s2ker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000
Wish the sideview mirrors were smaller, they look like dumbo ears. Otherwise the car is looking real nice just like the concept model.

Tegster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Integra (Tafetta White)
Wish the sideview mirrors were smaller, they look like dumbo ears. Otherwise the car is looking real nice just like the concept model.
Blame it on safety requirements imposed by transportation authorities :( What i don't get tho is how some exotics are able to keep their sleek exotic looking mirrors.

Admin: any way we can get a video of one of these prototypes? So far it's only been photos. Would like to see one in motion.

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
The silver wheels are so much better looking than the blacked out ones we've seen on some other prototypes including the latest sedan ones. They look bi-color to me. Silver on the outer face and gray or black on the parts curving in. Sweeet.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The silver wheels are so much better looking than the blacked out ones we've seen on some other prototypes including the latest sedan ones. They look bi-color to me. Silver on the outer face and gray or black on the parts curving in. Sweeet.
The blacked out wheels will be bi-color when they hit production as well, they won't stay matte black, thats just another camo thing they do painting them all black.

But i do agree the design of the coupe tester wheels is better. Less busy than that on the sedan tester. I'm wondering if maybe this is an EX trim and the busier wheels on the sedan tester are for the EXL. It's hard to guess because the trim levels of the civic could be changing alot since there will be two engines, the 1.5 may be an option on EX and above and that may entail different wheels. I'm thinking they'll do an accord based trim scheme. Sedan: LX, Sport, EX, EXL and Coupe: LXS, EX, EXL possibly with 2 versions of EX and EXL to offer the 2.0 and 1.5T engines (kind of like the V6 option of the accords.)

iamjack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Blame it on safety requirements imposed by transportation authorities :( What i don't get tho is how some exotics are able to keep their sleek exotic looking mirrors.

Admin: any way we can get a video of one of these prototypes? So far it's only been photos. Would like to see one in motion.
It's better than what they get in Europe. But with homologation we may just see more dumbo ears make its way to the US.

Whoosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
The recent sedan pics makes it seem very big. Hope the coupe doesn't grow much in size over the current one. Cars are growing too big overall.

///Mookster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
The recent sedan pics makes it seem very big. Hope the coupe doesn't grow much in size over the current one. Cars are growing too big overall.
You can kinda tell the overall size already by looking at the pics where you can see the driver and passenger clearly. It's definitely not getting smaller in size that's for sure. And if its bigger you can tell that it won't be by that much (or I hope :D).

NIN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas 4 life
You can kinda tell the overall size already by looking at the pics where you can see the driver and passenger clearly. It's definitely not getting smaller in size that's for sure. And if its bigger you can tell that it won't be by that much (or I hope :D).
Coupe will be bigger. You can tell in these pics another member posted that the sedan is bigger so you can expect the coupe will be bit bigger too.

martyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boring Accord family hauler
I care about weight more than size. If this model gains significant weight then Honda's line about bringing sportiness back to the Civic will just be marketing speak. Manufacturers are beginning to realize that just stuffing more HP under the hood won't get them to meet their CAFE goals and they're starting to take the 'addition by subtraction' approach by dropping weight using more lightweight materials and build processes. Hope the next Civic coupe will see some of this approach too.

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
@martyr that's especially true with cars like the base Civic which isn't very high powered. Weight gain will be felt even more in the acceleration department.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well according to everything honda has said of the new engines and platform it'll be gaining power and losing weight. so fingers crossed.

Tap Out

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 CRV
Well according to everything honda has said of the new engines and platform it'll be gaining power and losing weight. so fingers crossed.
Every company seems to be trying to lose weight now. Hope it doesn't end up like 10 pounds saved over the previous generation and only if you don't select x, y, z options.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well the civic is already one of the lightest cars on the market for it's class... so i don't imagine that it'll lose a ton of a weight. maybe like 100 or so pounds over the previous model and im sure models like the new touring trim will be heavier no matter what. But really, as long as it doesn't gain weight that an accomplishment with the larger size.

Shortbus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Fit Blue Sensation
Every company seems to be trying to lose weight now. Hope it doesn't end up like 10 pounds saved over the previous generation and only if you don't select x, y, z options.
I wouldn't even mind if the car didn't gain power but just lost weight. Real world effect would be like gaining power anyway. But you also get all the other benefits (better steering, handling, braking, MPG).
Sponsored