2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures)

OP
OP
michaelliu710

michaelliu710

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Cool, thanks! Just ordered a pair haha. Yeah, I saw another civicx owner had installed the same ones a month or two ago and seemed pretty satisfied too.
Good to hear :) you can try and see once you installed them. Maybe you can post up some pictures here for more people to compare.
Sponsored

johndubu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WOP 2016 EX-T
Just installed my Opt7s! I think they look much much better than the stock halogens and the installation was easy as it gets. But now I'm also now wondering if I should go brighter haha. Doesn't seem like they project all that far, but I guess that means I won't be blinding drivers? Like the OP said, you'd have to bend low to really see it, it does illuminate right in front of me very well though.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures) FullSizeRender

Last edited:
OP
OP
michaelliu710

michaelliu710

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Just installed my Opt7s! I think they look much much better than the stock halogens and the installation was easy as it gets. But now I'm also now wondering if I should go brighter haha. Doesn't seem like they project all that far, but I guess that means I won't be blinding drivers? Like the OP said, you'd have to bend low to really see it, it does illuminate right in front of me very well though.

FullSizeRender.jpg
Nice picture John! As right now, OPT7 is the most reviewed and tested LED bulb I know. If you happen to find another bulbs that look and give better illustration on the road please do share with the CivicX family. :)

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Headlight: OPT7 LED Headlight Bulbs H11 60w 7,000Lm 6K Cool White Cree
Fog light: 30w 6K Super Bright White Projection

017.JPG

I still have the stock fog lights on at this time...
018.JPG

How it looks at night...new fog lights arrived the next day...

025.JPG

here, installed my new fog lights

026.JPG
029.JPG
031.JPG
032.JPG
035.JPG
037.JPG
Now I know which LEDs to go with thanks!

ecm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Why this over a Hid kit? How much brighter is this over stock?

Can one of you guys do a side by side comparison from the driver seat of what it looks like on the the road, this vs the stock halogen?

Also, what about the heat melting the projector housing over time...

OP
OP
michaelliu710

michaelliu710

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Why this over a Hid kit? How much brighter is this over stock?

Can one of you guys do a side by side comparison from the driver seat of what it looks like on the the road, this vs the stock halogen?

Also, what about the heat melting the projector housing over time...
LED bulbs have lots of advantages such as easy installation(no ballast required), energy efficient, cheaper in my opinion, and etc...

LED doesn't need to warm up like HID and they are just as bright as HID. As I know, LED is less likely to burn down the lighting housing than HID. You can google it and find many answers :)

For the brightness, I have to say you pay for what you get. I've tried $40 LED bulbs and they weren't bright at all, but this one is def brighter than the stock bulbs and I'm happy about it. You should check out Amazon customer reviews as well.

Hmm for pictures...because everything is installed and I'm a little lazy to switch back. If I happen to have time I'll update some picture in the future.

Reactions: ecm

robc1591

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-L 2016
Vehicle Showcase
Headlight: OPT7 LED Headlight Bulbs H11 60w 7,000Lm 6K Cool White Cree
Fog light: 30w 6K Super Bright White Projection

017.JPG

I still have the stock fog lights on at this time...
018.JPG

How it looks at night...new fog lights arrived the next day...

025.JPG

here, installed my new fog lights

026.JPG
029.JPG
031.JPG
032.JPG
035.JPG
037.JPG
Thanks Dude, iil install those on my EX-L, will upload photos

Harry Da Hamster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Would you mind driving squared up to a flat white wall at night, and take a picture of the light beam pattern against the wall? Thanks

zaturday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5L Turbo
Very nice. If i want change xenon so I must order with ballast and the size of bulb is H11 is that right?

mhwkr01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic LX sedan ASM, 2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan BNP
These look awesome!!! I was wondering since I'm not quite there yet with a 2016 civic (im on track to purchase one soon) but i drive my 8th gen Civic and i currently have the factory fog lights in with the halogen bulbs. Ive been looking at getting LED fog light bulbs to prevent the glass from getting the slightly yellow look especially since i just replaced my cracked fog light unit; so im wanting to try to protect them as long as possible. But i was wondering how did you go about finding those for your Civic. How did you see if they fit your model year and car? Because the color doesnt look too warm that it looks similar to the color of standard halogens and that would be a good contrast between my LED headlight bulbs so it doesnt look TOO extremely ricer.

Im debating between these lights you put on your car (if they will fit mine) or the Putco Optic 360 high power LED fog light H11. which are about $60.00 more for a pair.

What do you think?

OP
OP
michaelliu710

michaelliu710

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
These look awesome!!! I was wondering since I'm not quite there yet with a 2016 civic (im on track to purchase one soon) but i drive my 8th gen Civic and i currently have the factory fog lights in with the halogen bulbs. Ive been looking at getting LED fog light bulbs to prevent the glass from getting the slightly yellow look especially since i just replaced my cracked fog light unit; so im wanting to try to protect them as long as possible. But i was wondering how did you go about finding those for your Civic. How did you see if they fit your model year and car? Because the color doesnt look too warm that it looks similar to the color of standard halogens and that would be a good contrast between my LED headlight bulbs so it doesnt look TOO extremely ricer.

Im debating between these lights you put on your car (if they will fit mine) or the Putco Optic 360 high power LED fog light H11. which are about $60.00 more for a pair.

What do you think?
the fog lights on Civic is H8 I believe, so i think you need to look more into that, and on the quality side, i think you also have to try it yourself to see if you like it or not. It took me four tries to finally settle with my current set up. I bought and returned for a good number of times.

I suggest you to look into reviews especially pictures. you should def try it. the worst is just to return it.

OP
OP
michaelliu710

michaelliu710

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
First one looks just like OPT7. Let me know how this one goes.

Second one...DONT BOTHER TO TRY. It was one of the LED lights I've tried, and it wasn't bright at all. It looks nice but doesn't illuminate the road in front of you.
Sponsored