First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda civic EX-T
Country flag
Hello everyone!

I'm pretty new here but I've been looking into getting started on putting some mods on my 2016 Civic EX-T. From what I understand everyone seems pretty unhappy with the fact that Honda did not put ports for exhaust tips on the rear bumper and instead went with this strange hidden exhaust tips thing. I'm looking to buy an exhaust but am frustrated with the rear diffusers I'm finding on ebay or anywhere else. I was wondering if there was one that anyone could recommend that would fit well or is it all just custom jobs? I am looking to get the magnaflow exhaust (ive done some research but if anyone has any experience at all with which exhaust kits are the best please let me know!)

If this question has already been posted then I am very sorry!

TL:dr Can anyone recommend me a good diffuser that my exhaust will fit into
Sponsored

David16touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic touring, 2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring FWD.
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
https://www.ebay.com/itm/183260655998

This is the one I purchased, I got it installed and the same day I went to an exhaust shop to have them cut the existing tips that point towards the ground and have them bring a new pipe out to where the diffuser was. They charged me $110 including the exhaust tips and labor, they even painted the mufflers to make it look new! One of the best mods IMO you can do to the older 10th gens that don’t have the hdmi port lol
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-T Rear bumper diffuser help 6BDC9146-0FBC-4714-87A0-E7E7CD9CD9CD

luckytom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue 2018 Civic EX-T 6 Speed
Country flag

This is the one I purchased, I got it installed and the same day I went to an exhaust shop to have them cut the existing tips that point towards the ground and have them bring a new pipe out to where the diffuser was. They charged me $110 including the exhaust tips and labor, they even painted the mufflers to make it look new! One of the best mods IMO you can do to the older 10th gens that don’t have the hdmi port lol
6BDC9146-0FBC-4714-87A0-E7E7CD9CD9CD.jpeg
I recently put in the same difusser and I really like it. It was the 3rd brake light that sold me!

I'm just waiting for the economy to reopen so I can reach out to a muffler shop and have my exhaust tips put on!

David16touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice lol. Unfortunately I decided to just cut off the wires and tape up the hole just to avoid future electrical issues and you’ll love the rear end even more after you do!

MarshX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Check out my pics under my showcase. I’ve got a diffuser I bought from eBay (similar to his ^^ but gloss black and center reflector as opposed to “3rd” break light). As far as exhaust goes....with my particular diffuser, it’s custom. You can read all in my showcase. Essentially I would not recommend a Magnaflow exhaust solely because the fitting looks super awkward and weird on the 10th gen civics. I’ve personally avoided any bolt on exhausts catered to the non-SI sedans simply due to the fact that there aren’t many and the ones that are available look ugly. Be different. Try checking out other sedans and their exhaust setup. Look into what you TRULY like. Also keep in mind that if you do go the custom route, try looking for a reasonable muffler shop cause some can be misleading with quotes and prices. All in all, I recommend the diffuser I’ve got as well as that dude’s ^^. It’s pretty much the nicest you’ll see on a EX-T unless you op for one from a sport sedan.

nawx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Check out my pics under my showcase. I’ve got a diffuser I bought from eBay (similar to his ^^ but gloss black and center reflector as opposed to “3rd” break light). As far as exhaust goes....with my particular diffuser, it’s custom. You can read all in my showcase. Essentially I would not recommend a Magnaflow exhaust solely because the fitting looks super awkward and weird on the 10th gen civics. I’ve personally avoided any bolt on exhausts catered to the non-SI sedans simply due to the fact that there aren’t many and the ones that are available look ugly. Be different. Try checking out other sedans and their exhaust setup. Look into what you TRULY like. Also keep in mind that if you do go the custom route, try looking for a reasonable muffler shop cause some can be misleading with quotes and prices. All in all, I recommend the diffuser I’ve got as well as that dude’s ^^. It’s pretty much the nicest you’ll see on a EX-T unless you op for one from a sport sedan.
Do you have a link to the diffuser you purchased? :)

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve just bought the Ikon diffuser with pipes. I actually plan to wrap the third brake light w matte black vinyl since I don’t like that look, and I decided to go w the Ikon diffuser because of every other one I’ve seen it /looks/ like that one has the best fitment. Just gotta wait a few months till I can hopefully have a shop weld on the tips lol. Inspo from the attached civic.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-T Rear bumper diffuser help ABAF4385-AFBD-41E2-A829-3F8C23CD526D

MarshX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have a link to the diffuser you purchased? :)
I just checked and unfortunately the seller took down the listing. Not sure what’s up with that. I mean I did purchase it 1.5yrs ago. However, there’s a couple similar ones on eBay but hopefully you can find one you like. Sorry I couldn’t help you out.

MarshX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice lol. Unfortunately I decided to just cut off the wires and tape up the hole just to avoid future electrical issues and you’ll love the rear end even more after you do!
I’m interested to know whether the light that comes attached to your diffuser is similar in size and dimensions as the red reflector in mines?. I’ve been contemplating for a long while now on whether I should do some DIY work to have an F1 style light on my diffuser but since yours looks very similar to mine, I might just purchase a whole diffuser just to get the lighting transferred to my diffuser lol

ocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag

6BDC9146-0FBC-4714-87A0-E7E7CD9CD9CD.jpeg
Did they cut the metal that is on the inside under the bumper or did they just pipe around it? I got the same one and it doesn't look like pipes would fit.

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A bit late but I had mine done this week. Def changes the look and it’s just a subtle thing. Idk why Honda would ever choose to hide the dual exhaust.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-T Rear bumper diffuser help 4E2C7949-A6C9-4056-96E9-D0814B0EFB9D

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-T Rear bumper diffuser help 543BC3F0-B75A-4896-8DD6-9ED56A8B3785

ocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag
A bit late but I had mine done this week. Def changes the look and it’s just a subtle thing. Idk why Honda would ever choose to hide the dual exhaust.

4E2C7949-A6C9-4056-96E9-D0814B0EFB9D.jpeg

543BC3F0-B75A-4896-8DD6-9ED56A8B3785.jpeg
are your exhaust angled to come out like that or did they have to cut the metal that is under the bumper?

David16touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did they cut the metal that is on the inside under the bumper or did they just pipe around it? I got the same one and it doesn't look like pipes would fit.
They cut a half circle of sheet metal on both sides