2016 Civic Coupe EX-L /Modern Steel Metallic

DjinTonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring, silver.
Country flag
Looks very nice! Can exhaust tips affect the warranty?
Sponsored

Last edited:

misterbrazyho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe LX-P
i used a thin flathead screwdriver with a cloth
Thanks! I managed to pop it out but the hole actually wasn't big enough for me to fit my key fob inside. I have a 2016 Civic Coupe as well, but I own the LX-P trim so that may be why it didn't work for me.

OP
OP

TedBCivicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
just used a thin flathead with a cloth so it didn't scratch.

jm33561

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 Honda CR-V EX
Country flag
All you do is remove the blank... done lol.

WP_20160815_09_06_43_Pro.jpg
Is there much rattle noise? I had always put mine in the door handle and sometimes get an annoying rattle.

I like the idea though!

OP
OP

TedBCivicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am thinking about doing LEDs low beam and fog lights as well. How is the visibility on the road? is it much better than stock halogens?
...the visibility is almost identical, just a clean white instead of that yellow halogen blah. I did the high beams only because it looked like lemonade when I'd turn on my high beams and I couldn't stand it.

NickfromSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When you painted all the chrome black, how did you do it? Did you mask it off while it was on the car and then paint? or remove the pieces first.

Months ago i tried plasti-dipping all the chrome on my sedan. It took me about 5 hours to mask everything off and to lay on 5 coats. It was my first time using plastidip, and i didnt know that youre only supposed to lay two coats quickly, and then peel off the tape while its still wet so that the plastidip doesnt peel off with the tape, thus; It came out like shit. I was very discouraged and didnt want to bother with all the setup again, not to mention all the overspray that i noticed the following day :mad: That took me another 2 hours to clay bar the entire car and get it all off.

I don't think ill ever paint parts while theyre attached to the vehicle again.

OP
OP

TedBCivicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you painted all the chrome black, how did you do it? Did you mask it off while it was on the car and then paint? or remove the pieces first.

Months ago i tried plasti-dipping all the chrome on my sedan. It took me about 5 hours to mask everything off and to lay on 5 coats. It was my first time using plastidip, and i didnt know that youre only supposed to lay two coats quickly, and then peel off the tape while its still wet so that the plastidip doesnt peel off with the tape, thus; It came out like shit. I was very discouraged and didnt want to bother with all the setup again, not to mention all the overspray that i noticed the following day :mad: That took me another 2 hours to clay bar the entire car and get it all off.

I don't think ill ever paint parts while theyre attached to the vehicle again.
Yep masked everything off with that 3M Green tape, and then covered literally every part of the car that wasn't being painted and used that bumper/trim paint so it lasts...
yeah I plasti dip'd the chrome grill and didn't like it... it just didnt look clean plus after driving to the beach a few times rocks had chipped away to the chrome... which was why I got the actual black grill off an RS from Thailand.
Sponsored