Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
CivicX.com recently did some patent searching and came across these official patent images filed by Honda for both the 10th generation Civic Coupe and Sedan. These reveal in detail what the production models will look like. We did not find any images yet for the 5-door hatchback, which will also be brought to the US market in this next generation Honda Civic.

As expected (and as we showed in recent spy photos), the production Civic Coupe sticks closely to the green Concept model debuted at the 2014 NYIAS. So what's different?

No surprise, the overall bodywork has been toned down from the concept coupe. The biggest differences are the front and rear bumper designs which have smaller and less aggressive air vents and lines, although higher performance models of the coupe may come closer to the concept's design, as patent drawings are typically for the most basic model.

The rear spoiler is also not present in the drawings, although we may see the same rear spoiler from the concept on an Civic Si model, or as a factory option. The wheels and side mirrors are of course, also smaller compared to that on the concept. The headlights are slightly different, although it appears that the LED daytime running light strips that run along the bottom of the concept's headlights might have been retained.

What is retained however, is one of our favorite features of the concept -- the wraparound tail lights!

The sedan on the other hand does not receive the wraparound tail lights, but of course has the added functionality of two extra doors.

2016 CIVIC COUPE DRAWINGS

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic coupe and sedan design patent drawings revealed! 2016-civic-1
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic coupe and sedan design patent drawings revealed! 2016-civic-2
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic coupe and sedan design patent drawings revealed! 2016-civic-3
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic coupe and sedan design patent drawings revealed! 2016-civic-4
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic coupe and sedan design patent drawings revealed! 2016-civic-5
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic coupe and sedan design patent drawings revealed! 2016-civic-6

2016 CIVIC SEDAN DRAWINGS

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic coupe and sedan design patent drawings revealed! 2016-civicsedan-1
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic coupe and sedan design patent drawings revealed! 2016-civicsedan-2
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic coupe and sedan design patent drawings revealed! 2016-civicsedan-3
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic coupe and sedan design patent drawings revealed! 2016-civicsedan-4
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic coupe and sedan design patent drawings revealed! 2016-civicsedan-5
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic coupe and sedan design patent drawings revealed! 2016-civicsedan-6
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic coupe and sedan design patent drawings revealed! 2016-civicsedan-7

COMPARISON TO THE CIVIC CONCEPT:

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic coupe and sedan design patent drawings revealed! 2016-civic compare-1

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic coupe and sedan design patent drawings revealed! 2016-civic compare-5

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic coupe and sedan design patent drawings revealed! 2016-civic compare-2

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic coupe and sedan design patent drawings revealed! 2016-civic compare-3

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic coupe and sedan design patent drawings revealed! 2016-civic compare-4

Last edited:

H_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Si
Damn what a find guys. Coupe looks great!! They definitely kept it close to the concept while making it fit for production.

martyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boring Accord family hauler
This light is gonna look awesome when lit up at night.
Props to Honda for keeping the light exactly like concept

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic coupe and sedan design patent drawings revealed! 2016-civic compare-4

Guzmannn

Threads
Reaction score
Coupe looks damn close to the concept that's for sure. Bet if you colored the images green some people wouldn't be able to tell.

What surprised me is the sedan actually looks great to me and better than what I woulda imagined from the spy pics. Reminds me of a Kia Optima a little since they've caught on to the trend and made it a sedan-coupe by giving it a coupe like roofline.

Shralper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Acura RSX Type S
Country flag
These reveal the final product design.

Last edited by a moderator:

nade shot

Threads
Reaction score
Gotta love what patent diving turns up lol. Am I seeing this right - it looks like the coupe is a liftback afterall? Sedan blows away the current one.

Jon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic Si
I'm really feeling the coupe. I would for them to come out with that coupe Type R.

BeStCivicEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Civic Si modified, 2008 Honda Civic Ex
Looks good kinda looks like an accord. I think there should a spoiler on it one that is raised but other then that it looks like it will be a head turner for sure

Shralper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Acura RSX Type S
Country flag
I really hope the coupe will have a liftback just like my RSX. It's amazing how much stuff I can put in it with the back seats down. It's as functional as a hatchback but doesn't look like one.

Jon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic Si
Wish the civic coupe had the LED light on the bottom like the concept

///Mookster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
@Administrator thanks for adding the comparison images. You can see they kept it REALLY close! Down to the 3 character lines on the side, hood, and trunk.

Overhangs look a little longer than concept but acceptable to me.

Tuttle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBR600RR
I really hope the coupe will have a liftback just like my RSX. It's amazing how much stuff I can put in it with the back seats down. It's as functional as a hatchback but doesn't look like one.
Me too. Was considering the 5 door hatch for its function but if the coupe gets a liftback then might go for the coupe since it should look better.

NIN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas 4 life
Pretty much what I expected. Basically the Civic concept is bigger wheels, lowered and a spoiler. One thing I do prefer on the concept is the lower intake design - that one piece design in the patent is a bit boring compared to the concept's boomerang look.
Sponsored