2016 Civic EX-T Rear bumper diffuser help

ocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag
Yup. I cut the metal myself. Wish I took a better pic but I just have this.

DCBFDFFE-62F6-43FF-8892-A9228EFA6587.jpeg
Oh, okay I am getting them done next week and wasn't sure if it was okay to cut the metal, thank you for the reply!

IggyWiggy

First Name
Iggy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2020 10th gen
Country flag
Hi, does anyone figured out how to connect the wires or which wires should be connected to which plugs. My diffuser light has 3 wires which are black, red, and green.

ocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag
Hi, does anyone figured out how to connect the wires or which wires should be connected to which plugs. My diffuser light has 3 wires which are black, red, and green.
Have a professional install it, I had a local guy do it for me. He told me he drilled a hole to the brake lights and wired it together with those lights.

IggyWiggy

First Name
Iggy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2020 10th gen
Country flag
Have a professional install it, I had a local guy do it for me. He told me he drilled a hole to the brake lights and wired it together with those lights.
Hey man, thank you for your reply but the shops here are still closed due to covid-19. Hopefully I can find someone who can do a home-service. By the way what are the risks if I try to connect the wires to the brake lights by myself?

ocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag
Hey man, thank you for your reply but the shops here are still closed due to covid-19. Hopefully I can find someone who can do a home-service. By the way what are the risks if I try to connect the wires to the brake lights by myself?
Idk if there’s a risk but it looked difficult to me because
I’m actually not sure about the risks, I just didn’t want to try wiring because there isn’t any plugs it was just all bare wires. I looked at a guide but it looked complex so I just took it to the mechanic. this is the only video i found with someone actually installing them. hope it helps.

IggyWiggy

First Name
Iggy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2020 10th gen
Country flag
Idk if there’s a risk but it looked difficult to me because

I’m actually not sure about the risks, I just didn’t want to try wiring because there isn’t any plugs it was just all bare wires. I looked at a guide but it looked complex so I just took it to the mechanic. this is the only video i found with someone actually installing them. hope it helps.
It’s all good man. Your help is very much appreciated. I just want to confirm if it’s possible that I might blow up some fuse if I will do it myself ?. Once again, thank you.

JayOoz

First Name
Zoo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex-T- sedan - 6 speed MT
Country flag
https://www.ebay.com/itm/183260655998

This is the one I purchased, I got it installed and the same day I went to an exhaust shop to have them cut the existing tips that point towards the ground and have them bring a new pipe out to where the diffuser was. They charged me $110 including the exhaust tips and labor, they even painted the mufflers to make it look new! One of the best mods IMO you can do to the older 10th gens that don’t have the hdmi port lol
6BDC9146-0FBC-4714-87A0-E7E7CD9CD9CD.jpeg
Can you show us how to wire the third brake lights?