2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures)

OP
OP
michaelliu710

michaelliu710

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Do you have a pic taken with the XenonDepot installed? Showing the light output? Thanks.
Here you go.
http://www.civicx.com/threads/xenondepot-5000k-hid-vs-philips-x-tremevision-led-fog-lights.4876/

I took these photos using my camera with a filter to minimize the color difference. (the light output and color should be very accurate in these pictures)
despite the color difference between my fog lights and my HIDs, you can see how far the light projects.
Sponsored

MarkP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the link! Looks great and the 5000k bulb temp. seems match to the factory DRL light! :)

OP
OP
michaelliu710

michaelliu710

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
just upgrade from 3800LM/bulb to 4000LM/bulb
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0194WDGIW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_20161015_044347.jpg

the output is still not as bright as i expected but good enough. not a big difference from the previous LED headlight
If you really want LEDs you can try OPT7. Although I switched to HIDs, I still consider OPT7 as a top of the line product in LEDs. (According to my experience after trying three different pairs of LED lights.)

3vilhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you really want LEDs you can try OPT7. Although I switched to HIDs, I still consider OPT7 as a top of the line product in LEDs. (According to my experience after trying three different pairs of LED lights.)
i see the OPT7 output isnt as bright as it is too

OP
OP
michaelliu710

michaelliu710

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
i see the OPT7 output isnt as bright as it is too
That could totally be true! My girlfriend is using my OPT7 now until I buy another set of HIDs.
Let us know what your thought is after using your LEDs for a long period of time :)

Idk if it's just me, I feel like driving under normal street light the LEDs are almost invisible. The white light just blend in with the street light.

3vilhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That could totally be true! My girlfriend is using my OPT7 now until I buy another set of HIDs.
Let us know what your thought is after using your LEDs for a long period of time :)

Idk if it's just me, I feel like driving under normal street light the LEDs are almost invisible. The white light just blend in with the street light.
I'm thinking could it be our OEM projector is not made to work well with LEDs...

avidark22

First Name
Amol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-T
Country flag
At civicx i have seen people highly recommend use of relays. Where can i get one if i want to order morimoto off Amazon? do you guys use one too?

OP
OP
michaelliu710

michaelliu710

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Question,

Can I install fog lights on my EX? My car didn't come with them
I'm sure you can but it will require some wiring since you are adding additional light source and plus your turn signal stick doesn't have a switch for fog light.

Guardian7

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sport Hatchback, 2015 CR-V EX
Vehicle Showcase
The problem with LED lights is you need at least 5000 Lumens per emitter or more to get good distance, lots of LED's are rating the Lumens per both emitters or not even listing the lumens measurement at all. A typical light bulb in your home produces about a 1000 lumens. The lumen is a basic unit for measuring brightness, it's still difficult to find a good high powered LED headlight that is as bright as an HID. High output LED lights are just coming into maturity and may need another year or two of development before they can really match the output of an HID but they are at least as bright or better than a stock halogen bulb. The best design I've seen is an array of LED emitters such the Touring model now uses, this could produce quite a bit more output but they are currently $1109.95 from the hardtopguy and that is beyond what most people will spend for a headlight. I am currently running Morimoto H11 2STROKE Emitters which produce 5000 lumens @ 6000 Kelvin per unit using dual CREE XHP50 diode emitters in each unit with a draw of 2.7 Amps @12VDC. I guess I expected more but they will suffice until more powerful units hit the market.
Sponsored

Last edited: