2016 Civic Coupe Walkaround Video

astein244@

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic LX Manual,1995 Civic Del Sol SI 278k,1995 BMW M3 5 speed (rip),1992 SC300 5 speedl(rip),2005 Is300 5 speed(rip)
Rob, I hope you are right brother.. ;) The 9th gens also didnt have a Turbo or dual exhaust. I have a good feeling the 17 Si is going to put down 250+ HP. Needing a big brake kits and alot of other extras driving it to 27k+.. The cool thing is when this happens the old 9th gens value will go up. Actually the last couple months the remaining 15 Civic Si were bringing MSRP+. I would say by mid summer used 14/15s should bring 20k all day long and all the 12/13s in the high 16k to 18k range.
In the "forum" world prices may go up. But in the retail "real" world 9th gen prices crashed

TechSIguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R CW
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very Nice Looking, Looking over the comments I would speculate that the SI model will be nicely equipped up to the EX-T or EX-L model. Hopefully they keep the prices similar and won't be a huge increase, I'd also love to see a dual exhaust system to help it breath better being that its suppose to be turbocharged now. Currently waiting on the SI to make my move on it, possibly 4 door now.

Phosky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Civic DX
Country flag
My thought is that the Si will be closer to 230 horsepower.

If we use the base civic 1.5T as an example. Those have dual exhaust, and a turbo yet the price increase over the comparably equipped 9th gen models was modest a $1000 roughly from 9th gen EX to 10th gen EXT. Also looking at the amount of power gained for the 1.5T over the old 1.8 being 30 horsepower we can assume the Si will follow suit. No more than $1000 price increase over the 9th gen Si models and about 230 horsepower but way more torque than the old 2.4L would make for a competitive Si that still meets the Si mantra of affordable speed. That also leaves a healthy gap for the Type R in terms of price and power as to not cannibalize sales of either model as well as leave space for the next gen ILX to be priced over the Si but still in the entry level luxury segment with a potential upper tier ILX pricing out above the Type R.
Honda already had a 2.0L that put out 240hp without a turbo. What makes you think that adding a turbo would result in 10 less?

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda already had a 2.0L that put out 240hp without a turbo. What makes you think that adding a turbo would result in 10 less?
I'm sorry, a 2.0L that put out 240 in an Si???? don't think so... The civic, whether it be in Si or base trim guise is still an economy car. That 10 horsepower could mean 1-2mpg on the new Si...even more so because of the turbo... it could also mean less emissions. The same 2.0T going into the Si also makes 300+ in the Type R... but the Si isn't making those numbers... .the 1.5T in the base cars is capable of upwards of 220hp... just because honda has another engine, in a different car, that makes higher power means literally ZERO to the power output of the 2.0T in the new Si.... it's all about a balance of fuel mileage, performance, emissions and price points. Adding the turbo isn't about more power alone, it's about added fuel efficiency and giving the car more torque than the N/A 2.0 engines.

Car engineering, marketing, sales and performance isn not a black and white affair. There are almost endless factors to take into account for each and every car/trim/engine/etc in order to be class competitive while also avoiding cannibalizing sales of their own cars, and meeting fuel/emissions regulations.

Phosky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Civic DX
Country flag
The Si has always been ~37-40hp under the Type-R for every generation the two have been built -- that is, other than the oddball 9th gen CTR which made the jump to FI. So even if there's no bump in power for the forthcoming 10th gen CTR, I suspect the 10th gen Si would put down roughly 37-40hp under it, or around 260hp'ish.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just noticed watching again... The "LX" model they show the interior of, the blue one with the manual and smaller iMID screen has the same wheels as the EX, not hubcaps.

I wonder if this confirms my suspicions that the coupe will mimic the accord coupe and start with an LXS trim level which has all the same LX features plus alloy wheels.