[2016 Civic EX NA] Finally Video While Driving

justinjspog

Civic Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Stuck on the boot, screen show nothing, but the climate and touch is working. No radio, no reverse camera. Tried enter to safe mode, same blank sceen just the safe mode show at left bottom of the screen. Thank you to your kind advise.
Did you ever fix this? I am having a similar issue. I can get to safe mode, but nothing else. Sometimes I see the wallpaper or am able to change brightness (when the screen is completely black, not wallpaper or safe mode). Any ideas?
Sponsored

aaabro2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 LX
Country flag
Did you ever fix this? I am having a similar issue. I can get to safe mode, but nothing else. Sometimes I see the wallpaper or am able to change brightness (when the screen is completely black, not wallpaper or safe mode). Any ideas?
Still stuck

M1KL83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback LX 6MT, 2002 Honda Accord SE 5MT
Country flag
Tried it on 2017 hatchback and it only has one choice of vehicle model. IMG_9524.JPG
Did you ever get the video in motion working in your Hatchback??

I've got a 2018 Hatch and I'm interested in unlocking this hidden feature if it's even possible to do so??

smoker68x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring 4DR Sedan
Country flag
I have a 2016 Civic that I want to be able to have someone type while I’m driving, that’s all. I haven’t found anything that works for that yet.

OP
OP

mikealanni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
I have a 2016 Civic that I want to be able to have someone type while I’m driving, that’s all. I haven’t found anything that works for that yet.
You need to look for finally custom app , this will let you root your device

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Type what ? And where ? In the browser ? We can type with ours while moving if using the web browser. I've only done steps 10 - 16

M1KL83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH
smile.png

Finally I found a way to bypass the restriction method and play video while driving
Anyone following these steps it total by his/her own risk and I'm not responsible to any issue might happen as I'm doing this for research purposes. for me it is working each time I'm doing it

1. Push your ignite button twice so you not be in accessory mode
2. Hold Bright power and menu until you see two choice click on the bottom one
3. Hold menu key to get to another menu
4. Choose vehicle model information then vehicle setting type and you will see three types
TBAA:Gr013 DA KC No 4DR
TBAA:Gr013 DA KA No 4DR (this is the default one in my car)
TBAA:Gr013 DA Kx No 4DR

You will need to choose
TBAA:Gr013 DA KC No 4DR (you need to make sure you are in empty space area as the GPS need to be locked after rebooting and also make sure you are not in accessory mode)
5. After the device reboot hold bright power and menu again and choose functional setup and then other
6. You will see operation restricted turn it off
7. Also enable Pandora and then back to home menu
8. Now you have system that can be modified couple things while driving like you can use the dial pad
9. Now phase two to watch videos
10. Open the internet browser and type about:debug
11. Then delete it and type file:/// and hit enter
12. You will see the file system files, scroll down and click on vendor then app folder
13. scroll down and you find WhitelistApService.apk file
14. NEVER NEVER NEVER click on any APK only WhitelistApService.apk (I WARN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
15. click on it and it will try to install then it fail
16. then back to the home screen and hold power till it asking for reboot. reboot your system and viola you can run browser and gallery to browse , watch you tube or videos

Might you need to turn off your lane camera as when ever you right signal it will stop your video

issues you may get with this method
App installer will not work
rear camera very rare can be delayed or lag

*** To revert this hack, then you need to go to setting then apps download section and you will see the white list service there then just uninstall it and you back to normal.. if it acting weird just reboot the unit

Now to things I figured it out

Any apk files that are android system files from version 4.2.2 it will fail with signature different from the one installed
AHA APK can be update it will not working good as it not design for car ( I got it from internet)
apklist.apk from Honda pilot it willing to install but it fail because the version that we have is newer (at least mine as it update to latest android version f190)
Any app you click on it will show gray install button but if you multitask and go to the browser and browse the path /data/data/usbtmp then you will see the file there and that path can install apk but it will fail again. what ever you do the file will delete from there.. i tried to unplugged the fuse and the file stayed there so I tried the to do the whitelistservice.apk that we did above as this will stop the service from running but looks the package installer call whielistlib and the lib check the signature too.

I tried to plug USB serial as I can see in the log android loading PL32XX driver and i change the USB from HOST to DEVICE from the hidden menu i got an Ethernet connection from the USB and I can see the internal sdcard not the system as it is MTP I think.

Rebooting the device and holding menu will get you in safe mode but it didn't help anything

Honda link when enabled it will open another port other than the 5000 (random) when you nmap for the HU IP

Tried most exploits on browser didn't work

Modified APK didn't working

I would we all work together and break the APK installing process.

Donate can accepted to by pizza and drink
smile.png
on paypal
Majedalanni at yahoo.com

Thanks guys for reading my post
Do you know if there are any issues doing this in a 2018 Hatchback? I haven't read as much info about this hack on hatchbacks as I have on sedans it seems.
I'd hate to brick my HeadUnit or lose any of the other factory features but gaining video in motion and browser access while driving is badass coolio yo!
Thanks for putting in the hard work and figuring this out. You're the man cool guy!

OP
OP

mikealanni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Do you know if there are any issues doing this in a 2018 Hatchback? I haven't read as much info about this hack on hatchbacks as I have on sedans it seems.
I'd hate to brick my HeadUnit or lose any of the other factory features but gaining video in motion and browser access while driving is badass coolio yo!
Thanks for putting in the hard work and figuring this out. You're the man cool guy!
I don't think so it is working on 2018.

M1KL83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't think so it is working on 2018.
Awesome! That's great to hear that it is working on 2018's!

I'd love to be able to do steps 1-9 on my Hatchback but can't find concrete evidence of it working on 5DR models.

OP
OP

mikealanni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Sorry, its not working on 2018 I guess. This forum has a lot of post might help you

M1KL83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry, its not working on 2018 I guess. This forum has a lot of post might help you
Shoot that's too bad. Do you mean steps 1-9 or 10-16 or you mean none of them are working on 2018's?

I've been reading through the forums for days and can't find any one in a 2018 Hatchback that has tried it and has it working for them. But maybe I just havemt found them yet.

n9yty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I have a 2018 Hatchback EX. I contacted codeage over at XDA and sent him a private message, he has a way to install Honda Hack over the WiFi connection using the built-in browser over the internet. Installed without any problems, works great, including video while driving.

M1KL83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have a 2018 Hatchback EX. I contacted codeage over at XDA and sent him a private message, he has a way to install Honda Hack over the WiFi connection using the built-in browser over the internet. Installed without any problems, works great, including video while driving.
Very very VERY cool!!

Did you try doing it yourself first before reaching out to codeage? I'm guessing no luck there if you did it didn't work for you the first try. Meaning the steps 10 through 16 of installing the whitelistapk as noted above in this thread.

Can I ask what all you gained by getting this hack? and how much it cost you for his wireless services of install8ng the hack remotely?

OP
OP

mikealanni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Very very VERY cool!!

Did you try doing it yourself first before reaching out to codeage? I'm guessing no luck there if you did it didn't work for you the first try. Meaning the steps 10 through 16 of installing the whitelistapk as noted above in this thread.

Can I ask what all you gained by getting this hack? and how much it cost you for his wireless services of install8ng the hack remotely?
I bet he used a payload injection to the browser to gain root... You might fing usefull post XDA

Greifus_OnE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback
I have the Thai variant of the 2018 Civic Hatchback, and applying steps 10 - 16 worked just fine for me, with no loss of functionality. Steps 1 - 9 were unnecessary because Operation Restriction was already off by default in my hatchback.

Although I needed to do step 10 differently for the system files to show up.

10. Open the internet browser, type about:debug in the address bar, press enter, wait for the loading bar to finish, and then create a new tab
11. In the new tab type file:/// and hit enter

We only get 1 trim to pick from but our hatchback is quite similar to the NA Sport Touring model minus Honda Sensing, Lanewatch, and Navigation.
Sponsored

Last edited: