Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The 2016 Civic Coupe was just caught testing at a track in Ohio.

As we have seen and heard, the car is wider and sports a lower, more aggressive look. LED headlamps are expected to be offered too, giving the front clip an Acura-esque look.

The sedan launches this Fall, with the coupe coming shortly after the start of 2016. A five-door hatchback joins the lineup for 2017.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic Coupe Spied Track Testing 2016 Civic Coupe-1
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic Coupe Spied Track Testing 2016 Civic Coupe-2
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic Coupe Spied Track Testing 2016 Civic Coupe-3
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic Coupe Spied Track Testing 2016 Civic Coupe-4
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic Coupe Spied Track Testing 2016 Civic Coupe-5
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic Coupe Spied Track Testing 2016 Civic Coupe-6

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awesome to see more of the coupe testing from different angles. IDK where this site gets its info from tho, the base civics are getting the 2.0 NA engine for the base models... Honda already confirmed that... the 1.8 is going away.

Viet_Racer

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic EM1
Country flag
Oh first prototype without a swirly camo tape. Those lower character lines on the car look very pronounced.

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Coupe is looking real nice to me from basically any angle. I can't wait to see the wraparound lights light up in person. Gonna be distinctive for sure
Does Honda have a test track in Ohio?

Emina

Threads
Reaction score
Video??

Really like the rear 3/4 view, nice short deck gives it a much sportier look (at least from the pics).

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That rear 3/4 view is awesome. Reminds me of the Audi TT in how sloped the back window is. Wish it was going to be a liftback, but, still looks awesome. And yes, honda has tracks here, probably up in Marysville where they build the 4 door civics. I live outside of Columbus and we have the largest Honda Dealership in the midwest and east coast. We actually get test vehicles here (less than a mile from my apartment). I saw the Acura TLX testing months before it was on sale. (With some light camo). Keep hoping i'll catch a civic testing here too.

EmperorHondus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Accord, 2002 Mazda Protege
I was hoping for more detailed information on the release timelines. Fall can mean any time between September and late December. And I'd hate to have to wait until 2016 for the coupe.

BigBang09

nsbryant09
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Former: 2004 Mustang V6, 2008 Civic LX)
Looks good! Any idea which trim level it was? I suspect a base one, but just curious.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks good! Any idea which trim level it was? I suspect a base one, but just curious.
Well, on other websites we are guessing that hubcaps might go away for all the civics and alloys will be standard across the board (or just on the coupe which could adopt the accord LXS trim base). From the looks in the two pictures i would guess EX at least... But the ones with the spray painted rims could be anything they slapped on, but judging on size of the wheel and tire i'd guess EXL

Whoosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Coupe is looking real nice to me from basically any angle. I can't wait to see the wraparound lights light up in person. Gonna be distinctive for sure
Does Honda have a test track in Ohio?
The wraparound lights even look awesome from the side view - realllly aggressive. When they light up it's gonna look like an angry pacman :D

Jorge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 scion tc
Wait...2016? I thought the cars were releasing this year in the fall?

BigBang09

nsbryant09
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Former: 2004 Mustang V6, 2008 Civic LX)
Wait...2016? I thought the cars were releasing this year in the fall?
Only the sedan. The other variants will be slightly delayed, from what I understand. The coupe probably won't be until December at the earliest, if I had to guess. Of course the Si and Type R will be even later.

Jorge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 scion tc
Only the sedan. The other variants will be slightly delayed, from what I understand. The coupe probably won't be until December at the earliest, if I had to guess. Of course the Si and Type R will be even later.
Okay cool, I read it a different way haha
Sponsored