dgarcia619

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
So I'm a little confused. I took in my civic to get it's first oil change and have the recall checked on Friday. I went to the dealer I bought it at thinking I had to for free first oil change which is about 70 miles from my house. Upon arriving I was told I had to leave it until Monday since they had to order parts(apparently ever civic they chrcked needed work, so they knew mine would before checking) I was told if I want a rental I have to pay for it since honda does not provide a rental for recalls. At first they said they would "shuttle" me home, but then saw how far my house was so they said I had to find my own ride. Others have posted about getting a rental so the dealer lies to me?
Yes they are either lying to you or are to lazy to go through the process of getting you a rental, like Streamliner stated stand firm. I was offered a rental when I took my car in (had it for three days over the weekend) My parents who own a Nissan had to take their car in for some recall work a few months back were offered a rental as well. It seems to be pretty standard regardless of what dealer or manufacturer. I am under the assumption this recall campaign cost nothing for the consumer including the cost of covering a rental.
Sponsored

Brettjod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
My dealership has a fleet of loaner cars to lend to people. I got a loaner for mine but the only reason I had an issue was because the service lady didn't put it down in my file that I needed one but they managed to get me one. Real dick move for them to do that to you.

Arooge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
Well I just got it back, and apparently it wasn't affected by the recall. It was still a pretty big inconvenience to have my girlfriend drive 70 miles to pick me up and another 70 each way to pick it up plus getting a babysitter so the kids didn't have to sit in the car for 3 hours. Does anyone know the best email to contact to voice my issues? Maybe I can get a couple oil changes for the inconvenience.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Well I just got it back, and apparently it wasn't affected by the recall. … Does anyone know the best email to contact to voice my issues?
Honda doesn't like email. Twitter or Honda Customer Service: (800) 999-1009

By "wasn't affected" do you mean they inspected it per the recall and found no problem?

MuGeN PoWeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
so i checked on honda's website it shows no recall for my civic. do you guys recommend calling their customer service and asking them about it?

thanks

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
so i checked on honda's website it shows no recall for my civic. do you guys recommend calling their customer service and asking them about it?
If you've checked your VIN and it comes up negative, and you haven't gotten a letter, it seems pretty clear your car is not in the affected VINs. You can call them if you want. I wouldn't.

MuGeN PoWeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
If you've checked your VIN and it comes up negative, and you haven't gotten a letter, it seems pretty clear your car is not in the affected VINs. You can call them if you want. I wouldn't.
okay sounds good. i didnt receive a letter so i am good.

pwschuh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6-speed
Country flag
So... it's been a few months. Does anybody know anybody who's wrist-pin snap rings were not properly installed?

hondamitch51

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring ; 2016 CRV Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So... it's been a few months. Does anybody know anybody who's wrist-pin snap rings were not properly installed?
Never heard of a one and I have good friends that work at my Honda Dealership! That's probably a good thing!

mims80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
I bought my LX in January...a couple days later the recall went out. I nearly wanted to kick myself!! Purposely bought a brand new car to avoid any issues but of course, with my luck the one I bought was one of those recalled. It was a piston ring pin. Took it in, they didnt have any in stock so I had to come back another time once my part came in. But I did receive a free car wash and a free oil change coupon...so I guess that was ok. Took car in once my part came in, nearly took them all day but understandable, they weren't making money off me. Hope nothing else goes wrong.

pwschuh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6-speed
Country flag
I bought my LX in January...a couple days later the recall went out. I nearly wanted to kick myself!! Purposely bought a brand new car to avoid any issues but of course, with my luck the one I bought was one of those recalled. It was a piston ring pin. Took it in, they didnt have any in stock so I had to come back another time once my part came in. But I did receive a free car wash and a free oil change coupon...so I guess that was ok. Took car in once my part came in, nearly took them all day but understandable, they weren't making money off me. Hope nothing else goes wrong.
Not clear what you are saying here. The subject of the recall "was a piston snap ring." So when you say "it was a piston ring pin" are you saying that that was what your car was inspected for, or that they actually found that problem on your car when they inspected it?

The fact that they had to wait for "parts" is not relevant since many dealers had to wait for parts simply to do the inspection. If they actually found a piston snap ring improperly installed on your car, the repair would require an engine teardown. Given the newness of the engine to your dealer's mechanics, they are unlikely to have this done in a day.

Last edited:

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
FYI, after the second quarter, Honda reports completion of this recall in the US stands at:

Recall Population 42,129
Total Remedied 35,429
Total Unreachable 410
Total Removed 1

Still no way to tell how many of these 35,429 were not found to be assembled correctly.

mechatune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.slow
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I swear to God if I don't get at least 200,000 miles outta this engine I'm blaming it on this recall.