2016 Civic Coupe Reviews [Compilation]

tcaudo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-t
Well said, RobbJK88!

Only other things I would want to add is the improved (arguably) ergonomics for the driver with the longer door and windows, which Vtak Groceries also mentioned, and that the coupe is the basis for the SI and the Type R.

Also, for me, and this is entirely just only about style and personal appeal, but I've always liked the interior space of coupes. There is something about it, that it's smaller, more of a closed in and personal space.

Automotive critics a lot of times suck at actually critiquing cars. I recommend not clicking the MotorTrend link. They are the ones who posted the awful Youtube review "the slowest supercar ever?" of the NSX, and then proceeded to bash the car without providing any tests, track times, or any discussion at all as to why they labeled it the "slowest supercar ever?"
The coupe definitely is more aggressive looking. There should always be a coupe version! Options are never a bad thing in my mind.
Sponsored

TyBu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Super jealous of people getting the coupe. I needed a car months ago or I would've been all over it :)

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well said, RobbJK88!

Only other things I would want to add is the improved (arguably) ergonomics for the driver with the longer door and windows, which Vtak Groceries also mentioned, and that the coupe is the basis for the SI and the Type R.

Also, for me, and this is entirely just only about style and personal appeal, but I've always liked the interior space of coupes. There is something about it, that it's smaller, more of a closed in and personal space.

Automotive critics a lot of times suck at actually critiquing cars. I recommend not clicking the MotorTrend link. They are the ones who posted the awful Youtube review "the slowest supercar ever?" of the NSX, and then proceeded to bash the car without providing any tests, track times, or any discussion at all as to why they labeled it the "slowest supercar ever?"
Agreed totally! I would've said more in my initial post but I was at work at the time. I too like the more intimate interior space of a coupe. Feeling more closed in like the car is wrapped around me as opposed to sedans that tend to be more wide open and airy feeling.

I have lost so much faith in motortrend over the years. My guess is Honda quit paying them for articles and so now all they can do is bash it. The new civic in any form is now the class leading compact car in most regards. And yet they can only seem to nitpick minor issues like the delay of the manual. The lack of a physical volume knob and it's slightly numb steering. News flash! 95% of cars have numb steering now because of electric power steering systems! And how many luxury cars now have zero physical buttons and instead just a giant touch screen (tesla is just one). And the manual transmission is coming now. So what is there still to gripe about?

They raved over the concept and then called the sedan over styled and busy despite sharing 90% of its look with the concept car. And I find most big auto reviewers/magazines have the same issue. Maybe they're jaded because they drive lambos and Teslas on a daily basis that a humble civic seems just that terrible by comparison. But in the real world of mass market appeal the new civic manages to tick all the boxes for a strong daily driver as well as a fun budget minded enthusiasts car.

The look of the coupe is subjective. Like all style. Some people love it some people prefer the sedan. I personally couldn't imagine Honda doing a better job on the new civics. Especially after the 9th gen was so so bland (I've owned 2 so I know).

Assolute

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Honda Civic DX Sedan
Country flag
Another big reason I love the Coupe is.. Well.. Most of my friends are married with kids now so they have to have that Sedan, pulling up in a Coupe I always get the "Damn, I wish I could drive a Coupe" from them. I feel like most of my friends WANT a coupe, but are stuck with the sedan to be "responsible". The coupe lovers are not a dying breed! :p

Owen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe
The coupe appeals to younger buyers, and that is such an important demographic. (Heck, the whole of Scion was created just for that purpose.) The idea is that if you get a young buyer, with the right product you can gain a customer for life. Every automaker is after young buyers, and the coupe - simply by being a more attractive/sportier version of a smart automotive purchase - achieves that goal.

This has even further reach when you consider the used market. Naturally the very youngest buyers generally purchase used cars, and the Civic coupe is immensely popular in this respect. While that particular purchase doesn't equate to new-car sales for Honda, its satisfied owner is very likely to keep buying Honda products, eventually new.

Beyond just age, the coupe consumer is generally more of an "enthusiast," relatively speaking. More likely to spend money on accessories, make repeat purchases (to keep up with trends - as coupe buyers tend to be more trend-conscious) and have more of an automotive forum presence, which is also very valuable to Honda.

So for the automotive press to dismiss this all on account of spaciousness is very short-sighted. The coupe is actually a very important product.
Well they did something right because I am a young buyer and they have my order!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 civic si
A lot of people might think something is ugly when all we have been accustomed to are bubble like cars that all start looking the same......it's rare to see cars that are not the norm....think outside the box....I like it the civic coupe but I think it Will look a lot better in person

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A lot of people might think something is ugly when all we have been accustomed to are bubble like cars that all start looking the same......it's rare to see cars that are not the norm....think outside the box....I like it the civic coupe but I think it Will look a lot better in person
I think alot of the "bubble" look is perceived because of the tail light bar going so far up onto the already slanted trunk. The actual back end of the car is relatively flat, but looks bulbous because of the position of the light bar across the mid trunk.

Assolute

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Honda Civic DX Sedan
Country flag

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought the button on the steering wheel is a physical button or could be used as a physical button.
From what i've read it can. You can click it like a button or slide your finger up and down like a slider.
Sponsored