2016 civic ex sirius xm

WOPdan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Just wondering if anyone has been able to get sirius xm in an ex. Went to pick mine up today expecting to have 3 month trial only to find out the ex-t and up are the only ones equippes. There must be a way to install without buying a whole new sirius receiver.
Sponsored

kevinisme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic, 2016 Honda Civic
Just wondering if anyone has been able to get sirius xm in an ex. Went to pick mine up today expecting to have 3 month trial only to find out the ex-t and up are the only ones equippes. There must be a way to install without buying a whole new sirius receiver.
I think the only way you'd be able to get it without a receiver is to download the app on your phone and just simply connect your phone and listening to it that way.

OP
OP

WOPdan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Thanks for the reply! However im sure the app eats just as much data as google play will. Im very suprised nobody has figured out how to load the app into the computer in the car. Theres an option to download apps in the settings menu. Anybody tried loading the program manually into the car? It must be possible if its available in the ex-t

critik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Country flag
Likely not. Usually SXM requires special hardware (antenna, receiver module) if it's not using your phone's data.

Kindred1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I am not wanting to have you regard my response as insulting, but did you not thoroughly investigate which Civic models have what accessories? The only way for you to have SiriusXm in your Ex is to purchase a portable auto Sirius, run the antennae under the carpet through the trunk and put it on your trunk (magnetized). The actual unit has a power cord that plugs into your console.

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only way for you to have SiriusXm in your Ex is to purchase a portable auto Sirius, run the antennae under the carpet through the trunk and put it on your trunk (magnetized). The actual unit has a power cord that plugs into your console.
I've thought about doing this in my LX, but I just hate paying for the stuff AND paying to use it, when FM is free, even though about all they do is talk or play commercials. If I spent alot more time in my car, I might think about it harder.

OP
OP

WOPdan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
I am not wanting to have you regard my response as insulting, but did you not thoroughly investigate which Civic models have what accessories? The only way for you to have SiriusXm in your Ex is to purchase a portable auto Sirius, run the antennae under the carpet through the trunk and put it on your trunk (magnetized). The actual unit has a power cord that plugs into your console.
None taken! Just something i honestly expected to come standard in most cars these days it seems. There must be a way to load an app through a usb drive into the computer. Has anyone tried this? I also dont want to bother buying an external unit.