First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you so much for the feedback! The front faux vents they left flat black which contrasts well in the sun, but the rear ones were sprayed over with the pearl. I thought about that as well and thought it maybe look weird on the stock rims. I'll definitely think about saving up for non-stock wheels in the future, but for now I like that it's at least somewhat protecting the OEM units. I have a really long highway commute to and from work, so this gave me a peace of mind in protecting the OEM paint. Thank you for your input!
I think your stock rims look really good, and I hate the stock EX-T wheels. I got my wheels off ebay for $440 shipped. I bought the same size so I could still use the stock tires. eBay seller http://stores.ebay.com/intense7674/ if you wanna check out what he has. The quality is excellent!

I dipped my car mostly for the protection on my 110 mile round trip work commute as well.
Sponsored

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This looks amazing! How long does this last for??
With proper care I've heard as long as 3 years. I've seen people power wash and use all kinds of car care products on it.

I personally have not power washed mine yet (I will this winter) and I only use products that are intended for plasti-dip. I don't want to use something that will cause the dip to become brittle and not peel down the road.

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
With proper care I've heard as long as 3 years. I've seen people power wash and use all kinds of car care products on it.

I personally have not power washed mine yet (I will this winter) and I only use products that are intended for plasti-dip. I don't want to use something that will cause the dip to become brittle and not peel down the road.
Does it matter if a wrapped car is out in the sun all day..How does it hold up with hail and ice?? All these elements happen where I live.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does it matter if a wrapped car is out in the sun all day..How does it hold up with hail and ice?? All these elements happen where I live.
I'll let you know after this winter. I'm going to be dipping my WRX in a matte color before this winter also. I plan to peel that in the spring so I can experience peeling the car. My Civic is going to remain dipped as long as possible. So far it's extremely durable. I took a pretty good size rock to the hood on my Civic a bit ago, didn't even leave a mark.

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'll let you know after this winter. I'm going to be dipping my WRX in a matte color before this winter also. I plan to peel that in the spring so I can experience peeling the car. My Civic is going to remain dipped as long as possible. So far it's extremely durable. I took a pretty good size rock to the hood on my Civic a bit ago, didn't even leave a mark.
cool..I maybe interested in doing it..Hmmmm... I like the shiny wraps..

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I plastidipped my son's crz and sure it looks good from a distance but up close it looks not good. And when we peeled it after 8 months it wouldn't peel much. So we had to use 5 bottles of goo gone to remove it and it took 2-3weeks to get it all off.. never again. Lol plastidip sucks. I would rather change the color in a quality way like paint.

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I thought wrapping was different from plastidip? I would only wrap because I thought that was more durable than plastidip.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I plastidipped my son's crz and sure it looks good from a distance but up close it looks not good. And when we peeled it after 8 months it wouldn't peel much. So we had to use 5 bottles of goo gone to remove it and it took 2-3weeks to get it all off.. never again. Lol plastidip sucks. I would rather change the color in a quality way like paint.
Sounds like you didn't put enough layers on. How many layers did you do? What was the paint surface you dipped over like?
I thought wrapping was different from plastidip? I would only wrap because I thought that was more durable than plastidip.
Liquid wrap is the same as plastidip. "Wrapping" is usually referring to vinyl wrapping.

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like you didn't put enough layers on. How many layers did you do? What was the paint surface you dipped over like?

Liquid wrap is the same as plastidip. "Wrapping" is usually referring to vinyl wrapping.
Ahhh gottcha...Confusing..I was thinking vinyl wrap then..I really don't know anything about this stuff really..Lol

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We put 2 gallons on a CRZ.. seemed like enough product for such a small car. We did it before winter and it was on until 90degree hot summer days. Fonzee at DipyourCar.com makes it look way too easy. Haha Its a learning process. They make a dip desolver but we never tried it. Our biggest learning curve was the peal when wet spots.
Sponsored

Last edited: