2016 Civic EX-T vs 2016 Camry SE (Special Ed) vs Mustang Ecoboost (A/T)

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
Yeah I really liked the fact that the new WRX comes in a CVT. I might be the only one buy I can't nor want to drive a stick.
Sponsored

TyBu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Did a back to back test drive today and I am now leaning towards the Civic. Mustang has the power, but it just feels too heavy when you drive it. Civic feels quicker on its feet. Just difficult that I am coming from a Subaru BRZ so the Civic's drive is somewhat still lacking.
I'm gonna guess you drove a Mustang without the sport suspension/tires/wheels. With, it feels like a lighter car than the Civic, even though it obviously isn't. Kinda the problem to me. Once you add that, you're looking at 28.5 MSRP, and at that price range...eehhh...just doesn't feel worth it. I'd rather have a loaded ST or a VW GTI. Or maybe an entry level BMW? I dunno.

OP
OP

damnvicious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
I'm gonna guess you drove a Mustang without the sport suspension/tires/wheels. With, it feels like a lighter car than the Civic, even though it obviously isn't. Kinda the problem to me. Once you add that, you're looking at 28.5 MSRP, and at that price range...eehhh...just doesn't feel worth it. I'd rather have a loaded ST or a VW GTI. Or maybe an entry level BMW? I dunno.
Is this the performance package? Yes, that adds up to around $2K to the car.

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
I love the redesign of the 2016 Mustang.. My fave muscle car. I didn't know that they had an ecoboost before I got my civic.. I'd love the GT but would have to be a second car. It's to costly to use as a daily commuter in a bunch of traffic. That being said I'd really love to know what the premium ecoboost is like.. Hmmmm.. I may wait until the Si comes out and then test an ecoboost and possibly switch.. Only thing on the Si I want one in the color I have now egp or unless the Si is fab ..I'll stick with my egp.. But I am curio about the mustang though!

warrendeath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R 'Hellbat'
Mustang might be heavy, but even the Ecoboost can get to 60 under 6 seconds (I believe it's 5.5). The Civic wished it could do that. The handling in the Mustang is better as well. The interior is nice (but as previously mentioned, the extra goodies are a surplus in the Civic). It really comes down to practicality, money spent, driver's fun, etc. The Mustang might be one of my next cars, actually. The interior is incredible.

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mustang might be heavy, but even the Ecoboost can get to 60 under 6 seconds (I believe it's 5.5). The Civic wished it could do that. The handling in the Mustang is better as well. The interior is nice (but as previously mentioned, the extra goodies are a surplus in the Civic). It really comes down to practicality, money spent, driver's fun, etc. The Mustang might be one of my next cars, actually. The interior is incredible.
Hmmm... I love the new mustang styling, but I think the 0-60 is a lot higher on the Ecoboost. It has 317hp but is a heavy car and yes the interior especially on the premium levels are really nice. I love how the civic turbo is quick and nimble since it is small..I didn't know about the ecoboost before I got my civic. I wish I did would've liked to compare the 2 cars before buying. I'm afraid to check it now..Lol

warrendeath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R 'Hellbat'
Hmmm... I love the new mustang styling, but I think the 0-60 is a lot higher on the Ecoboost. It has 317hp but is a heavy car and yes the interior especially on the premium levels are really nice. I love how the civic turbo is quick and nimble since it is small..I didn't know about the ecoboost before I got my civic. I wish I did would've liked to compare the 2 cars before buying. I'm afraid to check it now..Lol
Double checked, everywhere has it listed as 5.6 seconds. That's awfully quick. My Beemer does 0-60 in 6.4 and feels pretty quick (A LOT quicker than the Civic). Of course, the Stang is a bit heavier than my car, but not by much.

Only bad thing is my Beemer is a lease, and with a new job coming up, I'll be driving waaaaaaay more. A lease won't work, so I might turn it in, and I've been looking at a gallery of cars. The Stang is sitting at the top at the moment.

Civic_Roller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 MR2 Turbo / 15 Ford Mustang Turbo
I currently have a 2015 eco mustang. I am looking to trade it in for an EX-T. I have aftermarket intercooler, exhaust and intake. The car is quick on dry roads, and squirrly on wet. It is a BIG car, and heavy (but about 400lbs lighter than the GT). I have not test driven the Civic yet, but I am sure it will meet my needs. I like the fuel economy and less $$ for insurance. I am sure once Hondata comes out with a tune, it can keep up with the ecoboost. I would also point out that Ford quality sucks. Misaligned panels, loose turbo hose clamps, some people experience oil leaks, and if you are in 5th or 6th gear under 2K rpm and punch it, you can blow the motor.

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I currently have a 2015 eco mustang. I am looking to trade it in for an EX-T. I have aftermarket intercooler, exhaust and intake. The car is quick on dry roads, and squirrly on wet. It is a BIG car, and heavy (but about 400lbs lighter than the GT). I have not test driven the Civic yet, but I am sure it will meet my needs. I like the fuel economy and less $$ for insurance. I am sure once Hondata comes out with a tune, it can keep up with the ecoboost. I would also point out that Ford quality sucks. Misaligned panels, loose turbo hose clamps, some people experience oil leaks, and if you are in 5th or 6th gear under 2K rpm and punch it, you can blow the motor.
Good to know..Thanks.

HMan

AB 1.5T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe EXT
Hi guys. Contemplating buying a car and down to 3 choices. They are all different segments and not really apples to apples but in my opinion, these were the top choices for 3 segments I have been looking at.

Honda Civic has a new, cool design and fun to drive with the turbo (not so much the 2.0). Cheapest of the bunch but only $2000 cheaper than the Camry and $4000 cheaper than the Mustang. Probably will be the least costly to own. Smallest of the cars

Camry seems the best value for money. Good room, good design, great reliability. The most boring drive though and least flashy of the 3 options.

Mustang is one of the cars that I have really been eyeing since I first started being able to drive. The GT was forever out of my price range though and gas would be killer. But now that the new Mustang lineup includes the Ecoboost, it is now within sights. However, it is not as practical vs the Civic given the 2 doors and, basically useless back seats. Civic also has better features.

Car will mostly be used for daily driving whenever I am not travelling to a different location for work. Just me and the fiancee mostly and no kids or plans for kids yet. Would really like your opinions as to what you think I should go with.

Currently leaning towards the Civic but the appeal of the Mustang for $4k more is keeping me from pulling the trigger. Concerned with how resale prices (might sell the car in 2-3 years) and reliability will go. A Civic with a turbo is fairly new territory so not enough data really at this point.
The mustang and Toyota won't hold their value as well. You're right Toyota is boring I had a rental for one I thought I was going to fall asleep from boredom. I was looking at Mustangs the other day actually. You'll pay more in insurance, get less mpg and it weighs about 3600 lbs. vs. 2800 (civic coupe weight). Also, the backseat in a stang is useless. Plus it's a Ford lol.

HMan

AB 1.5T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe EXT
The mustang and Toyota won't hold their value as well. You're right Toyota is boring I had a rental for one I thought I was going to fall asleep from boredom. I was looking at Mustangs the other day actually. You'll pay more in insurance, get less mpg and it weighs about 3600 lbs. vs. 2800 (civic coupe weight). Also, the backseat in a stang is useless. Plus it's a Ford lol.
If you finance the whole car you will be upside down if you only keep the yota or Ford for 2 to 3 years just lease

Tuishimi

Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport, Rally Red, 6 spd manual
Vehicle Showcase
I would say test drive them both. And also, if you want a power boost on the Honda (if you prefer the feel over the Mustang) you can boost your HP and Torque by a significant amount with a $300.00 flash. So spend $2000.00 less, boost the HP if you feel it needs it... it should keep you content.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does the ecoboost Mustang share the engine with the Focus RS? In this case be careful, I heard many RS cracked the engine block due to a design defect.
Apart from that, the Mustang costs over 50K $ here too, so it sounds really good to be able to get it for the same money as a Civic!!!
Sponsored