2016 Civic build & price available on Honda Canada site

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Honda Canada have once again broken my heart. I really would like to buy the optional rims and mount them with the factory tires. The factory rims in turn would be great for a set of winter tires. This was our plan for our HRV. Only problem with my plan was the optional rim price is doubled in Canada. ($2,100 vs $1,100). Looks like this holds true for the Civic pricing. The optional wheels are $2,175. Much more than the exchange factor would account for. Looks like steel rims for the winters again. If Honda would play nice I would be buying two sets of optional rims.

Forgot to mentioned there were dealers in the he U.S. that had the rims discounted to about $850. Tempted to drive down and buy a set but don't know what the duty would be.
What's wrong with running steelies? The black and metal finish on Honda wheels will surely be damaged throughout the winter anyway so dropping $2k only for them to get f***** up is just financially unwise. It's not like you got to the wrong place or crashed your car running steelies. If you insist on alloy, I'd get aftermarket anyway because it's probably less expensive.
Sponsored

CivicNut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T (WOP), 2019 Pilot Touring (Black)
Country flag
Cosmic Blue is still a phantom :( but atleast im able to see all accessories offered.. I think 165 (124 US dollars) is too much for all weather mats and a trunk mat.. (they are sold separately for 165 each)
Canadian color choice is quite bland burgundy, black, white, Lunar silver, metallic silver ... Missing the fun rallye red, neither of the two blues.

taigebu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Canadian color choice is quite bland burgundy, black, white, Lunar silver, metallic silver ... Missing the fun rallye red, neither of the two blues.
Yeah I don't get it... Whyyy ?? Will we have to wait for 2017 Civics to get more color or it will come by early next year ?

CivicNut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I don't get it... Whyyy ?? Will we have to wait for 2017 Civics to get more color or it will come by early next year ?
No clue! Like a lot of things so far, not much has been shared - information flow has been painfully slow (or perhaps we're too anxious about our beloved CivicX)... except a quote in a Driving.ca review that says "Sadly, Canada does not get the racy red the U.S. enjoys."

Don't know if they will offer the rest of the colors or not, and if so when? Although not easy, I could make myself wait for a month or two if someone confirms Rallye Red will be offered soon!

Marks85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
I did a build and price for my dealership in Windsor, Ontario and the Ex without honda sensing came to 27, 400 with tax and all the charges. Do you guys think it's too much for that trim or is that usually standard.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I did a build and price for my dealership in Windsor, Ontario and the Ex without honda sensing came to 27, 400 with tax and all the charges. Do you guys think it's too much for that trim or is that usually standard.
Overpaying. EX w/o Sensing is $22590 in Canada so ask yourself where that 5 grand is even with tax. Right now with the car just out and everything I'd try to shoot for 25k OTD with a few accessories thrown in.

Generally comparing apples to oranges here but the price is similar. My 2014 EX CVT stickered at 23500 and I was able to get it 22700 OTD with accessories. (hood deflector, Si Wheels and Weathertech floormats) Granted I didn't buy the car when it was hot and new.

CivicNut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Agree with @Newflyer3

$27.5k for EX w/sensing is high IMO. I would decide if sensing is a must or not. If yes, I would get an EX-T for ~2.5k more which gives you more (check out the trim specs Admin posted). If not, then would downgrade to regular EX to bring price down a few grand, and STILL bargain for accessories...

By the looks of things with our early buyer members, they were able to get a below-MSRP price with accessories thrown in... good sign!

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
We live in Canada so I always tell them to throw in all season mats whether OEM or weathertech on principle alone. If they don't do that for free they don't get the sale, simple as that. I mean, do they honestly expect me to ruin my carpet?

I also realized a ton of Ontario members have to pay more tax than I do in Alberta...

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What's wrong with running steelies? The black and metal finish on Honda wheels will surely be damaged throughout the winter anyway so dropping $2k only for them to get f***** up is just financially unwise. It's not like you got to the wrong place or crashed your car running steelies. If you insist on alloy, I'd get aftermarket anyway because it's probably less expensive.
Agree totally, that's why we put the steelies on the HRV.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Went to the dealer today and got the literature. There is a discrepancy concerning the Touring. Web build site show Crystal Black Pearl, Modern Steel Metallic, Burgundy Night Pearl and White Orchid Pearl as choices. The literate shows these four as well as Aegean Blue Metallic.

The WOP in the show room was disappointing. Not very pearly. Maybe it was the lighting.

Loved the black interior. Everything felt and looked great. Lots of places to put stuff. Trunk looked like it could hold two large golf bags. Didn't take one out as it's raining. Want a proper test.

Last edited:

CivicNut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Went to the dealer today and got the literature. There is a discrepancy concerning the Touring. Web build site show Crystal Black Pearl, Modern Steel Metallic, Burgundy Night Pearl and White Orchid Pearl as choices. The literate shows these four as well as Aegean Blue Metallic.

The WOP in the show room was disappointing. Not very pearly. Maybe it was the lighting.

Loved the black interior. Everything felt and looked great. Lots of places to put stuff. Trunk looked like it could hold two large golf bags. Didn't take one out as it's raining. Want a proper test.
Which dealerships did you go to?

also, how are they with the negotiations? Are they going below MSRP or adding accessories... would love to get a value of $500-1,000 on an EX-T either by lower price or adding some accessories like darker tinted windows, floor mats, mud flaps, blah blah...

Please share your negotiation experience so rest could try as well...
Sponsored