Razer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HR-V
Amazing info and detail on that exhaust brace, thank you for looking into that and answering my question. I really like all the little details and things that go into vehicles, lot of fun for me anyway.

I am sad/worried about the March roll-out though, I am waiting on an Si version of the sedan most likely and not the coupe. I'll be in the market in August next year and needing to get a car and if the Si is two or three months after the coupe I'd assume we will not get it until the 2017 model year! August would be cutting it close as the Si is already a rare bird around here and me finding one in time to get it might be hard. I sure hope the Si roll out is quicker than I'm fearing but seeing as it now appears March before any more news at all I'm concerned. Hate to have to go looking for a backup car as my heart is set on an Si.
Sponsored

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
^^ That would be one of the last parts I would worry about.

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Q: Why are the exhaust tips hidden?
A: It is in keeping with Honda's green image.
So that IS why! Some sharp members (forgot who) on this forum guessed it. I would've thought the hard push for a sportier image (especially for the coupe) would have negated that whole "green image"

At least we know the Civic Type R will not suffer the same fate from the spy photos. Seems like the Si is now hanging in the balance on many fronts, whether it swings more sporty, enthusiast/hardcore or more mainstream/watered down... in terms of transmission options, engine, exhaust, and design.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Funny, I never knew hiding exhaust makes it greener. Guess factories, ships, aircraft, etc should start hiding their exhaust. :doh:

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Now I have to decide.. Sedan or Coupe ?? Or wait for the hatchback or wet dream about the Type-R

Shralper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Acura RSX Type S
Country flag
Good news:

It looks awesome and sounds like it is everything we hoped it would be.

Bad news:

Its not a liftback. I have no idea why. If they were worried about how it might look, well, my RSX is a liftback but you would never know it by the lines. It looks like a trunk. It's a sneaky hatchback, if you will. Insanely practical. Amazing how much stuff I can carry in it.

It won't be available til March. That most likely means the SI most likely won't be available for almost another year. It's a long complicated story, but it puts a huge cramp in my personal family vehicle situation.

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm in need of a new car before this coupé will launch and I love the sedan so I'm set on that for now... But the Si coupé could buy me over if it comes with a nice 1.8T-2.0T 6MT... I think it would have to come with 230-250hp for me to consider it over the 1.5T though... That sort of bump in power would put it in the range of the current offerings since 2006 Civics... I won't consider the Si if its anything under 225hp...

Shralper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Acura RSX Type S
Country flag
That cutout might have saved an 8th of a pound. Maybe. But in the game of fuel economy every additional gram matters.

The more i see it in that blue the more i love that color... was set on WOP, but might have to consider the aegean blue as well. I'll know for sure when i see it in WOP.
Im digging it in the blue as well...more than I thought I would. Reminds me of my RSX-S

iamjack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Once again, gorgeous prototype, although I'm not sold on that spoiler. Maybe I'll just have to suck it up and wait for the Si lol
The spoiler is an optional accessory anyway. I want to see the stock car without all the extra bits.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Man looking at the pigment of this blue is so deep. I wish they had a red metallic with such deep pigment. Someone said the rally red looks weird in person. Will have to wait and see. Saw it on a fit but need to see on civic. Hardest part is choosing color on my coupe. I plan on having car Atleast eight years assuming all goes as planned.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man looking at the pigment of this blue is so deep. I wish they had a red metallic with such deep pigment. Someone said the rally red looks weird in person. Will have to wait and see. Saw it on a fit but need to see on civic. Hardest part is choosing color on my coupe. I plan on having car Atleast eight years assuming all goes as planned.
Was thinking about that yesterday, since i plan on financing instead of leasing i'm going to have this car at least 5 years if not more so i can't be as flippant about the color. I had my heart set on WOP but seeing the blue makes me think again. I figure i'll wait to see them both in person and make my decision then. haha.

Viet_Racer

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic EM1
Country flag
Amazing info and detail on that exhaust brace, thank you for looking into that and answering my question. I really like all the little details and things that go into vehicles, lot of fun for me anyway.

I am sad/worried about the March roll-out though, I am waiting on an Si version of the sedan most likely and not the coupe. I'll be in the market in August next year and needing to get a car and if the Si is two or three months after the coupe I'd assume we will not get it until the 2017 model year! August would be cutting it close as the Si is already a rare bird around here and me finding one in time to get it might be hard. I sure hope the Si roll out is quicker than I'm fearing but seeing as it now appears March before any more news at all I'm concerned. Hate to have to go looking for a backup car as my heart is set on an Si.
That's exactly what I was thinking. My guess is the Si comes out as a 2017 MY and it'll be good timing as the manual for the 1.5L will be offered by then.

What's your backup car? After seeing the coupe and figuring the Si will look even better borrowing some styling from the concept, I think I have no choice but to wait. Hard to find anything comparable at this price range.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
So I was just playing with the configurator on the sedan and the interior is black for that blue. But The Picture of the coupe is the gray??? So is going to be different for sedan/ coupe? I like the dark interior on that blue...
Sponsored