My pearl was $30/25 grams haha

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
Ya, Autoflex is on an entirely different level. I would love to take a stab at spraying that stuff, but without a paint booth I'm sure it wouldn't come out great. That pearl is like $175/25 grams. My pearl was $30/25 grams haha
If I do it I want the Autoflex..really thinking about doing it..but this one is for a car $2,500...So I may just do a color like this on the Halycon 370Z..something a little cheaper..Lol

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EXT Liquid Wrapped FB_IMG_1469790380720

Last edited:

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok I'm seriously considering a wrap..Hardest part besides forking over the money is finding a color out of sooo many endless choices...But I think I know now...:D:rolleyes:..
Thanks for all the info.Civicgal23!!

Hondadude88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Ok I'm seriously considering a wrap..Hardest part besides forking over the money is finding a color out of sooo many endless choices...But I think I know now...:D:rolleyes:..
No offense but why would you wrap your car? The green is awesome!! and looks super good, especially with the black rims!! Plus what if it doesn't peel the right way, which is a possibility. Don't wanna mess up the cars true beauty. Personally I beleive your car looks better then these "wrapped" ones. :love:

Civic_Honey627

Can't hide from the cops in this one!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe Energy Green!!!
Country flag
I'm all about promoting plastidip!

I just watched the above video last night and it's cool but there's a purple one that turns bronzy orange...do you know what it's called????

Civic_Honey627

Can't hide from the cops in this one!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe Energy Green!!!
Country flag
I contacted a place this morning and was quoted $2500 for a gloss finish, $1350 for semi-gloss and $1200 for matte. :doh:

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No offense but why would you wrap your car? The green is awesome!! and looks super good, especially with the black rims!! Plus what if it doesn't peel the right way, which is a possibility. Don't wanna mess up the cars true beauty. Personally I beleive your car looks better then these "wrapped" ones. :love:
Well to ptotect the paint
To protect the paint..like fact doesnt sratch..chip...plus just something different and for fun...Thank you for the compliments

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just watched the above video last night and it's cool but there's a purple one that turns bronzy orange...do you know what it's called????
ZTN Hypershift has a lot of colors in it. Also Dipspade Invictus has a purple > bronze shift. Both of these colors have way more than purple/bronze in them tho. Greens, yellows, golds, reds, oranges. They are insanely expensive also. I wouldn't want to use one of those pearls in plasti-dip to be honest. That level of pearl should be reserved for Auto-flex or real paint jobs.
Sponsored