[2016 Civic EX NA] Finally Video While Driving

mralwaysleepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXT
Movies look and work great, no stutters or audio issues, make sure they're mp4. The system will actually pause the movie while the lane watch camera takes over and resume when it turns off.
Only wish i can mirror my iphone to the screen how ;) that would be amazing
Sponsored

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does this work on the coupe? Is it persistent, or have to do it everytime I wanna watch video?
Yes, I have a Cdn EX-T. Once it's done its permanent until you uninstall the "whitelistapservice" from under the apps section in the android settting section. My wife can now do math onscreen while driving using the calculator app. Have a shortcut on the home screen for it.

It was also whitelistapservice apk not whitelistservice apk

Honda Civic 10th gen [2016 Civic EX NA] Finally Video While Driving IMG_1566.PNG

aegeanblu915

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
First post on this site, hope everyone is doing well! Been eyeing these threads lately....first off, whoever found this, you're amazing lol.

How does this affect warranty? Anyone know? Just don't want to give the dealership reason to give me shit. (Answer might already be here, I just haven't read the whole thread yet.)

**UPDATE...So from what I have read warranty shouldn't be an issue as you can most likely factory reset or remove the feature per the steps (someone feel free to correct me). However I'm not sure which option to go with as my 2 options for steps 1-3 aren't the same at all to the directions. Just don't want to screw it up and also hopefully it'll be helpful info for someone in future.

Options on in my list are
TBAA:GR011 DA KA NO=XM 4DR #1
TBAA:Gr011 DA KA NO=XM 4DR #2

Last edited:

kwak250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Rs
Vehicle Showcase
mikealanni thanks I also did stps 10-16 and it works great I don't wish to watch kittens on YouTube while driving but it is now an option to add a screen in the back seats for the kids.

codeage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X
Country flag
The guy just told me he solved the problem by using this method. Thanks!

codeage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X
Country flag
Try swiping down from the top of the screen to pull down the Android notification pane. You can now tap the button that takes you to the actual Android settings and perform a factory reset.
The guy just told me he solved the problem by using this method. Thanks!

OP
OP

mikealanni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
One guy here turned the Settings page of his Civic to blank after using this method, because he installed the incorrect file WifiApService.apk, not WhitelistApService.apk. How can we fix this problem? Because the Settings page is totally blank, the uninstallation option is not available. Thanks.
did he solve it yet? did he try safe mode by holding menu while booting.. by the way, I think he installed setting.apk and that made the problem,

OP
OP

mikealanni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
did he solve it yet? did he try safe mode by holding menu while booting.. by the way, I think he installed setting.apk and that made the problem,
nevermind looks sloved , I have full aware of the blind button and factory reset but, that will not work if someone install setting.apk by MISTAKE :) . it will brick your unit and will give Honda dealer a visit :)

codeage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X
Country flag
How did you connect to the head unit using USB cable? Someone here has found a way to enter the development mode and opened the USB debug mode but adb tcpip connection still faild. I think maybe I should connect through USB directly?

minicover

First Name
Apinan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FC EL
How did you connect to the head unit using USB cable? Someone here has found a way to enter the development mode and opened the USB debug mode but adb tcpip connection still faild. I think maybe I should connect through USB directly?
I use usb A to A type connect directly from 1.5A slot under console.
Sponsored