2016 Civic Coupe Recall Announced for Rear Sidemarker Lights

midiman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring
TORRANCE, California — American Honda Motor Co. is recalling 11,846 2016 Honda Civic Coupes in the U.S. because of a rear light problem, the automaker said on Wednesday.

"Certain taillight assemblies may have a light-emitting diode side marker light circuit board that was damaged during transit from a parts supplier, making the marker light inoperable," Honda said in a statement. "Affected vehicles with an inoperative rear side marker light may have decreased visibility in traffic, increasing the risk of a crash."

Honda said it has received no related customer or dealer reports linked to the recall.

The problem was discovered during routine vehicle inspections at the factory.

Honda dealers will inspect the rear side marker lights to determine if they illuminate properly. If necessary, the rear light assembly will be replaced.

The recall is expected to begin in early September. Owners can contact Honda customer service at 1-888-234-2138.

No information about the recall has been posted on the website of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, which oversees vehicle safety in the U.S.
Sponsored

SilverII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring
I think mine is ok. It lights up fine

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 black pearl Civic EX-T coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
TORRANCE, California — American Honda Motor Co. is recalling 11,846 2016 Honda Civic Coupes in the U.S. because of a rear light problem, the automaker said on Wednesday.

"Certain taillight assemblies may have a light-emitting diode side marker light circuit board that was damaged during transit from a parts supplier, making the marker light inoperable," Honda said in a statement. "Affected vehicles with an inoperative rear side marker light may have decreased visibility in traffic, increasing the risk of a crash."

Honda said it has received no related customer or dealer reports linked to the recall.

The problem was discovered during routine vehicle inspections at the factory.

Honda dealers will inspect the rear side marker lights to determine if they illuminate properly. If necessary, the rear light assembly will be replaced.

The recall is expected to begin in early September. Owners can contact Honda customer service at 1-888-234-2138.

No information about the recall has been posted on the website of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, which oversees vehicle safety in the U.S.
So my dealership called weeks ago about this recall brought it in no problems found :cool:

Devcom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic EX-T Coupe 1.5L T, 2020 Camaro LT1 6.2L V8, 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 4.0L L6
Country flag
I wonder if my new Coupe will be affected since mine was built back in May. I will have to check the side marker when I get a chance.

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wonder if my new Coupe will be affected since mine was built back in May. I will have to check the side marker when I get a chance.
Mine was built in April apparently no issues:thumbsup:

i10v3am7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic coupe lx
Why not just replace it IF it goes out? I mean, a side marker light isn't a big deal. Most people don't even notice them. But I know, they are legally required to cover theirs butts.

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I second that!
Lol right, went Honda dealer today for my free nitrogen tire deal and ask the service mgr about that and he said never heard of it :lol: