2016 Civic Coupe Reviews [Compilation]

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
I agree Honda couldn't have done a better job on the redesign. I just bought the sedan (last 3 cars were coupe), but they look so good it doesn't even bother me and is actually really convenient when having passenger or my dogs in the car with me. Sure, the coupe is sweet, but gotta hand it to Honda for creating a sedan I wanted to buy!
I agree the sedan is really nice looking, I just like the design of the coupe better. I just want to see how practical it is to have passengers in the back of the coupe before I make a decision.
Sponsored

Jon Snow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic Blue Metallic
Country flag
You can. Its actually even touch sensitive on the steering wheel kinda like a mouse pad on a laptop. You dont have to press it in to raise or lower the volume but you could use it as a physical control tho if u want to. Ive gotten use to touch screen controls
There's something else I discovered about it through the manual. It supports "swipe" gestures -- fast up or down flicks. Swipe down mutes the volume, then a swipe up unmutes and restores volume back to where you had it. All in all, it's a pretty nifty little control that works well once you get used to it. I'd still prefer a manual volume dial in the center though, and I wish the steering wheel volume widget was on the left side of its area instead of the right as it would be easier to reach.

Last edited:

Diversion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Super jealous the coupe gets a black headliner.. Here's to hoping Honda makes a sedan with black headliner so I can do the swap later!

Edit: Doesn't seem all coupes get the black headliner.. Wonder which trim levels get it.. Probably the turbo up models?

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
It looks like Honda is planning some changes for the radio.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...hings-we-learned-about-the-honda-civic-coupe/

"A new update with more physical controls is on its way, we hear. Can't come quick enough."
Are they talking about soon, or for the 2017, or mid-gen refresh?

The lack of volume knob is something I complained about on the 9th gen, and when the 10th gen sedan was revealed, and the lack of HVAC fan speed button on the 10th. One or two people said I was making a big deal out of nothing, but considering the number of people that have ended up complaining about it, including R&T, I obviously wasn't being too picky.

Jacob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe LX-P
Super jealous the coupe gets a black headliner.. Here's to hoping Honda makes a sedan with black headliner so I can do the swap later!

Edit: Doesn't seem all coupes get the black headliner.. Wonder which trim levels get it.. Probably the turbo up models?
The black headliner was one of my favorite parts of the car.

I have an LX-P with the 2.0 and have the black headliner, so it's not just the turbo models. It's definitely sweet though.

HoNDA pARTS gUY_GA

Just a dude from Atlanta.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIVIC COUPE EX-T
I thought the button on the steering wheel is a physical button or could be used as a physical button.

It can be used either as a touch/swipe pad to raise volume or individual volume changes can be done by clicking the top or bottom of the button, both are tactile and really eliminate the need for even using the Display for volume control.

Though I'll agree with the sentiment, the touch screen volume adjustment is god awful.

DX2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I agree the sedan is really nice looking, I just like the design of the coupe better. I just want to see how practical it is to have passengers in the back of the coupe before I make a decision.
It's not. I'm pretty short and there's no headroom. And no power seats makes things a pain.

HoNDA pARTS gUY_GA

Just a dude from Atlanta.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIVIC COUPE EX-T
I'm 5"11 and was able to sit straight up in the back seat, he's correct there isn't a ton of headroom. Considering the coupe style though, much more usable than say a mustang. Leg room is superb for such a small car.

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
It's not. I'm pretty short and there's no headroom. And no power seats makes things a pain.
I sat in the back it's not bad, I'm about 5'7" I have about maybe 3-4 inches of clearance. I believe it will seat four comfortably, now I'm just waiting for a Aegean Blue EX-T or EX-L coupe to show up around June-ish and I'm set :D
Sponsored