2016 Civic Coupe: Detroit Auto Show

deevel79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord Sport
Dont like. The rear 3/4 looks strange and those wheels are terrible.
Sponsored

Shralper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Acura RSX Type S
Country flag
Still would like to see the coupe with the trunk open just to see how hard it would be to get a bicycle in there.
I still don't understand why they didn't make it a liftback like the old RSX and Integra. It's so much more practical.

jks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RSX
Country flag
Shralper, my thoughts exactly. I've been looking at the new Hyundai Ioniq which has not been officially "revealed" and from all the photos you'd swear that the trunk line is below the rear glass making it a sedan. But no. Watch the hatch in action at the end of this teaser video:

Maybe there's still a surprise for the Civic Coupe.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
They should show the car with touring wheels. Accessory wheels don't match this car at all. And is it just me, or does the car's rear end look way too short from the side profile?
I was thinking the exact same two things.
Hate those wheels.
And wow, the rear wheels look like they're pushed way far back. I can live with it though, especially if it rides better. But if I wasn't used to seeing the Scion Tc (with a similar look), it would look bad to me.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
I wished they would have used the coupe tail lights on the sedan. I like the way it goes all the way across the trunk.
I don't think the whole thing lights up does it? In the video someone posted of the coupe on the street in Canada, it didn't seem to when it braked, so I assumed the middle portion is a reflector. But it was in the day, and not a great video.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
You would think that they would of brought another color by now. Coupe looks great. Si is going to be smoking hot. Curious to see if coupe weighs 100 less.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The rear lights are awesome, no doubt. From the side though, the rear fender area looks "off" to me... too short maybe. Or, maybe it's that wavy crease in the metal, I'm not sure. Overall I think the proportions look a bit better on the sedan. It will be really interesting to see how the hatch turns out.

Jesse H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Vehicle Showcase
So I know they lowered the roof line on the coupe but does it sit lower on the suspension as well? I'd love to put 18" wheels on one of these but if the accessory wheels shown are 17", larger wheels seem like they'd be an awful tight fit.

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda CRV EXL, 2004 Acura TSX Manual Previous: 92 Mazda MX6 GT, 93 Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4, 99 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Interesting it doesn't look like it has a leather steering wheel but rather molded plastic (ewwwww). Strange since the seats seem like leather.

hal9000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Does seem to have the full leather interior and shift knob but the vinyl steering wheel. You'd think they'd want a leather wheel for the show circuit. Pretty strange.
Interesting it doesn't look like it has a leather steering wheel but rather molded plastic (ewwwww). Strange since the seats seem like leather.

cdmta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Lunar Silver
Country flag
May not be a touring. Don't see the lane keep button. Leather steering wheel should be on touring.

hal9000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Would probably have LED headlights if it were a touring. Just strange they'd give the coupe a full leather interior including the shift knob..but not the steering wheel like the ex-l sedan. Even appears to have the auto dimming mirror of the ex-l as well.
May not be a touring. Don't see the lane keep button. Leather steering wheel should be on touring.

Last edited:

Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
I can't wait to see this car in person I'm driving up to Detroit Sunday
Sponsored