2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures)

Dba12913

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
I installed today Diode Dynamic XML2 6000k. It took 15 minutes.
It was good deal. I paid "only" $89 on ebay.
I'm completely satisfied ! Without fog lights LED Lo beam is worse then HID, but with LED Fog lights there is harmony ;)
Which fog lights did you buy?
Sponsored

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
I'm completely satisfied ! Without fog lights LED Lo beam is worse then HID, but with LED Fog lights there is harmony ;)

static
0-cus-d2-cf645b5f327b386f9df5f5a418e280c9.jpg

Running with fog lights on
0-cus-d2-74294db6e72fca2299e4b1a4a8e75fc4.jpg

without fog lights
0-cus-d4-2fe8faa593c24282644687985e7f624a.jpg
With the fog lights on it looks way to bright.. I'm sure your blinding the other drivers coming towards you..

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
With the fog lights on it looks way to bright.. I'm sure your blinding the other drivers coming towards you..
Not at all ! I take care about every my Fog Light installation. In fact it's my third installation. Previously I installed HID (Sonata, Lancer), and I can say that HID more blinding and stray light. I double checked personally how it's appear - it's fine. Plus I was driving slowly toward police two days ago. No problem.

PS. Who hesitates - don't install. Manufacture FogLight not bad at all.

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
can someone post a cutoff on a flat surface up against a wall or a garage door that has the LED headlights PLEASE

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
DID YOU HAVE TO DO ANY OF THIS NONSENSE??? THIS WAS BRIUGHT UP IN THE QUESTION SECTION ON AMAZON FOR THESE BULBS FROM ORIGINAL POST...

How can you adjust the bulb orientation in the housing. They are supposed to be mounted vertically. F150 2010
Answer:
Hello!
You can unscrew the base and remove the set screws and rotate them to the angle that you desire and screw them back in.
By OPT7 Lighting® on December 22, 2015
I have the same issue - After I rotated the bulb, I had to drill new holes, but I would think that most people would not go to this much trouble.
By Bill from Perrysburg on March 25, 2016
I trimmed the wide tab to the same width as the other two. This allowed me to "clock" the light in different slots and making the mount vertical and the LEDs shining horizontally within the reflector. I also had file down the tabs slightly, as the socket was a snug fit and I had a little trouble with installing it into… see more I trimmed the wide tab to the same width as the other two. This allowed me to "clock" the light in different slots and making the mount vertical and the LEDs shining horizontally within the reflector. I also had file down the tabs slightly, as the socket was a snug fit and I had a little trouble with installing it into the hole. This was mostly due to the manufacture of the OEM headlight assembly. Even the OEM bulbs were a very snug fit. With the minor modifications, the install was quick and easy. see less
By redneck wrencher on April 12, 2016
I re-driled mine, the silver box on the back where the wires exit is the bottom, so orient accordingly. A #53 drill bit is the perfect size, insert into drill chuck so only about 1/4" protrudes. Remove screw, twist white plastic sleeve to match current bulb orientation and drill the aluminum at the bottom of the hole

nrg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic

static
0-cus-d2-cf645b5f327b386f9df5f5a418e280c9.jpg

Running with fog lights on
0-cus-d2-74294db6e72fca2299e4b1a4a8e75fc4.jpg

without fog lights
0-cus-d4-2fe8faa593c24282644687985e7f624a.jpg
WOW way too bright. Plus your cutoff is a little too high. were they adjusted from factory specs?

can someone post a cutoff on a flat surface up against a wall or a garage door that has the LED headlights PLEASE
anyone, please post your cutoff against a wall. 15-20ft away. There's more to light than the brightness and color. It's also about sharpness of the cutoff.

Join hidplanet.com to get information on how to aim your headlights properly.

Osiris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L, 2014 Toyota Highlander, 2011 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
@michaelliu710, @3vilhomer, and @konstantin_rkm,
I just posted a new thread but maybe should have posted here first. (http://www.civicx.com/threads/too-tight-for-led-headlight-bulbs-aftermarket.3732/).
It did not sound like you struggled with space on the install of your lights but when I looked at mine for the first time, it seems really cramped to fit a larger bulb. Plus, on my car, they've pulled the wires so tight at a 45degree angle from the bulb. If I wanted to unclip it from the bulb and leave the bulb in the housing, I'm not sure I even could. I would have to take the whole bulb out.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures) Capture002.PNG

Very cramped space. no issues fitting the larger base of the LED bulbs in?
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures) Capture001.PNG

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
First post but wanted to let others know of my experience installing the OPT7 LEDs too.

Installation impressions were fairly straightforward. Though it was plug and play, I must have not seen others stating they needed to use the Polarity Adapters during their installs. When I first plugged in the LEDs with the Driver attached nothing came on. After a couple of trial and errors, I connected the polarity adapters and VIOLA! the LEDs came to life.

I also read where some experienced cramped spacing or tight wiring harnesses but I had no issues. The heat sink and fan does take up a bit more space but nothing in the engine compartment prevented me from placing the bulbs in there.

The extra wiring from the drivers and polarity adapters were tucked away and with judicious use of zip ties were secured in the engine compartment.

One observation: The driver appears to get fairly hot. Did anyone else notice this? Is this normal? I made sure to keep wiring and plastics away from the driver connector and allowed as much air space around it to allow for heat dissipation. I plan on sending a email to OPT7 to make sure this is normal and not an issue.

I'll update if I hear anything new about the heat from the drivers.

Thanks to OP for posting the thread and motivating me to upgrade the lights! :D:D:D

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures) pTAWTMU

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures) bXFkTN1

Halogens driver side before:

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures) CVQMQMe

LEDs driver side after:

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures) ZfFHZ4b

LEDs passenger side:

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures) PTnRlVD

Full frontal low beams:

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures) 47n0pf

Full frontal low/high beams:

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures) zhQdFUh

Attachments

3vilhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
First post but wanted to let others know of my experience installing the OPT7 LEDs too.

Installation impressions were fairly straightforward. Though it was plug and play, I must have not seen others stating they needed to use the Polarity Adapters during their installs. When I first plugged in the LEDs with the Driver attached nothing came on. After a couple of trial and errors, I connected the polarity adapters and VIOLA! the LEDs came to life.

I also read where some experienced cramped spacing or tight wiring harnesses but I had no issues. The heat sink and fan does take up a bit more space but nothing in the engine compartment prevented me from placing the bulbs in there.

The extra wiring from the drivers and polarity adapters were tucked away and with judicious use of zip ties were secured in the engine compartment.

One observation: The driver appears to get fairly hot. Did anyone else notice this? Is this normal? I made sure to keep wiring and plastics away from the driver connector and allowed as much air space around it to allow for heat dissipation. I plan on sending a email to OPT7 to make sure this is normal and not an issue.

I'll update if I hear anything new about the heat from the drivers.

Thanks to OP for posting the thread and motivating me to upgrade the lights! :D:D:D

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures) pTAWTMU

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures) bXFkTN1

Halogens driver side before:

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures) CVQMQMe

LEDs driver side after:

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures) ZfFHZ4b

LEDs passenger side:

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures) PTnRlVD

Full frontal low beams:

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures) 47n0pf

Full frontal low/high beams:

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures) zhQdFUh
Wow this look exactly like my, how much is it?
http://www.civicx.com/attachments/dsc_2530-jpg.10249/

Attachments

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
theres 2 hole in the middle of the box, is yours empty? my cheap LED came with 2 overlay tube to change my LED color.
Nope. No overlays came with this kit. But I prefer the cooler output over the amber output anyway. Quick question. How hot does your control driver enclosure - (the small metal rectangular box that connects between the bulb and the car's connector) - how hot does that thing get on yours? Mine is pretty hot to the touch. Just wondering if mine's operating as it should or if it's defective. Thanks.

3vilhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nope. No overlays came with this kit. But I prefer the cooler output over the amber output anyway. Quick question. How hot does your control driver enclosure - (the small metal rectangular box that connects between the bulb and the car's connector) - how hot does that thing get on yours? Mine is pretty hot to the touch. Just wondering if mine's operating as it should or if it's defective. Thanks.

im not sure how hot does it goes, but while the 1st day i installed it i drove around for like 20 mins and is somewhat warm, so i decided to tie it up and prevent it from touching some other hose. after that day i didnt bother go check on the driver how hot it goes...

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
im not sure how hot does it goes, but while the 1st day i installed it i drove around for like 20 mins and is somewhat warm, so i decided to tie it up and prevent it from touching some other hose. after that day i didnt bother go check on the driver how hot it goes...
Yeah, I did sort of the same thing. Just keeping it from touching any plastics or wires. Giving it a lot of air space for best possible heat dissipation. So how long have you had the LEDs in there? Are you happy with them? I finally drove during the night and have to say I haven't noticed that much more appreciable light output but I do like the cooler color temp of the LEDs though.
Sponsored