2016 Civic Coupe Specs Sheet, Owner's Guide, Manuals and Press Kit

CdnCvx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX MSM
From the specs it looks like Honda Sensing is only on the Touring for the coupe, while it is available on all trims on the sedan. Likely due to lower coupe volumes and perhaps coupe drivers wanting more of a 'pure' driving experience.
Sponsored

Berkbelts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Civic
What are these different CVT transmissions? Someone mentioned paddle shifters?! Please be true please be true!

2006civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 civic coupe
Country flag
Am I reading this right....no maintenance minder for LX or LX-P? My 2006 LX coupe has a maintenance minder. I thought it was a pretty basic feature.

Berkbelts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Civic
Ok so the manual speaks about and shows how to use paddle shifters. So which model has them? Is this another thing to be released in the near future, like the manual turbo?

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Ok so the manual speaks about and shows how to use paddle shifters. So which model has them? Is this another thing to be released in the near future, like the manual turbo?
Canadian model most likely. Other differences mentioned include lack of TPMS, low washer fluid warning. Different size (larger) and placement of the reservoir cap. Use of wireless charger highlighted as Canadian models because it's standard on Touring and various warning lights that display a symbol rather than the words.

Berkbelts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Civic
Canadian model most likely. Other differences mentioned include lack of TPMS, low washer fluid warning. Different size (larger) and placement of the reservoir cap. Use of wireless charger highlighted as Canadian models because it's standard on Touring and various warning lights that display a symbol rather than the words.
So you're saying us Americans won't get paddle shifters!? Why Canadian exclusive?

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
So you're saying us Americans won't get paddle shifters!? Why Canadian exclusive?
I don't want to start a political discussion here, but Canadian models are generally better equipped than their US counterparts at the expense of a higher price (Usually $1000). Paddle shift isn't limited on the Canadian coupe, but I've seen it mentioned in another thread where Thailand Sedans will get them too.

Well, seeing videos reviews of the US pre production models and no mention of paddle shifters even on the Touring model, the US market won't be available with paddle shifters safe to say. We also get wireless charger standard and not a dealer installed option. Heated seats are more readily standard on lower trims. Turbo side skirts was another thing we got north of the border. Differences between US and Canadian vehicles are more pronounced especially with Accord and Acura models. It's all about packaging when it comes to markets. Honda knows or has done the research that American's probably want to pay less so they omit some stuff.

For example:
We get Accord Touring I4 with 6MT, the sport model comes with car play, 7 spk premium audio and turn signals in mirrors. LED brake and tails on the EX-L and Touring where in US, all Accords have incandescent brake lights and LED tails.
Fit EX-L in Canada has Auto HVAC. HRV has dual zone HVAC in Canada. In the US, it's single only.

Acura ILX from 14-15 came with Tech package (Nav/ELS) with 6MT where it wasn't available in the US. MDX/RDX and TLX have power retracting mirrors and heated steering wheels that aren't available on US models. Read up more differences on Acurazine.

Enough about this. Back to topic.

CdnCvx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX MSM
Am I reading this right....no maintenance minder for LX or LX-P? My 2006 LX coupe has a maintenance minder. I thought it was a pretty basic feature.
From the specs above, all trims have Maintenance Minder, however how you access it depends on which display system you have.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic Coupe Specs Sheet, Owner's Guide, Manuals and Press Kit upload_2016-2-23_5-44-29

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
I love that chart that shows you how it compares to other models and 9 th gen. Shows that coupe is sportier but sedan is a better ride. Pretty cool

Owen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe
From the specs it looks like Honda Sensing is only on the Touring for the coupe, while it is available on all trims on the sedan. Likely due to lower coupe volumes and perhaps coupe drivers wanting more of a 'pure' driving experience.
I see why they would do this but as a younger driver myself buying my first new car, I want the sensing to help, but now that I would have to get the touring for it makes me a little disappointed. Hopefully there is a way to get it, but it doesn't seem that way.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
So if the ext comes with nice stereo the touring coupe should be cheaper? Since all the more you're getting is leather sensing leds rims ? Idk hopefully any way

Tonezorz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Series.Yellow BRZ, 2014 Legacy, 2015 Crosstrek. Previous: 2011 Miata GT PRHT 2009 Forester XT, 2007 Cobalt
Slightly off topic, but are there spec sheets for the sedan that are similar to these released for the coupe? Specifically anything talking about any suspension differences between trims, etc.

2001Celica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Celica, CR-V
This is slightly off topic but of related to both the sedan and coupe.
I'm not a huge fan of the touch screen entertainment system, but i want to know if it will respond to being touched by a glove

mty1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Impala LS
I am definitely curious about the pricing. I have been looking into getting the EX-L or touring in the sedan because it is convenient to have all the extra room, but come to think of it I am most of the time riding by myself and can count on both hands the times I've had passengers in the back seat. The coupe tends to be cheaper than the sedan so depending on the pricing it would definitely be something to consider for me.

Any of you guys have an idea of what the higher trims may go for in regards to pricing?

Honestly, I have been looking at several cars in the civic's class and you just get so many technology features (and that's an important aspect for me) compared to the corolla, cruze, mazda and focus (and I just can't get myself to like the body style of some of them like the corolla) that it has been difficult to find a reason of why I shouldn't get the civic, with exception of the price but I rather get a car I love than one I just like if I am making payments and going to have it for quite a while even if the price is higher.
Sponsored