serif

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
9G Accord V6 Slushbox Sedan
I can recall being this excited when the 8th gen dropped while i was in high school. My 2007 coupe was my first new car (got it all on my own, no help from parents, my aunt did cosign though) and i was obsessed with that car, following every article and leaked picture that came about. I had none of that excitement for the 9th gen... even though i had both a 13 sedan and now a 14 coupe, they just never excited me at all, and i started to stray away from honda, looking into hyundai and kia instead. I was also considering an accord coupe. But this new civic renewed my inner fanboy and has restored my lost faith in honda as a fun car maker.
I'm in a similar boat. As soon as they announced the 8th gen Si sedan, I was all over it. 8thcivic forum, Photoshops, planned mods, everything. My 07 was the first new car I ever bought, having driven used Hondas and Acuras (and a Volvo wagon, because college) previously. Then Honda lost its way with the 9th gen, and I switched to BMW for a while. After reliability nightmares, I followed my head instead of my heart with my current car, and it's a fine car, but it just isn't very exciting. The 10th gen has me excited again. I already told the wife my next car is an Si, just waiting to see what actually emerges spec-wise.
Sponsored

Hermie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Civic Sedan, 69 Mustang.
I'm wondering how well the existing (15) 1.8 in a turbo would have worked out.

I bet it still would have gotten good mileage and pushed the 200hp mark easily..

This, like the sedan is killer in white.

nathanzachary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2004 Integra Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I may be mistaken, but it looks like that is a manual transmission, but also has the 7" display. The sedan doesn't have any option for that. Am I wrong?

Hermie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Civic Sedan, 69 Mustang.
I may be mistaken, but it looks like that is a manual transmission, but also has the 7" display. The sedan doesn't have any option for that. Am I wrong?
From what I can see, the shifter looks linear. Same console pattern as the Sedan. I suspect for a M/T, the opening cannot be as narrow as the Auto is.

Do we have console shots of the LX MT?

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The sedan has the same 7 inch display. And that is not a manual. It has a leather shift boot, but it's an automatic. Same as the sedan.

nathanzachary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The sedan has the same 7 inch display. And that is not a manual. It has a leather shift boot, but it's an automatic. Same as the sedan.
My fault. It looked like the MT. That's the only thing that I don't like about the MT is that it has the cheap-looking smaller display. Thanks for letting me know that it is a CVT, and not an MT.

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Country flag
My fault. It looked like the MT. That's the only thing that I don't like about the MT is that it has the cheap-looking smaller display. Thanks for letting me know that it is a CVT, and not an MT.
In Canada the LX model comes with the 7" display, so we get that combination with the manual.

nathanzachary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In Canada the LX model comes with the 7" display, so we get that combination with the manual.
I noticed that on the Canadian site. Way to rub it in. :p I'm actually trying to see if I can get the CA version in the US. However, I may just buy the US version and swap the head unit at some point.

Shortbus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Fit Blue Sensation
Great coverage and pics. Looks like a lot of interest in the car by the press. Love the Hyundai guy checking out the car wondering how can we copy this great design lol.

KDHONDA86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Civic DX-G Sedan 5MT
After seeing this Im not sure if I can pull the trigger on a Lx manual sedan. Tired of waiting- especially for a manual turbo option. This 18 month rollout has to be the biggest tease Honda has put us through.I trust they know what they are doing.

KDHONDA86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Civic DX-G Sedan 5MT
Has anyone here test driven the LX manual in the states? Is the 6th gear ratio at least keeping the rpm's low at highway speeds?? Waiting for one to come into our store up here. Not ready to switch to CVT.

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
After seeing this Im not sure if I can pull the trigger on a Lx manual sedan. Tired of waiting- especially for a manual turbo option. This 18 month rollout has to be the biggest tease Honda has put us through.I trust they know what they are doing.
6 models/variants rollout over 1.5 years is actually very ambitious and fast so I think we're lucky it's not an even longer period.

foehammerone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Looks awesome!!! Almost like the concept. If this is the EX-L, it looks like it will have the premium sound system - you can see the speaker in the middle of the dash. Typically the Civic/Accord EX Coupe and above come with the premium sound system. I will be really interested in an EX-T 1.5 turbo with 6 speed manual when it comes out - or might just go in on an Si. Damn that's a nice looking coupe!

OP
OP
administrator

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Looks awesome!!! Almost like the concept. If this is the EX-L, it looks like it will have the premium sound system - you can see the speaker in the middle of the dash. Typically the Civic/Accord EX Coupe and above come with the premium sound system. I will be really interested in an EX-T 1.5 turbo with 6 speed manual when it comes out - or might just go in on an Si. Damn that's a nice looking coupe!
Yes, confirmed this is the EX-L model. :thumbsup:

Revver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Subaru Legacy SE Sedan
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic Coupe Auto Show Debut (More Photos/Video/Q&A) {filename}

Very interesting about this part. On one hand I like the effort if it in fact saves weight. I agree it must be nominal grams we're talking and I gotta wonder if there were not better choices to mess with for minor savings. I'm assuming this is still an early pre production vehicle and the production version will have better welding and be more finished looking. I just hope that this part holds up over time and doesn't require more expensive or complicated repairs. Minor nitpicking really. The car really looks fantastic and being a Honda I give my benefit of the doubt that it's well made and reliable.
Sponsored