2016 Civic Coupe Reviews [Compilation]

tcaudo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-t
I thought the button on the steering wheel is a physical button or could be used as a physical button.
You can. Its actually even touch sensitive on the steering wheel kinda like a mouse pad on a laptop. You dont have to press it in to raise or lower the volume but you could use it as a physical control tho if u want to. Ive gotten use to touch screen controls
Sponsored

Jon Snow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic Blue Metallic
Country flag
....Nah. Not really. Still loving my beautiful/handsome Civic Touring '16!:coffee::drive:
I'm still liking the sedan better, and not just because I bought one. I honestly think it looks a little cleaner and more natural. The coupe is not by any means bad or ugly though. Add in the added convenience of 4 doors and a larger back seat and trunk, and the fact that the coupe isn't really getting any upgraded gear, and the sedan wins. Si will be a different story though.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm still liking the sedan better, and not just because I bought one. I honestly think it looks a little cleaner and more natural. The coupe is not by any means bad or ugly though. Add in the added convenience of 4 doors and a larger back seat and trunk, and the fact that the coupe isn't really getting any upgraded gear, and the sedan wins. Si will be a different story though.
Actually, the coupe has a larger trunk space than the sedan. And the Coupe can be had with Standard alloy wheels on the LX and the 10 speaker touring stereo is standard on the EXT coupe. So the coupe does have a few things over the lower sedan trims. Combine that with the coupes stiffer tuned suspension and the really the only thing the sedan has over the coupe is back door convenience and larger back seat area. Again, not knocking the sedan, it's a spectacular car. But for anyone who doesn't need 4 doors the coupe is a way better use of money on lower trims due to the extra features added and larger trunk space.

Styling is subjective from person to person. The sedan looks outstanding. But the coupe for me is sex on wheels drawing alot of visual comparisons in shape to another of my favorite cars (the audi TT coupe) and nothing on gods green earth will keep me away from the coupe's sweet looking full width taillight bar.

Assolute

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Honda Civic DX Sedan
Country flag
Actually, the coupe has a larger trunk space than the sedan. And the Coupe can be had with Standard alloy wheels on the LX and the 10 speaker touring stereo is standard on the EXT coupe. So the coupe does have a few things over the lower sedan trims. Combine that with the coupes stiffer tuned suspension and the really the only thing the sedan has over the coupe is back door convenience and larger back seat area. Again, not knocking the sedan, it's a spectacular car. But for anyone who doesn't need 4 doors the coupe is a way better use of money on lower trims due to the extra features added and larger trunk space.

Styling is subjective from person to person. The sedan looks outstanding. But the coupe for me is sex on wheels drawing alot of visual comparisons in shape to another of my favorite cars (the audi TT coupe) and nothing on gods green earth will keep me away from the coupe's sweet looking full width taillight bar.

Which trim are you thinking of getting?

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Which trim are you thinking of getting?
I'm getting the EXT. It seems like the best value considering the features. Turbo engine, touch screen, 10-speaker stereo, 17 inch wheels, etc.

I have no need for leather interior, i actually prefer cloth, so no use for the EXL or Touring. And i definitely want the turbo, so that rules out the LX and LXP trims.

Jon Snow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic Blue Metallic
Country flag
Actually, the coupe has a larger trunk space than the sedan.
That's interesting, does it? It certainly looks a bit smaller than the sedan trunk in the photos I've seen. What is the actual cubic footage?

Also is the coupe getting better tires than the sedan? The Firestones on the Touring are pretty...meh. I'm gonna need to replace those.

Assolute

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Honda Civic DX Sedan
Country flag
I'm getting the EXT. It seems like the best value considering the features. Turbo engine, touch screen, 10-speaker stereo, 17 inch wheels, etc.

I have no need for leather interior, i actually prefer cloth, so no use for the EXL or Touring. And i definitely want the turbo, so that rules out the LX and LXP trims.
I can't decide which to get haha, stuck between EXT, EXL or Touring... Leaning towards touring

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's interesting, does it? It certainly looks a bit smaller than the sedan trunk in the photos I've seen. What is the actual cubic footage?

Also is the coupe getting better tires than the sedan? The Firestones on the Touring are pretty...meh. I'm gonna need to replace those.
Sorry my mistake, info was so back and forth i specifically heard a honda rep at the press event say the coupe had a slightly larger trunk than the sedan. The sedan does have a larger trunk space. But not by much.

And yes, the coupe has "better" tires than the sedan. They are grippier than the sedan tires. But the 9th gens were the same way, and while the coupe tires are better than the sedan, they're still pretty meh overall. Definitely a worth while upgrade for either the sedan or coupe.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can't decide which to get haha, stuck between EXT, EXL or Touring... Leaning towards touring
The touring just has a lot that i don't need. Leather, honda sensing, etc. No justification for me to spend the extra money for features i don't want/need. The EXT is exactly in the price point i want to pay for a new car and has 100% everything i want and nothing i don't want so it was an easy decision for me. I'd say, if you want leather and the other few added features the EXT doesn't have, skip the EXL and go all the way to the touring if you can afford it.

thomasok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Black Honda Accord EX-L, 2003 Blue Honda Accord EX-L
One thing that surprises me is the 450 watt, 10 speaker sound system on the EX-T Coupe and above when you have to get the Touring on the sedan to get that. I think that is a mistake on Honda's part. On the Accord Sedan the EX-L also gets the better stereo. I think when you are going up to that level, the better stereo should be there too. I hope Honda rectifies this in the 2017 models. Luckily I am not going to be buying anything new until at least the 2017 models come out so I'll get to see the hatchback and possibly the Si and how they reconfigure things. Who knows, the knobs for the radio might show up then (although I really don't care about that as I always use the steering wheel controls on the Accord). Might even wait until the 2018s so I can see what the new Accord is all about.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One thing that surprises me is the 450 watt, 10 speaker sound system on the EX-T Coupe and above when you have to get the Touring on the sedan to get that. I think that is a mistake on Honda's part. On the Accord Sedan the EX-L also gets the better stereo. I think when you are going up to that level, the better stereo should be there too. I hope Honda rectifies this in the 2017 models. Luckily I am not going to be buying anything new until at least the 2017 models come out so I'll get to see the hatchback and possibly the Si and how they reconfigure things. Who knows, the knobs for the radio might show up then (although I really don't care about that as I always use the steering wheel controls on the Accord). Might even wait until the 2018s so I can see what the new Accord is all about.
I've mentioned this before, i think the reason the coupe has the larger stereo on a lower trim is for 2 reasons. Reason A being how honda approached the appeal of the coupe, being all about style and what kind of people fit into the coupe demographic. The second reason being cost. I think the coupes are actually a bit cheaper for honda to produce than the sedans (less metal and plastic cost) so they make up the difference by adding other features like the larger more expensive sound system in order to make the coupe and sedan price more closely match. This has been the case for some time, 8th and 9th gen coupes always had bigger stereos than the sedans on lower trims (6 vs 4 speakers) and i think that is all about making sure the coupe and sedan are priced as closely as possible.

LBug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I agree Honda couldn't have done a better job on the redesign. I just bought the sedan (last 3 cars were coupe), but they look so good it doesn't even bother me and is actually really convenient when having passenger or my dogs in the car with me. Sure, the coupe is sweet, but gotta hand it to Honda for creating a sedan I wanted to buy!
Sponsored