2016 Civic Coupe: Detroit Auto Show

amalgamate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I might be in the minority but I like it all the way around. I like the wheels and the back doesn't look too short to me. Also, this blue color is great.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
I might be in the minority but I like it all the way around. I like the wheels and the back doesn't look too short to me. Also, this blue color is great.
I kinda wish that was the stock EXT EXL love the spoiler and those rims are better then stock EXT rims.

4DBox

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silver EXT, 2018 Volt
Country flag
I like it better than the sedan that is to say its less Accord-like and more Civic-like, at least from the side view. The Accord and Civic are starting to look very similar, I would prefer more differentiation between the two.

Where are the tail pipes? Instant fail in sporty factor. How hard would it be to insert a center cutout with a dual tip outlet, that would look so much better. Maybe that large back bumper insert will be modded by Honda for the Si to include pipes. One can hope.

The wheels are not bad, IMO much better than the stock sedan "feet" wheels, but the silver look is just too bright. If the same wheels were a dark bronze color (or black) they would be way more attractive.

Last edited:

Shralper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Acura RSX Type S
Country flag
I like the rear end, but the side profile is reminiscent of a Scion. I agree the rear end appears too short in proportion to the rest of the car. I'm biased, but I gotta say I like the look of the sedan a lot more than this coupe. I'm sure the hatchback will be stunning though.
Funny how everyone has their own opinions. I'm the exact opposite. I love the short overhang in the back. And I LOVE the sideview of the coupe. Nice silhouette and not too many creases (unlike the sedan). In fact, the only part about the coupe that i don't care for is all the creases in the back, along with the clearly-fake airvents in the bumper. It looks way too busy for my tastes. I wish it was more smoothed out like the sides.

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Working at a Honda dealership and seeing the stock Civic wheels on all trim levels... I have to disagree with a few of you here... these wheels look way better than the standard wheels...

overall great pics and amazing looking car in that blue... seeing this has me wanting to wait even more for the Si/R versions...

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone else see the 'Transmission System Problem'? lol

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Working at a Honda dealership and seeing the stock Civic wheels on all trim levels... I have to disagree with a few of you here... these wheels look way better than the standard wheels...

overall great pics and amazing looking car in that blue... seeing this has me wanting to wait even more for the Si/R versions...
Of course that's just your opinion, as are the ones not liking these wheels. No one is wrong. And we've all see the stock wheels on all trims too. :)

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Of course that's just your opinion, as are the ones not liking these wheels. No one is wrong. And we've all see the stock wheels on all trims too. :)
It is my opinion... I'm simply surprised at how many people here don't like the wheels pictured... I was just making a point to disagree with them, not saying my word is law...

Personally I don't care for any of the recent Honda wheels with the black on them with the exception of the 2016 Accord Sport wheels...

Shralper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Acura RSX Type S
Country flag
Shralper, my thoughts exactly. I've been looking at the new Hyundai Ioniq which has not been officially "revealed" and from all the photos you'd swear that the trunk line is below the rear glass making it a sedan. But no. Watch the hatch in action at the end of this teaser video:

Maybe there's still a surprise for the Civic Coupe.
Yes, if a liftback is done right, it can look exactly like a trunk (like my RSX).

Unfortunately I'm afraid it's too late for the coupe. Look at the pics on this site with the trunk open.

Shralper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Acura RSX Type S
Country flag

Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
I went and saw the car in Detroit yesterday and it looks great I would still buy a sedan over it because I always have people riding in my back seat but If I didn't I would probably choose a Coupe
Sponsored