2016 Civic EX-T A/C Issue

tiernanjustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Update - got my civic back last Friday after they replaced two of the A/C lines. On my commute into work this morning it started doing it again. Same scenario while sitting in bumper to bumper stopped/slow speed traffic. Just called the service manager and left him a message. The saga continues...
Sorry to hear that, having the exact same issue, car goes in the first time next Monday, have they fixed your issue yet?
Sponsored

OP
OP
pablidito

pablidito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Sorry to hear that, having the exact same issue, car goes in the first time next Monday, have they fixed your issue yet?
Not yet. The compressor is now in and they are installing it today. I might have it back today or tomorrow. Will provide an update once I get my vehicle back.

mberns1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan Touring
Let ours sit w a/c running yesterday and today once I got to dealership to drop it off. It sat for over 20 mins and the air stayed cold and worked fine. Figures. It wasn't nearly as hot this morning as it was over the weekend when it malfunctioned so we are holding on to it to c if it doesn't it again when it gets really hot again.

mberns1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan Touring
Which absolutely means it a sensor or computer issue I believe.

CANMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Here's a question for you guys, just so I can understand what is normal operation because I don't think my car is normal.

Auto climate control... If it's hot out and you set the temp to low and hit auto shouldn't it turn on the A/C and then turn the fan speed to max?

My car will not. Turns fan speed up, but A/C off when you hit auto.... Doesn't make sense to me. I have to manually turn on the A/C every time, and if at any point I hit auto the A/C turns off. Kinda defeats the purpose of automatic climate control when it's hot out right?

My A/C seems to be working fine when I am driving, sitting still it doesn't feel that cold to me. It should be able to idle and cool the car regardless of temperature right?

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
Are you in econ mode? That will significantly affect the AC at idle (and driving speeds, but it's less noticeable to me while I'm driving) to try and minimize fuel usage.

OP
OP
pablidito

pablidito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
No never in ECON
Update - picked up my EX-T yesterday evening. So far so good but the temps outside are only mid 70s and overcast. I'm going to drive it over the next few days as the weather gets warmer and will let everyone know if the replacement compressor fixed the issue. Fingers crossed.

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Update - picked up my EX-T yesterday evening. So far so good but the temps outside are only mid 70s and overcast. I'm going to drive it over the next few days as the weather gets warmer and will let everyone know if the replacement compressor fixed the issue. Fingers crossed.
Excellent. Let us know...

creamofpayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Crap you guys, please keep updating! I've narrowed my purchase down to the Civic EX-T or a Golf SE/GTI. I live in Phoenix so AC is life/death...I really loved the Civic so crossing my fingers.

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan - Modern Steel Metalic / Black
Country flag
Crap you guys, please keep updating! I've narrowed my purchase down to the Civic EX-T or a Golf SE/GTI. I live in Phoenix so AC is life/death...I really loved the Civic so crossing my fingers.
Even though the issues people here are reporting seem scary, the problems are affecting an extremely small percentage of owners. It just seems worse since they are all gathered in 1 model-specific forum.

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
What's the cost difference between them? The Golfs were nice, but just didn't feel 'right' (Coming from a Passat, and I've owned a Golf before). The Civic had that feeling, though it doesn't feel as solid. For $10k in the difference, I figured I'd give Honda a try!

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I barely ever use my A/C. Will have to make myself for awhile until I know it'll keep working properly...
I'm right there with ya brother. I've been using mine the past week a bunch, but normally I just put the windows down and go. Cracks me up to see people with their windows up, and the AC cranked on those 75-80° days. I use mine when it's above 90°, or if my wife's in the car, but that's about it. Even my son prefers the windows down alot.

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I may be biased since I'm in love with my Coupe, but there is no way I would ever buy a VW.

Unless it was a very old beetle. :thumbsup:
Sponsored