First Name
Civic X
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic EX 2016
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you for your time and effort into our community Mike!
Sponsored

smoker68x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring 4DR Sedan
Country flag
Type what ? And where ? In the browser ? We can type with ours while moving if using the web browser. I've only done steps 10 - 16
Typing in the navigation field. I don’t need the browser, or video, I just want to be able to use the navigation menus without having to use voice.

carrsteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI, 2017 Civic EX-L, 2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Typing in the navigation field. I don’t need the browser, or video, I just want to be able to use the navigation menus without having to use voice.
You have to install a different keyboard app to be able to type while moving which cannot be done without installing Honda Hack.

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
You have to install a different keyboard app to be able to type while moving which cannot be done without installing Honda Hack.
Do you have tutorial on how to install different keyboard app when you already have Honda hack

carrsteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI, 2017 Civic EX-L, 2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Do you have tutorial on how to install different keyboard app when you already have Honda hack
In the app for Honda Hack is Gboard, install that, then change the keyboard like you would on any other Android device.

3vilhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How can I connect to Bluetooth, type address in Google maps/Waze of Android auto while the car is moving?

max8176

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Have anyone use the hide app function in the Honda Hack? Does it give you a code to reappear it after dealer visit?

avidark22

First Name
Amol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-T
Country flag
Have anyone use the hide app function in the Honda Hack? Does it give you a code to reappear it after dealer visit?
Yes it throws a code as soon as you ask it to hide the apps, click a picture i warn you. Because you need to follow the instructions to get your apps back.

OP
OP

mikealanni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Guys, hope everyone enjoyed this bypass, soon I will return my lovely Civic. Thanks for everyone

PHubb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX, 2012 Accord
Country flag
SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH
smile.png

Finally I found a way to bypass the restriction method and play video while driving
Anyone following these steps it total by his/her own risk and I'm not responsible to any issue might happen as I'm doing this for research purposes. for me it is working each time I'm doing it

1. Push your ignite button twice so you not be in accessory mode
2. Hold Bright power and menu until you see two choice click on the bottom one
3. Hold menu key to get to another menu
4. Choose vehicle model information then vehicle setting type and you will see three types
TBAA:Gr013 DA KC No 4DR
TBAA:Gr013 DA KA No 4DR (this is the default one in my car)
TBAA:Gr013 DA Kx No 4DR

You will need to choose
TBAA:Gr013 DA KC No 4DR (you need to make sure you are in empty space area as the GPS need to be locked after rebooting and also make sure you are not in accessory mode)
5. After the device reboot hold bright power and menu again and choose functional setup and then other
6. You will see operation restricted turn it off
7. Also enable Pandora and then back to home menu
8. Now you have system that can be modified couple things while driving like you can use the dial pad
9. Now phase two to watch videos
10. Open the internet browser and type about:debug
11. Then delete it and type file:/// and hit enter
12. You will see the file system files, scroll down and click on vendor then app folder
13. scroll down and you find WhitelistApService.apk file
14. NEVER NEVER NEVER click on any APK only WhitelistApService.apk (I WARN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
15. click on it and it will try to install then it fail
16. then back to the home screen and hold power till it asking for reboot. reboot your system and viola you can run browser and gallery to browse , watch you tube or videos

Might you need to turn off your lane camera as when ever you right signal it will stop your video

issues you may get with this method
App installer will not work
rear camera very rare can be delayed or lag

*** To revert this hack, then you need to go to setting then apps download section and you will see the white list service there then just uninstall it and you back to normal.. if it acting weird just reboot the unit

Now to things I figured it out

Any apk files that are android system files from version 4.2.2 it will fail with signature different from the one installed
AHA APK can be update it will not working good as it not design for car ( I got it from internet)
apklist.apk from Honda pilot it willing to install but it fail because the version that we have is newer (at least mine as it update to latest android version f190)
Any app you click on it will show gray install button but if you multitask and go to the browser and browse the path /data/data/usbtmp then you will see the file there and that path can install apk but it will fail again. what ever you do the file will delete from there.. i tried to unplugged the fuse and the file stayed there so I tried the to do the whitelistservice.apk that we did above as this will stop the service from running but looks the package installer call whielistlib and the lib check the signature too.

I tried to plug USB serial as I can see in the log android loading PL32XX driver and i change the USB from HOST to DEVICE from the hidden menu i got an Ethernet connection from the USB and I can see the internal sdcard not the system as it is MTP I think.

Rebooting the device and holding menu will get you in safe mode but it didn't help anything

Honda link when enabled it will open another port other than the 5000 (random) when you nmap for the HU IP

Tried most exploits on browser didn't work

Modified APK didn't working

I would we all work together and break the APK installing process.

Donate can accepted to by pizza and drink
smile.png
on paypal
Majedalanni at yahoo.com

Thanks guys for reading my post
Well I can report that all these years later this trick/bypass still works. I tried it on my 2017 Civic with 2019 head unit. I first did it on a bench test and it worked. I now have video in my car, but the browser is too old to play youtube from the internet. MP4 videos/movies on a USB stick play great in the Gallery app. I know of no way to update the browser at this point - maybe someone has figured that out. This HU does not have Honda Hack - it's stock.

Honda Civic 10th gen [2016 Civic EX NA] Finally Video While Driving civic radio video

PHubb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX, 2012 Accord
Country flag
Note: Some people may have to do steps 9-16 on first page as well, but I didn't - it just worked after re-booting: click ONLY on and try to install WhitelistApService.apk There are more than one Whitelist files so be careful - only WhitelistApService.apk
"10. Open the internet browser and type about:debug
11. Then delete it and type file:/// and hit enter
12. You will see the file system files, scroll down and click on vendor then app folder
13. scroll down and you find WhitelistApService.apk file
14. NEVER NEVER NEVER click on any APK only WhitelistApService.apk (I WARN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
15. click on it and it will try to install then it fail
16. then back to the home screen and hold power till it asking for reboot. reboot your system and viola you can run browser and gallery to browse , watch you tube or videos"

JW0914

Banned
Banned
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Orion Nebula
Country flag
...but the browser is too old to play youtube from the internet... I know of no way to update the browser at this point - maybe someone has figured that out.
The headunit's browser should not be used:
  1. The head unit is a cheap, bottom-of-the-barrel tablet with only 1GB of RAM, most of which is used for normal OEM functionality, and a subpar CPU that will cause the OS to freeze from even the most trivial of third party app use (its ability to run third party apps is minimal at best - playing video and trying to switch back to OEM functionality often locks the headunit, requiring a full reboot)

2. KitKat is 9yrs old and hasn't been supported by Google for ~7yrs - the head unit shouldn't be allowed to have internet access, as it's a massive security risk (even HondaHack is iffy since it requires internet access, connects to China, and there's no way to determine what precisely it's doing while connected - the fact the headunit will experience major glitch issues after rooting with HondaHack is proof enough there's more going on that just rooting, as rooting in and of itself doesn't cause OS or hardware instability)

3. Your phone is more advanced than the tablet headunit and you'll have a better experience using it by
Sponsored