2016 Civic Coupe Specs Sheet, Owner's Guide, Manuals and Press Kit

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am definitely curious about the pricing. I have been looking into getting the EX-L or touring in the sedan because it is convenient to have all the extra room, but come to think of it I am most of the time riding by myself and can count on both hands the times I've had passengers in teh back seat. The coupe tends to be cheaper than the sedan so depending on the pricing it would definitely be something to consider for me.

Any of you guys have an idea of what the higher trims may go for in regards to pricing?

Honestly, I have been looking at several cars in the civic's class and you just get so many technology features (and that's an important aspect or me) compared to the corolla, cruze, mazda and focus (and I just can' get myself to like the body style of some of them like the corolla) that it has been difficult to find a reason of why I shouldn't get the civic, with exception of the price but I rather get a car a love than one I just like if I am making payments and going to have for quite awhile even if the price is higher.
The only indicator of pricing we have so far is what honda said at the press release that prices would remain "close to those of the previous generation civic coupes" just like the small price increases for the sedan, it's pretty safe to guestimate the current pricing of the 9th gen with similar increases that the sedan saw.
Sponsored

atomicfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe (soon!) ☆
I'm in the process of trying to put down a deposit for a coupe at a nearby dealership - I said I'm interested in a Touring model with a few additional exterior options added. I received this response:

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic Coupe Specs Sheet, Owner's Guide, Manuals and Press Kit 5uPGQxK

I think it's going well. /s

Tonezorz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Series.Yellow BRZ, 2014 Legacy, 2015 Crosstrek. Previous: 2011 Miata GT PRHT 2009 Forester XT, 2007 Cobalt
I think it's going well. /s
Why is this so common? The last place I went to the dealer didn't know what the names of the colors were, or that there was a grey. Isn't this their... Job?

atomicfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why is this so common? The last place I went to the dealer didn't know what the names of the colors were, or that there was a grey. Isn't this their... Job?
I don't know... He originally sent me a list of different models (LX, EX-T, etc) asking which one I'm interested in and I noticed he didn't add Touring. I attached this screenshot and asked if Touring is coming out later than projected or if that wasn't an accurate screenshot? Then he responded with that, lol.

Assolute

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Honda Civic DX Sedan
Country flag
I believe there'll be stock on the 20th or so in Canada! Just got off the phone with a salesman in London, Ontario Canada who is currently in Toronto and he confirmed that at the very least they'll have a red touring arriving in the shipment that day, and would look into what else will be coming :)

EXCITED.

GoPackGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Energy Green Coupe
I'm curious why anyone would put a deposit down now other than you want one right away of course :) Wouldn't you want to shop various dealers to get the best price on the model you decide to buy? Or have you already decided to buy from a certain dealer no matter what? Or do you figure dealers won't negotiate much when it's first released?

After reading all of these docs and doing a lot of research you sure get a big bang for your buck with the Civic (coupe and sedan). I'm in my 50's, divorced, son with one year left in college. I could easily afford to spend more on a car. But you get so many features at a great price I'm definitely buying one or the other, probably the coupe touring.

Assolute

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Honda Civic DX Sedan
Country flag
I'm curious why anyone would put a deposit down now other than you want one right away of course :) Wouldn't you want to shop various dealers to get the best price on the model you decide to buy? Or have you already decided to buy from a certain dealer no matter what? Or do you figure dealers won't negotiate much when it's first released?

After reading all of these docs and doing a lot of research you sure get a big bang for your buck with the Civic (coupe and sedan). I'm in my 50's, divorced, son with one year left in college. I could easily afford to spend more on a car. But you get so many features at a great price I'm definitely buying one or the other, probably the coupe touring.
I put a deposit down today since I'll be going up to Canada (I'm from just south of Toronto) to get my car, this way for me I can be 100% sure that the right color/trim will be there when I get there... Also I guess I'm loyal to this specific dealership since it's where my parents bought their civics years ago. Without sounding too douchey, a little more or less expensive isn't going to be a deal breaker for me :)

atomicfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd shop around at various dealerships if I could, but I doubt any of them would budge on pricing considering how new the coupe is. If there's any around in the greater Seattle area that would negotiate, I'm obviously more than interested. :thumbsup:

Shralper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Acura RSX Type S
Country flag
does anyone else feel the back end of the coupe looks worse than the sedan?
It's a bit too busy, IMO. Too many creases in the sheet metal and I'm not thrilled about all the black plastics, especially the big phony air vents in the bumper (I'd be ok with them if they were real grills). And I hate how the exhaust is hidden, but I'm betting the Si will have an exposed exhaust, which will also help break up some of the black plastics. I totally dig the coupe's continuous taillight though.

On the other hand, I think the side of the sedan is too busy. Again, too many creases. I love the cleaner lines of the coupe's sides and the overall profile. Honda really nailed it here in my opinion. Can't wait to see it in person.

None of these are dealbreakers by any means. The only dealbreaker for me is anything less than a 2.0 turbo in the Si.

GoPackGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Energy Green Coupe
I agree, I'm afraid there won't be much negotiating for awhile. But I suppose if more than one dealer has the same model/color you want you may be able to hagle a bit. I just hate to put down a deposit without having test driven the car.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
The Touring coupe is only 36 lbs lighter than the Touring sedan. And the coupe is 5.4" shorter than the sedan.
Sponsored