2016 Civic Coupe EX-L /Modern Steel Metallic

NickfromSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep masked everything off with that 3M Green tape, and then covered literally every part of the car that wasn't being painted and used that bumper/trim paint so it lasts...
yeah I plasti dip'd the chrome grill and didn't like it... it just didnt look clean plus after driving to the beach a few times rocks had chipped away to the chrome... which was why I got the actual black grill off an RS from Thailand.
Yeah, if I get around to doing it again, I'll have to throw a painters tarp over the rest of the car. Overspray freakin sucks. How many layers of that bumper paint did you use? Did you use a clear on top? I might do it this weekend.

I wish these car manufactures would make it an option to Get these trims solid black instead of the fake chrome . It's tacky looking.
Sponsored

OP
OP

TedBCivicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
Yeah, if I get around to doing it again, I'll have to throw a painters tarp over the rest of the car. Overspray freakin sucks. How many layers of that bumper paint did you use? Did you use a clear on top? I might do it this weekend.

I wish these car manufactures would make it an option to Get these trims solid black instead of the fake chrome . It's tacky looking.
many thin coats and the last coat was the thickest, no clear

OP
OP

TedBCivicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
Haven't posted in over a year but that's only because everything with the car has been great... Decided to add a roof spoiler, pretty simple install but def need 2 people.. I didn't mount it up against the roof only because I feel closing that gap along the top but leaving it open on the sides would invite bugs and dirt, I followed the glass edge, plus rain can still drain normally.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic Coupe EX-L /Modern Steel Metallic IMG_20181030_164259

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic Coupe EX-L /Modern Steel Metallic IMG_20181030_164254

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic Coupe EX-L /Modern Steel Metallic IMG_20181030_164317

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic Coupe EX-L /Modern Steel Metallic IMG_20181030_164311

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic Coupe EX-L /Modern Steel Metallic IMG_20181030_164306

Rannhl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice...where did you order your roof spoiler from? Also, do you have door sills made for a coupe?
Sponsored